OOC II

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#161 Post by Zhym »

And then we'd have to divide 3 gp by 8 to come up with each of our shares. I'd rather just pay the 4 and spend a nice even 5 sp. ;)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#162 Post by dmw71 »

Sorry, all.
  • Bought house on Wednesday.
    Did big move on Thursday.
    Little move yesterday.
    Getting rest of our possessions out of the old place today.

Then settling.
    And deliveries.
    And installations.

I'll try to kick things off again in the next day or two.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by AleBelly »

No rush. Congrats on the new abode!!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by onlyme »

Congrats
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by drpete »

No prob :)

Congrats on the big move!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#167 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Here's a proposal to get things moving. Seeing as how we're only in town because it's safer than the caves, let's be cheap. We all crash in two rooms and live off of rations. We're out of healing spells for today, so I think we need to stay two nights. After the first night, we rest and get magical healing. After the second night, we should be all healed up with casters full up on their spells.

Total cost would be 4 gp divided by 8 = 5 sp each plus 2 days' rations (Nelly's cost is separate).

Copacetic?
Let's go with this. On the third morning, we will assume everyone is fully healthy. Everyone, please deduct the 5 silver and 2 days worth of rations. AleBelly, keeping Nelly boarded and fed for two nights will cost an additional 2 gold.

Spell-casters, please confirm your memorized spell for the day. Also, let me know if the group plans on returning to the dungeon, of something else?[/list]
-- Project --
-- DM --

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by drpete »

Money & Rations deducted.
Spell chosen (Sleep)
Vote: go back to the dungeon

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by onlyme »

I spent silver and rations but purchased a ration back.
vote: go wherever there are easy prey and lots of gold? Junius is good for whatever. However, this being the 3rd time to hit that place, it may be heavily fortified now.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Cave Loot:
59 gold, 27 silver, and 12 copper pieces

Per PC: 7 gp, 7sp,

Left over: 1 sp, 12 cp <-- I am fine with this going towards the donkey that just carried the coin.

Coins added. Food deducted and then repurchased. Deposit made in the bank (unless others want to chip in on the healing potions).

Spell: Light

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#171 Post by dmw71 »

I made a new update, in the Roganter thread. There has been a vote or two in favor of returning to the tree dungeon, but I'll give you an opportunity to formally decide.

Please do, ideally before the weekend. While it feels like a Monday to me (my first day back at work since last Wednesday), I realize tomorrow is Friday, so it makes sense to fire things up in full this weekend/Monday morning.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#172 Post by dmw71 »

There hasn't been a ton of votes, but there were a few mentions in favor of returning to the cave, so it looks like that will be the plan.

I will move the group back there later tonight, and hopefully we can get the game moving again since I'm beginning to sense some fading interest. Maybe it's just the lull after I missed a few days there during my move, but we'll see.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Bluehorse »

Sorry! For my part I am just starting the second week of school, and that is dominating the majority of my time. ( I have 8th grade for the first time this year along with my freshmen, I am practically relearning my job again). I also do not have internet service, so I am posting strictly from my phone. Admittedly, this keeps my from posting as often as well. I am going to try to get back into the swing of things soon.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'm still in. Just waiting on an adventure. The cave is good.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Zhym »

Still in. Just waiting for the group to head back to the caves (also, new job is cutting gaming time significantly, but this game usually doesn't require big posts).

Moral: trips to town always take longer than you think they will.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#176 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Moral: trips to town always take longer than you think they will.
This is something we can continue to trim. If we know the group is going to rest and immediately return, we can minimize or streamline the amount of posting the process will take.
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by onlyme »

Yeah, I generally dont really care to push for one adventure or another... that way I can blame whichever players voted for it if it turns bad :) that is, if the options are generally equal.

I am a bit confused by the OOC in the action post. There is a new hook, but also a plea not to throw a dissenting vote which might be doing anything with the hook. So, are we to go back to the cave as it was generally agreed, or do we want to see where this new hook goes?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Zhym »

I thought it was agreed that we were just in town because it was a safer place to rest than the caves and that the plan from the outset was to immediately return. But maybe that was only my impression.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by drpete »

Agreed. I was under the impression we were in town to rest/heal and planned to go back asap. I think the ooc was to ask not to wait until what seems to be thw end of the "what are we doing next" discussion to propose an entirely new idea, since we then either need to wait another week for people to weigh in or we need to move on without discussing it. The game's been slack for a couple weeks because of rl stuff. If there were alternative plans/extended downtime to discuss, that was a good time to propose them.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#180 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:I am a bit confused by the OOC in the action post. There is a new hook, but also a plea not to throw a dissenting vote which might be doing anything with the hook. So, are we to go back to the cave as it was generally agreed, or do we want to see where this new hook goes?
All indications were that the group was going to return to the cave, until the last update which indicated one of the characters refused.

What do you do?

I didn't feel comfortable forcing the player that refused to return to the cave to do just that. At the same time, it didn't feel right to force the rest of the party to remain in town. It was already late before I was able to get to my update, so there was that delay, and now I was facing the above situation where, at best, the group would need another day to debate whether to return to the cave or not.

There didn't seem to be overwhelming interest in returning to the cave:

Maybe
"Another medium jaunt to wherever..."
"So... we headed back? Or on to something new?"
"...shrugs and waits for the party to make a decision."

Yes
"...while they go back into the tree dungeon"
"...votes for heading back to the cave immediately."

No
"I'm not going back there!"

If the group wants to return to the cave -- great. If not, and there's a chance they want to remain in town, I wanted to at least introduce a possible lead to adventure the group could pursue.

So, that is where we are... essentially still at square one, where the decision is yours.

As there are intentions declared that are in direct opposition of each other, I would prefer the group ultimately decide one way or the other.

If you want (it might be helpful), you can formally declare what will be the party's intentions when they need to leave the dungeon for whatever reason (e.g. return to the dungeon as soon as possible).
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”