BATTLETECH 3025: OOC

#1 Post by max_vale »

xxxxx

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: BATTLETECH 3025: OOC

#2 Post by wolfpack »

for the families 2nd mech i wou;ld be to tempted to pick something I would like better than the jener lol.

would you please roll it random

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm here I have nothing ready for a character but will have something for you later this week max
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by max_vale »

wolfpack: Your family's second Mech is a 50 Ton Centurion. Your call to if you want it currently being piloted by another family member or being kept on the family estate

Greywolf: I can make some quick tables if you'd like to do the 'random character background' method of character creation. (I know Rose sometimes likes to do this)....i.e. 'Roll 1d6 to determine where the Character is from; 1: Capellan Confederation (House Liao); 2: Lyran Commonwealth (House Steiner); 3: Free Worlds League (House Marik); 4: Draconis Combine (House Kurita); 5: Federated Suns (House Davion); 6: Periphery (roll on a second table)

Periphery Table:

1: Bandit Kingdom (Oberon Confederation, Butte Hold, Tortuga Domains, Star's end, Belt Pirates, Santander V)
2: Outworlds Alliance
3: Taurian Concordant
4: Magistracy of Canopus
5: Circinius Federation
6: 'Lost' World/PC choice

Something like that....

Either way, no worries, it'll be a few days for me to set up everything.

Everyone: For the Strategic Game (Succession Wars); what faction do people like? I know wolfpack is a Davion fan (booo, hissssss....:) ); does anybody else have any preference? Remember for this part of the game; it's 2 on 3......Davion/Steiner vs. Marik/Kurita/Liao.

If people don't care, I'll just assign them randomly.

If anyone has questions/concerns, let me know!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by wolfpack »

I like centurions, it can be on the family estate back on weekapaug

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

that method works for me max.
[1d6] = 4
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by max_vale »

Hey Greywolf....if you wanted to use that Table I just threw up there...that means your character is orignially from the Draconis Combine; i.e. House Kurita.

If you don't know anything about Kurita (or have forgotten); it's a militaristic State with a distinctly 'Feudal Japanese' flavor; though of course more than just Japanese people live there. Anyone of any kind of ethnic/nationalistic background could be from the Combine; but of particular note are large groups of Scandinavian descendants in the District of Rasalhague; Indian descendants; Arabic peoples (whose culture name has morphed to 'Arkab' over the centuries); and people of Russian heritage.

With your character serving as the SGT and a common solider background; a possible backstory is having been noted for having Mech piloting skills in some kind of training either as a youth or in Basic Training after signing up for military service and then being lucky/skilled enough to pass the rigorous training to become a Mech Jock (with most of your classmates being Nobles and Knights and constantly looking down on you) and being assigned a Mech by the Combine. After service for several years; either your time of service was met and you decided to become a Mercenary on your own....or you left for some reason (harassed by fellow Kuritan military members; taken prisoner by the Mercenary Unit you are now a part of; etc., etc.).....

You may have won possession of the Mech due to some kind of extroidinary service (saved a Kurita Officer's life, pulled off some kind of battlefield heroics, introduced a powerfully connected Kuritan Noble to thier Spouse, etc.); or you took it and ran (this is what Rose is going to have his character do); or you gave it back; became a Mercenary and impressed them with your skill that they assigned you a Mech.

Spitballin' here amigo.....go with what works for you.....but you're looking at a character who's probably at least in his/her mid to late 20s and has either been incredibly lucky and/or has seen a lot of action and come out the better for it to be a Commoner who is a Second-in-Command of a Mech Lance with thier own (or perhaps the Unit's) Mech.

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

thanks max I like the spitballin it works and I'll take the parts I feel right with and post it as the character. ;)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Starbeard »

As a noble should I stick with the same house or an ally from what others roll up, or roll my own background?

If I'm rolling for it, then: [1d6] = 2, House Steiner.

I'm also happy to take whichever side is left over for the boardgame, I don't care who I am.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by wolfpack »

Is this game still happening?

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I think so wolfpack

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by max_vale »

Yes indeedy......sorry about the delay; RL got a little insane on me!

Please take a look at the first post in the Player Character thread and stat up your character....(those of you who already have, thanks!)...if you have any questions, let me know, thanks!

I'll get the first post up for the main game tonight/tomorrow.....we'll get the Strategic game going over at this site:

http://www.scrapyardarmory.com/successionwars/

It's free...just register and let me know your 'handle' over there and I'll get that game started as well....that one there is no real rush on.

I believe I already mentioned it; but starbeard has to delay his 'jumping into the game' time for a few months due to RL stuff; but he drew up a character which I will run as an NPC in the meantime. I will give Rose a call to try and get a character idea up as well as soon as possible.

Sorry for the delays....but the game WILL be starting soon! Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns, thanks!

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

http://www.scrapyardarmory.com/successionwars/

Max I'm GreyWolfVT on the scrap yard site as well just barely registered.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by wolfpack »

I am wolfpack on the scrap yard site

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sorry about my delay, everyone. I'm in and ready to go. Monsieur Rose on scrapyard.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by wolfpack »

Do with this D6 how does that translate to skill level in the regular battletech system.

I the regular system gunnery and piloting target of 5=green 4=regular 3=veteran 2=elite

I have 5d6 for mech gunnery and piloting, would that put me at veteran level if you reversed it on number of dice for a skill?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by max_vale »

No...and sorry, I need to put up a post about how things translate.....my bad....

So, in terms of movement; that will work like the Boardgame...i.e. a Jenner moves at 7 Walking, 11 Running, 5 Jumping and the type of terrain moved into; Hex facing changes, etc. will all cost what they do in the Boardgame....just let me know in a post: "I'll move at a Walking rate and move to Hex blah, blah, blah....facing blah, blah, blah".

For the Skills in D6 format; in essence, the more actions you take; the less chance you have of success. If you do one thing....say; "I shoot 2 medium lasers at the mech in hex blah, blah, blah" and you have a Gunnery skill of 5D; you'll roll all 5 dice and add up the results. If the Target is at....say, 5 Hex range....it counts as a Medium Range shot and thus a Medium Difficulty number of 15 (assuming the Mech Walked, but didn't Run, Jump, or is standing in any kind of covering Terrain) is needed to Hit. The 5 Dice are rolled and a result of 17 is the total. This is a Hit; so then we determine where the Mech is hit and how much damage was inflicted, etc.

If you do MORE than one action; each skill goes down by 1 dice....so if you have Gunnery 5D and shoot at 2 Different Targets; you'd roll 4D for each shot. You can take as many actions as you like, so long as you have at least 1D to roll for each action.

As for the 'Green', 'Regular', 'Veteran', and 'Elite' ratings.....I'm using this to match up:

Less than 4D: Green

4D to 5D+2: Regular

6D to 7D+2: Veteran

8D+ : Elite

Sorry, I know that's a little vague....MORE IS DEFINITELY COMING....possibly tonight, CERTAINLY over the weekend...but please feel free to make a post letting me know what actions you'd like to take (i.e. I RUN closer to the Sniper Arty and Jeeps, stopping behind the Light Woods in Hex blah, blah...or I Jump to the Elevation 2 Hex at blah, blah, blah...etc. and I'll do my best to figure it out and let you know if you need to roll anything).

This has been a week from Hell in terms of my RL and Work stuff, so I have NOT been able to get done what I wanted too....so again, my apologies; but PLEASE FEEL FREE to ask me anything, thanks!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by wolfpack »

Wylie's coyotes was always one of my favorite merc units along with hansens rough riders, bad dream, and gregs longstriders.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by wolfpack »

do we need a poke to get moving?

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

maybe some of us need to be poked with a stick but I followed orders so just the rest of the company ;)

Return to “BATTLETECH 3025 (d6)”