Ill news is an ill guest

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ill news is an ill guest

#501 Post by tooleychris »

"I have great power and even some reserves.
I can indeed aid thee. You're information about the tunnel alone has granted you reprieve from seeing my power first hand."
His whispy image fades and his true form makes a gesture in the distance. In an instant he and his other two orc companions are among your party.
"Our accord then is that we ambush these orcs as they exit the mine near Charlotte. Your army aiding in this effort. I then, having put much effort into this endeavour will be allowed to pick and choose among the dead orcs and go along my way. Yes?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#502 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Sounds fine ta me."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#503 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios nods a little excitedly and looks to the others for agrrement.

"I am Eirenaios, a fellow mage, you haven't introduced yourself yet", he smiles a little too eagerly perhaps
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#504 Post by tooleychris »

"Joshua." the man says. Up close you can see he has a bit of extra weight and his skin has a ruby healthy glow. Red locks peek out from his hood. He is dressed in loose robes with knit shirt and trousers. The orcs flanking him have been (un)dead slightly longer than the new minions and have a grayish parlor to them. The foul magic animating them do nothing for the smell of rot nor the flies accompanying it. His staff is an iron rod with a carved dragon entwining its length ending with its head at the top. He has a leathet satchel tucked under his robes.
He looks the group over and nods sadly. "I assume by your appearance I shall have to arrange a speedier route to Charlotte?"

GreyWolfVT

#505 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm nods to Joshua "Aye if yah have the ability ta do so I'm thinkin thats our best course."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Moves away from fowl smelling orcs. Yes we need to get there fast as possible.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#507 Post by tooleychris »

"I'll need to replenish my mana to move so many at once." he says. The portly man pulls a vial from his sachel, uncorks it, and drinks the milky looking substance. A few moments pass and he begins an incarnation. "You are required to touch each other and link to me." the orcs each place a hand on his shoulder. He traces a circle in the air while mumbling a few words and a pinpoint of blue light appears in front of him. It swirls like a whirlpool, growing into a large flat saucer hanging vertically in the air. "Hold tight to each other less you get lost in the transit. I'm too drained of power to find you if you get lost but will replenish again on the other side for the fight to come." he says, then steps through.
The portal leads you into a shadowy duplicate of your world. Everything looses its color and becomes somewhat out of focus. Once everyone is inside you begin to float as if you're in spirit form. The land beneath you starts to move and you fly at an ever increasing rate away from the mountains down the road to Charlotte.
Moments later you exit the portal and fall onto a brick floor inside a structure.
"You may feel sick from the journey." says the man. "It will pass quickly. I've picked a tomb within the city. The town folk won't care for my orc companions, I think, so we will leave them here for the time being...This is my families mausoleum. No one will disturb it or even visit. Where do we go now?"

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#508 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios is almost fainting at the sight of the spell unfolding in front of him, he tries to get a better understanding of it

Sorcery(89): [1d100] = 84

"S-straight to Charlotte"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT

#509 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm chokes back the spew after the fast spell movement "Me thanks Joshua names Throm appreciate tha help. Now we gotta get to the local authorities to rally tha troops."

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#510 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim closes his eyes as nausea washes over him and he fights to keep his stomach under control. As the feeling passes he opens his eyes, "Aye, let's get this map to the guards and get the ambush setup."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by tooleychris »

"This way then." says Josua magically igniting a dim light from his staff. He leads you up a dusty stone staircase to an iron door. Pushing it open the sun's rays blind you momentarily but your eyes adjust to a grave yard within the city walls. He locks the door behind you and hurries across the walk through a gate and to a cobblestone road.
The streets are busy with people conducting their day to day chores and business.
"To the keep then?" asks the necromancer.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#512 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Watches carefully as the spell unfolds before him. Trying to keep his stomach twisting inside itself. Joshua do you have place here that I may rest? I also need to regain my mana.

Knowledgde Arcane(55%)[1d100] = 83
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#513 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios just stares baffled at what he sees that he forgets to speak

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#514 Post by tooleychris »

Joshua looks irritated at Craxzus. "I didn't take you for a student of the arcane." he opens his satchel and pulls out a vial of milky looking liquid. "This will refresh your reserves. Do not be careless with your power. This gift was not part of our agreement!"

GreyWolfVT

#515 Post by GreyWolfVT »

THhrom "Sorry Joshua if yah need compensation fer it I'd be happy enough ta pay fer the aiding Craxzus."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#516 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Takes the vial from Joshua. We having been very busy since we spotted the orc encampment.
I used most of my Mana trying to prove that there were orcs on this island and then finding them.
He then turns to Throm. Thank you friend. I have coin. He then turns back to Joshua. What do you need in the way of payment?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#517 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios now going back to normal and surpressing his magic thirst speaks, "We can discuss payments later, we need to start the preparations as quickly as possible, he struts to the keep quickly

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#518 Post by tooleychris »

Joshua waves off attempt at payment. "Favors are my currency. If we survive this encounter, we will discuss what is owed."

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#519 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim keeps shooting sidelong glances at Joshua while mumbling under his breath, "It'll be a cold day in the hells when I put myself in a position to be beholden to that death farmer"!

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#520 Post by Dram »

Craxzus smiles. I will do nothing that dishonors my name, family or teachings. So that be what you going to ask of me here is your potion. And shall go rest before the battle. He hands back the potion.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “Silverymoon”