Chapter 1 (Hero Arc)

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Chapter 1 (Hero Arc)

#81 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Demolition skill check against a 15 Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 7, Success!

You are starting to put certain pieces together. You don't have everything figured out yet, but your knowledge of demolition jobs has provided some insight into how a criminal could have coordinated these strikes. Super abilities aside, a vehicle would be the main form of transportation for hidden explosives, especially if it's a vehicle of the organization that is being targeted. And something like this, attacking multiple areas almost at once, it suggests that a more than one person is working together on this. A criminal group based in the Industrial Sector? But who would have access to such advanced explosives capable of the monument attack? More questions than answers, but it's something.

Lucky's mind is going full throttle with ideas and theories but has no physical way of communicating his thoughts. It is then that Scamp chimes in mentally. "Would you like me to carry your ideas over to the detective?"
OOC I was going to leave a note :). "Yes SCAMP thanks a lot" Also maybe the detectives can find out if the vehicles needed were all obtainable from one source? Or were all "stolen" Check video footage maybe. Also find out whether or not these explosives materials are regulated or not?

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#82 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Nodding at the officer, Jimmy replies, "I don't know what we can do here to help anyway, but why don't you check in with the fire crew to see if they can use our help at all? In the meantime, I'll check in with dispatch to let them know how things are going here." Gathering up his notes, Jimmy turns to use the radio in the car, and (Perception Roll [3d6] = 10) notices a van that pulled up while he was chatting. He is about to continue to the radio when he sees the S.C.A.M.P. unit also exit the vehicle. Having heard of it talked about around the precinct, he is still surprised when he hears it's voice within his head.

After hearing the presented information, Jimmy thinks, "That is good information, would you guys mind hanging around here and helping deal with this emergency until we get things calmed down, then we can discuss in more detail and see if we can fully flesh out the idea."

I used light blue for the thoughts, let me know if you just want all the in character communication in the same blue.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#83 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

BuckshotChuck wrote:Nodding at the officer, Jimmy replies, "I don't know what we can do here to help anyway, but why don't you check in with the fire crew to see if they can use our help at all? In the meantime, I'll check in with dispatch to let them know how things are going here." Gathering up his notes, Jimmy turns to use the radio in the car, and (Perception Roll [3d6] = 10) notices a van that pulled up while he was chatting. He is about to continue to the radio when he sees the S.C.A.M.P. unit also exit the vehicle. Having heard of it talked about around the precinct, he is still surprised when he hears it's voice within his head.

After hearing the presented information, Jimmy thinks, "That is good information, would you guys mind hanging around here and helping deal with this emergency until we get things calmed down, then we can discuss in more detail and see if we can fully flesh out the idea."

I used light blue for the thoughts, let me know if you just want all the in character communication in the same blue.
The light blue is fine Ruke.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Rukellian »

Sure, if you guys prefer light blue as mental talk, we can do that. I just italicized character thoughts to make it stand out from the normal dialogue, that's all.

So, actions from Lucky?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#85 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Sure, if you guys prefer light blue as mental talk, we can do that. I just italicized character thoughts to make it stand out from the normal dialogue, that's all.

So, actions from Lucky?
Ask SCAMP to relay to the detective(s) that we need to warn other potential targets to be on guard and be extra cautious of any types of delivery vehicles including their own! Lucky will turn Hector over to the rescue people and the "hero" with the other "heroes" that were present so he can mingle with them for better chances of being safe.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Rukellian »

So long as you are within reasonable distance of Scamp, he will automatically relay your thoughts between your allies. Easier to communicate that way. What's important to also remember is that Scamp is a walking bomb detector. His sense of smell is incredible, worthy of a being a super ability. He can smell anything that he has come across before, and he can use his mental abilities to sniff out criminal thoughts.

------

The messages and ideas are relayed successfully. Jimmy Nguyen is up to speed with what you all know and the two occupants of Lucky's van has been sent their respective ways. The officer on the scene nods when he hears Lucky's advice and starts to radio to the others the situation that is unfolding. Though the officers are spread thin, they could always radio in more help from the other districts, as well as get in touch with SFH for official aid. If the dice are in your favor that is...

There are patients still trapped inside the hospital, as well as some hospital staff. The building is a lost cause, but the people inside still have a chance to survive this. How will you proceed?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#87 Post by BuckshotChuck »

"I'm Jimmy by the way." Jimmy tells Lucky. "Let's see if we can help get some of the civilians clear of the hospital while our friends deal with the blaze itself." Heading toward the hospital, Jimmy tries to locate one of the firefighters that might be able to point us at some (re)breathing equipment for entering the hospital. Whether or not he gathers anything, he will head toward an entrance not currently on fire, enter the hospital, and start searching for anyone trapped in the hospital to pull out, using Breath Control as needed.

Rukellian, I'll roll when posting when needed, but feel free to roll any of my skill checks you'd like to keep the story moving.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#88 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

BuckshotChuck wrote:"I'm Jimmy by the way." Jimmy tells Lucky. "Let's see if we can help get some of the civilians clear of the hospital while our friends deal with the blaze itself." Heading toward the hospital, Jimmy tries to locate one of the firefighters that might be able to point us at some (re)breathing equipment for entering the hospital. Whether or not he gathers anything, he will head toward an entrance not currently on fire, enter the hospital, and start searching for anyone trapped in the hospital to pull out, using Breath Control as needed.

Rukellian, I'll roll when posting when needed, but feel free to roll any of my skill checks you'd like to keep the story moving.
I have SCAMP relay to a few of the supers to concentrate efforts in one of the main corridors so those inside have a way to escape I will also enter the building to assist those in escaping once inside I will grab and extinguisher or two and also see if there are fire suppression systems. SCAMP plz guard the van OOC nice to meet you Jimmy

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Rukellian »

It is at this point that multiple fire departments have arrived with their vehicles and crews of fire fighters, 3-4 divisions from the looks of it. Supers who are willing to brave the fires alongside the firefighters line up for breathing masks and extinguisher packs. The front entrance has been secured, but smoke is heavy in the air. Visibility has been reduced inside the hospital. To spot any trapped people that need help, roll against perception at a penalty of -3.

I will get Lucky's action started since I've been rolling for him lately. Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 13. Failed by 1.

When Lucky don's the breathing equipment, and or an extinguisher pack, he rushes into the hospital. The crackling of flames and the shouts of firefighters giving orders drowns out the sound in the immediate area. You can see some things in the room, but it's a dangerous place to be stationary in. Cursory glances show no one needs saving in the main lobby. Where do you start looking?

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#90 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:It is at this point that multiple fire departments have arrived with their vehicles and crews of fire fighters, 3-4 divisions from the looks of it. Supers who are willing to brave the fires alongside the firefighters line up for breathing masks and extinguisher packs. The front entrance has been secured, but smoke is heavy in the air. Visibility has been reduced inside the hospital. To spot any trapped people that need help, roll against perception at a penalty of -3.

I will get Lucky's action started since I've been rolling for him lately. Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 13. Failed by 1.

When Lucky don's the breathing equipment, and or an extinguisher pack, he rushes into the hospital. The crackling of flames and the shouts of firefighters giving orders drowns out the sound in the immediate area. You can see some things in the room, but it's a dangerous place to be stationary in. Cursory glances show no one needs saving in the main lobby. Where do you start looking?
Does my vision/hearing help that failed roll? Or help me locate people? I scan the room for the map they always have on the wall and look for exit signs so i know where the stairwells are at. I will proceed upstairs first.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rukellian »

Ninja Hunter, it was a failed roll. I described what you saw based off of it.

Lucky finds the fire escape plans easily enough and are able to locate the stairs. They are still structurally stable as you make your way up to the second floor.

Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 10

You are able to hear the sounds of a cry for help some distance away. It is muffled and weak, most likely coming from the other end of the corridor. With a rebreather, you are able to navigate these halls through the thick smoke, but civilians may not have that same advantage. That and the corridor is on fire in multiple areas.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#92 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Ninja Hunter, it was a failed roll. I described what you saw based off of it.

Lucky finds the fire escape plans easily enough and are able to locate the stairs. They are still structurally stable as you make your way up to the second floor.

Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 10

You are able to hear the sounds of a cry for help some distance away. It is muffled and weak, most likely coming from the other end of the corridor. With a rebreather, you are able to navigate these halls through the thick smoke, but civilians may not have that same advantage. That and the corridor is on fire in multiple areas.
I just did not know if it helped :(. I will make my way as quickly as I'm able to rescue people.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Rukellian »

Running through the flames then?

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#94 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Running through the flames then?
Dodge where applicable but if i have to to save people then yes through the flames(extinguishing what i can first)

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#95 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Turning to head into the hospital after helping to hand out the equipment, Jimmy notices Lucky is nowhere to be seen. Taking the last breathing mask and extinguisher pack, he rushes to the front entrance. Donning the mask, Jimmy heads into the hospital, squinting in (Perception Roll [3d6] = 17) an unsuccessful attempt to peer through the smoke.

Having no idea which way Lucky went, Jimmy continues to move into the hospital, keeping his eyes and ears open for anyone needing assistance. "I wonder which way Lucky went?", Jimmy contemplates as he heads deeper into the building looking for survivors.

Sorry for the delay. For some reason I'm no longer getting notified from the thread subscription.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#96 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

BuckshotChuck wrote:Turning to head into the hospital after helping to hand out the equipment, Jimmy notices Lucky is nowhere to be seen. Taking the last breathing mask and extinguisher pack, he rushes to the front entrance. Donning the mask, Jimmy heads into the hospital, squinting in (Perception Roll [3d6] = 17) an unsuccessful attempt to peer through the smoke.

Having no idea which way Lucky went, Jimmy continues to move into the hospital, keeping his eyes and ears open for anyone needing assistance. "I wonder which way Lucky went?", Jimmy contemplates as he heads deeper into the building looking for survivors.

Sorry for the delay. For some reason I'm no longer getting notified from the thread subscription.
Ruke i will grab and use more extinguishers along the way (assuming they are there and weren't used) also if i can figure out how the fire/smoke is acting when/where i can i will make exits for the smoke without feeding oxygen to the fire. "SCAMP sitrep?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Rukellian »

Scamp transmits thoughts between Lucky and Jimmy as well as the coordinated efforts of the first responders. Through Scamp, Jimmy learns that Lucky took one of the nearby fire escape exits to go the second floor. The fire fighters in the building are doing what they can, fighting back the blaze that is consuming the hospital. Most of the first floor has been swept and now it is a race against time to reach the higher levels. The building grows more unstable by the minute and smoke inhalation is taking its toll on the survivors inside.

Lucky has a head start on the second floor, clearing a path with an extinguisher to reach the end of the burning corridor. This takes a turn, given the speed at which Lucky works. Apparently, there is some patients and staff at the other end of the corridor.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#98 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Scamp transmits thoughts between Lucky and Jimmy as well as the coordinated efforts of the first responders. Through Scamp, Jimmy learns that Lucky took one of the nearby fire escape exits to go the second floor. The fire fighters in the building are doing what they can, fighting back the blaze that is consuming the hospital. Most of the first floor has been swept and now it is a race against time to reach the higher levels. The building grows more unstable by the minute and smoke inhalation is taking its toll on the survivors inside.

Lucky has a head start on the second floor, clearing a path with an extinguisher to reach the end of the burning corridor. This takes a turn, given the speed at which Lucky works. Apparently, there is some patients and staff at the other end of the corridor.
I wont waste time trying to physically help people out I will just make sure the way back is safe and will continue forward to try to reach more people trapped. i will mark the way i came on the map and hand it to the first people i find and grab another one as i go. I keep SCAMP informed of my location.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#99 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Understanding that people trapped higher in the Hospital are the most likely to get caught without an escape path, I start making my way up the stairs, past the 2nd floor. "SCAMP, please let Lucky know I'm moving up past the 2nd floor." Using the fire extinguisher and Breath Control (13) as needed to reach the higher floors, I make my way as high as as I can without purposely stranding myself. Once there, I'll verify the heat level of the stairway door with the back of my hand, only opening the door and shouting/looking for survivors if I'm confident the floor is not engulfed in flame, otherwise I'll move down a floor and repeat the process.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Rukellian »

The first responding firefighters are there to help assist with the flame extinguishing. Upon reaching the end of the corridor, Lucky is able to clear a path for the civilian rescue effort. He moves on to the second floor, doing the same.

Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 7 Your keen hearing allows you to pick up on more cries for help. With Scamp's help, you share this information with the firefighters. The next floor is a bit unstable, however, and the certain portions of the corridor are at risk of collapsing. I would like for you to roll against your Dodge to avoid any flaming debris falling from above.

-----

Jimmy's careful approach to investigating each floor prevents him from any unnecessary burns. The third floor is ablaze but not as bad as the first two. Lot's of smoke in the area. Roll against Perception twice to determine if you hear anyone and if there is a safe path to get to them. It is worth noting that the flame damage has caused certain parts of the flooring to collapse into the second floor, creating holes and unstable sections of walling.

Return to “Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS)”