OOC Player Logistics

ffilz
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

OOC Player Logistics

#1 Post by ffilz »

@eris indicated an interest in playing also. We may start things going and have him join once he has a character generated.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

sirravd

Re: Kicking off

#2 Post by sirravd »

Are we still go? :)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by ffilz »

sirravd wrote:Are we still go? :)
Yea, I need to ruminate a bit on the rumors and world info I have and set you up with something to get started on.

We'll see if @eris joins us or not, he hasn't responded to private messages. If he joins, cool, otherwise, we go with what we have.

I don't know if you want to recruit any additional crew beyond your PCs and secondary PCs.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ffilz »

Welcome aboard Eris. I hope we can get this rolling over the next week. Hopefully with summer over, folks are more available, and hopefully those that were impacted by the various natural disasters are settling back in (Eris I know was impacted by Irma at least to the extent of getting himself out of harms way).

I really should set up a Google doc with all the PCs in it, but in the meantime, let's have one post per PC in the rollups thread (the other rollups are over in private messages). I suggest some use of the spoiler tag so we can shrink down bits of the descriptions to make it easier to see things (Ideally, a one or two line quick character with name, age, UPP, skills, and equipment with additional details, including generation bits in spoiler sections would be nice).

All my other campaigns being Scout ship based, I'm interested to see where a merchant ship leads us.

Frank

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by ffilz »

coil23 wrote:Manon nods. Any idea what our captain looks like?
OOC: I've been trying to get @sirravd's attention, maybe I'll try and catch him on another board/ooc]

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by ffilz »

OOC: I've made contact with siravd and unfortunately his availability has decreased, so we will have to continue without him.

If you like I can generate a new merchant captain and one of you can take him as a 2nd or replacement PC, or we can roll up a scout with a ship (or even a noble or hunter), or we can continue with your PCs as "travellers" without a ship.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:OOC: I've made contact with siravd and unfortunately his availability has decreased, so we will have to continue without him.

If you like I can generate a new merchant captain and one of you can take him as a 2nd or replacement PC, or we can roll up a scout with a ship (or even a noble or hunter), or we can continue with your PCs as "travellers" without a ship.
I thought I replied to this yesterday, but don't see my reply, so maybe something went wrong.

I think coil23 called "dibs", but I'm not sure on what he called dibs. :)

Personally, I'm pretty much okay with whatever you want to do to get things going. What I'd like to do with this game is explore your sector, see what you've put out there for us.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by ffilz »

Yea, @coil23, what did you call dibs on?

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Eris »

If we're going to be travelling without a ship, we'll need some reason to be together. Trying to come up with that is probably as big a hassle as coming up with a ship.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:If we're going to be travelling without a ship, we'll need some reason to be together. Trying to come up with that is probably as big a hassle as coming up with a ship.
How about this for a merchant captain:

Merchant Captain Baron Adam Gruber 748A4C Age 34
4 terms Cr40,000
Skills: Electronics-2, Gun-1, Jack-o-T-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Pilot-1, Steward-1, Vehicle-2
Benefits: Free Trader (new with a 40 year mortgage), Low Passage

Full roll up available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rjp ... sp=sharing (just scroll to near the bottom).

Would someone like to take him as a PC? I'd prefer not to have the ship captain be an NPC, but if that's the best way to do it, I will.

We also have a new player, @ramona, who was interested which might be a possibility.

Frank

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by Ramona »

OOG - Oh dear god only mad dogs and Englishmen put me in charge of anything bigger than a TV remote.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote:OOG - Oh dear god only mad dogs and Englishmen put me in charge of anything bigger than a TV remote.
Welcome to the game!

So, don't play that character! Roll up an Engineer and my PC will move to the bridge to run Navigation, or roll up a master hacker with mad computer skills, or an ex Army/Marine gun bunny, or a richer than sin dilettante noble with a ship who needs a crew. The possibilities are endless! ;)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by Ramona »

I used the program and created an ex-Army major and posted them to the other part of the site.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by ffilz »

BTW, if we have an NPC captain, I would rather use Merchant Captain Baron Adam Gruber than Merchant Senior Captain Baron Wen Rodríguez, but I'm fine either way.

Frank

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:BTW, if we have an NPC captain, I would rather use Merchant Captain Baron Adam Gruber than Merchant Senior Captain Baron Wen Rodríguez, but I'm fine either way.

Frank
Frank, if you can't get someone to take Adam Gruber (or Wen Rodriguez), I'll do it. Andy and Adam, you know I'm going to get the two mixed up, so you'd have to keep me straight. Maybe, I should take Wen, if I take one? :) However, I'm okay with Coil or Ramona taking Adam or Wen if they want to be ship Captain.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
ffilz wrote:BTW, if we have an NPC captain, I would rather use Merchant Captain Baron Adam Gruber than Merchant Senior Captain Baron Wen Rodríguez, but I'm fine either way.

Frank
Frank, if you can't get someone to take Adam Gruber (or Wen Rodriguez), I'll do it. Andy and Adam, you know I'm going to get the two mixed up, so you'd have to keep me straight. Maybe, I should take Wen, if I take one? :) However, I'm okay with Coil or Ramona taking Adam or Wen if they want to be ship Captain.

Eris
Ah, yes, name mixups. We can always change names to protect the innocent... If you want to take Wen Rodriguez that would be fine with me.

I really need to add to the name lists in the generator, with the number of campaigns I'm involved in that are using it, I'm starting to see repeats... Of course it's selection of names also makes a hint that someone used the generator even if they don't want to admit it...

p.s. since you are also a GM, if you would like to see any enhancements to the generator, just let me know. It's always fun adding to it...

Frank

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Ramona »

Ah death in service.... I totally didn’t miss that. :D

So I generated another grunt, not so wimpy and a merchant... can you get a starship mustering out? I sat and hit refresh like 60 times just to see what it’d spit out and I never got a ship despite getting some pretty long service, high social characters.

Look at them both and let me know which works better for you.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by ffilz »

It's hard to get a ship mustering out, however, there are "cheat" options that help, using one of the following URLs to the generator (using my instance in these) will get you a character with a ship in one click:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Gaming ... ice=scouts
http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Gaming ... =merchants

As to which character to play, pick the one YOU want to play...

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Eris »

Ffilz, I'm likely to disappear for a while once Hurricane Nate hits. As I said, I'll take on Wen Rodriguez as a second PC unless Coil wants to, but I am unlikely to be here for a bit. I don't want to stall the game, so please, NPC Andy and Wen if I'm going to play him until I get back.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:Ffilz, I'm likely to disappear for a while once Hurricane Nate hits. As I said, I'll take on Wen Rodriguez as a second PC unless Coil wants to, but I am unlikely to be here for a bit. I don't want to stall the game, so please, NPC Andy and Wen if I'm going to play him until I get back.
Ok, it looks like you running Wen Rodriquez. If you could give some thoughts on what you think the course of action should be, we will do our best to keep the game rolling if you're out for extended time.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”