Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter #2: Adventure 2: Nine Flawed Sapphires

#261 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dubb & Asad take Emma's word for it that the ledger is what it should be. No local laws come to mind that marks the business as illegal to either Dubb or Asad. Abrex can confirm what Emma was able to read the ledger and the half-elf's word thus far prove to be true. As for local laws something does come to mind. PM being sent to Abrex

Asad also relays that there indeed was a prisoner tied up back in the room that was locked earlier he had no issues getting into the room and back out. Did Asad free the man hanging upside down by a rope in the middle of the room? Did you read the post on page 13 viewtopic.php?f=443&t=6582&p=323282#p323282?
GreyWolfVT wrote:Asad returns to the room that had been locked before to the extent where a good lock picking did not amount to a thing. The door opens and he sees a man suspended upside down from the ceiling by a rope. The man sees Asad and is happy "Oh good thank the gods of fate, get me out of this place they keep torturing me for sport. If only I hadn't tried to come after that damned ledger alone... I might have managed to not get caught. Please release me I shall swear my allegiance to you and be honor bound to server you good sir."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#262 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir goes back the way he came, intent on seeing the prisoner. Assuming the prisoner asks him the same general questions, he will interrogate the prisoner. I am not able to get you down on my own, so you will have to wait for someone else. Before that, however, I wish to know more. Who are you?
Why did you come here to get the ledger, and when? How did you get caught, and what all is going on here? Who was torturing you?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#263 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Prisoner the man replies to Benham "I am Rashad. I came here as word had reached me on the streets in Muluk just as I assume it did to you. I was caught trying to find a way into the falls and some of the men with scimitars caught me sneaking around near the falls trail. The one torturing me is that female half-elf she burns me for sport. Using some sort of spell that causes her touch to burn me like a flames. I swear by all that is holy I will be honor bound to anyone that gets me out of this place. I'm a holy warrior and my word is my bond, it is against my training to lie. I am a follower of Hakiyah." he does have the symbol of Hakiyah tattooed on his arm

aside from that yes he gives the same speech to everyone that comes to see him. Rashad is a Faris class warrior. He worships Hakiyah the goddess of honesty and truth.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by ravenn4544 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
Asad also relays that there indeed was a prisoner tied up back in the room that was locked earlier he had no issues getting into the room and back out. Did Asad free the man hanging upside down by a rope in the middle of the room? Did you read the post on page 13 viewtopic.php?f=443&t=6582&p=323282#p323282?
GreyWolfVT wrote:Asad returns to the room that had been locked before to the extent where a good lock picking did not amount to a thing. The door opens and he sees a man suspended upside down from the ceiling by a rope. The man sees Asad and is happy "Oh good thank the gods of fate, get me out of this place they keep torturing me for sport. If only I hadn't tried to come after that damned ledger alone... I might have managed to not get caught. Please release me I shall swear my allegiance to you and be honor bound to server you good sir."
ravenn4544 wrote:Asad "Who the fuck are you?"
Asad did not take him down.

GreyWolfVT

#265 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:
ravenn4544 wrote:Asad "Who the fuck are you?"
Asad did not take him down.
Well then you hear the same speech that Benham just did. ;)

Scott308

#266 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Ah yes, Burning Hands, I do believe. Wonderful little spell. Mind you, I've never actually had Jafar fetch that particular spell for me, but I am familiar with its workings.

Iskandar turns to The Lion. Would you be so kind as to help me get this man down, Asad? I cannot manage it on my own, and I don't believe there is any reason to keep him hanging any longer.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion "'Holy warrior'? 'Your word is your bond'? And you were caught sneaking around? Fate indeed! What were you sneaking around for?"

With that he lashes out with his great scimitar and cuts the man down ungently.

GreyWolfVT

#268 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rashad "The ledger, that and there are illegal acts going on in this place. I aimed to put a stop to it. Obviously my stealth lacks in skill."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Keeps close watch on the mage. He moves back slowly. Trying to do it unoticed.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma Springdawning

Smiles and nods, satified as she closes the ledger and carefully stashes it away in her bag. "Thank you, Lady. I am so happy that we were able to come to a civilized and honorable agreement. Cooler heads triumph once more." She idly looks over the casks of wine. "in unrelated matters, would it be out of the question to purchase a bottle for myself before we go? The boquey in the ait is hard to resist. Especially since we will never be returning."

Scott308

#271 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar
GreyWolfVT wrote:Rashad "The ledger, that and there are illegal acts going on in this place. I aimed to put a stop to it. Obviously my stealth lacks in skill."
Illegal activities, you say? Do tell.

GreyWolfVT

#272 Post by GreyWolfVT »

PM sent to Asad and Benham from Rashad.

Female Half-Elf gives a smile that indicates she is trying to be polite while being rather irked that you all have not left yet. "Well then begone with you all and take that Rashad fellow too please. I don't wish to see any of you here again. As for the wine no sorry they are all part of an order for our clients." in other words not for sale to the likes of you based on her tone sounding more agitated at the need to be "friendly".

Map:
Sakina Falls Hidden Complex revealed update.jpg
Sakina Falls Hidden Complex revealed update.jpg (341.88 KiB) Viewed 579 times

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal will move up to a box nearer the doorway quietly using his halflings typically stealthy approach, but only so long as he cannot be spotted doing so. If there are still guards in the box room
He will remain hidden with Alara, his sleep spell at the ready. He will instruct the unseen servant to the other side of the chamber, ready to cause a distraction if necessary, torch held high.
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#274 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0 : HP 14 : Thac0 18

Abrex backs up to whisper to Emma and the others nearby her covering his mouth as he whispers, "The wine operation is illegal but perhaps it will be best to deal with that another day. I suggest we take what we came for and be gone. Obviously this fellows ledger is a small time issues and there are other concerns here involving a larger boss."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma Springdawning

Aside to Abrex "I agree. Let's be off." Back to the Half Elf. "Many thanks and good fortunes to you,
Lady. We will, of course, keep our end of the bargain. In fact, my memory seems to be fading already with thoughts of returning home that will surely forever cloud anything else we have or have not seen here. May the fates be ever in your favor. We will show ourselves out and remove the... little inconvenience... from your home as we go. Come along everyone. We have taken enough of this lady's time to last a fortnight."

Emma will give a courtly bow and put a hand on Dubb's shoulder as if leading him out the opposite door closest to the entrance, but of course, she is also leading her friends through the long room for a better look. She will take mental note of all that she sees in passing through the long storage hall.

INT (14) [1d20] = 9

Secretly, she hopes the others will make quick work of getting the prisoner and heading to the entrance so they can make like a camel and hump it on out of here.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#276 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0 : HP 14 : Thac0 18

Abrex follows Emma's lead and backs out back to the prisoners area and scans the rooms as they go and makes sure they are not surprise attacked as they take their leave.

[1d20] = 18 vs Int 18

Abrex makes it appear he's just guarding the rear and scanning for potential issues.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#277 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I can add a Notes Topic if you would like to have information added about what was in the storage hall.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb bows to the lady and walks out with Emma. "Excellent, excellent. So nice when things work out for the best. Now, let's go check on this prisoner and see what shape he is in."

Whispers to Emma: "We're good, right? Shame about this place, though. It would make a wonderful temple. The acoustics are fabulous!"

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem says nothing during the meeting, just keeping an alert eye and ear out and at the end of the talks, he backs away slowly and carefully though he can't help but crack a grin at Dubb's lamenting of not being able to use this place as some kind of Temple/Music Hall. "Alas, Fate can be cruel by friend"; he says in a teasing manner to Dubb, and joins the others in leaving the area.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal finally gives up and as the others begin to leave he rejoins the group with Alara in tow. He summons the torch wielding unseen servant as well to follow.

"This seems very wrong. Why on earth would this witch give us her masters ledgers just like that, he's her boss and paying her wages after all. If these can get this Yodfah in trouble with some kind of illegal activities held within then why would he just leave it in the hands of someone so disloyal and willing to sell him out to the first strangers that come a knocking? And she tortures prisoners by burning them with her magic. Classy! I am telling you this is a trick or a trap, something is very wrong here, by Great Aunt Cemelia's hairy toes I can feel it!"

For once Alara remains silent and doesn't argue. The djinnling merely nods and floats along beside her 'master'
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Archive”