Quotes I want to add to my signature...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Quotes I want to add to my signature...

#1 Post by rredmond »

But don't have the room!!! We have so much great, funny, stuff going on here. I wanted to just open up a thread to highlight some great quotes, posts and etc from the games here. I think these things are better left out of context, but feel free to explain if you want. :) It's just fun to share. I'm going to start with a double quote that just made me smile!
ChubbyPixie wrote:
OGRE MAGE wrote: With that, the druid immediately Polymorphs himself into a majestic black Pegasus. Crouching down, he lets the two females climb on while the others grab ahold and float weightlessly behind. The pegasus takes off into the night sky with his friends in tow, hopefully before the cultists are able to catch up to them.
This is ridiculous, and also the best thing that's ever happened. I love this so much.
8-)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Quotes I want to add to my signature...

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OGRE MAGE wrote:The Two Step Twist Tower

As you creep up to the Gnoll pulling the bell rope you discern the perfect spot to insert your sword for maximum effect with minimum noise. Right between the ribs and though the heart you think. Then snap its neck and it's off to the next beast right?

Well........remember that magic ring you're trying out?

Just as the tip of the blade is about to pierce flesh, your hand suddenly opens and the sword falls to the floor with a loud clang.

For a split second you can do nothing as you feel the paralyzing magic of the ring's curse pulse throughout your whole body. Then, a second later, as all three Gnolls turn and notice you............……

You begin prancing around in small circles and figure eights. You lift your arms and legs in a back and forth motion as you sashay and pirouette around the room. You try to stop, but the magic is too strong for even a dwarf to overcome. All you can seem to do at the moment is dance around in circles, looking longingly at the Gnolls who are about to kill you.

The two Gnoll archers immediately drop their bows and grab you as you try to dance away. They quickly subdue you and push you to the floor while the other Gnoll holds a rusty dagger to throat. In broken common it says, You scream.......you die.

You say nothing but keep moving your body under them and trying to dance with your three new partners.

Ring of Dancing
(see Boots of Dancing)

Maybe a bit too long for a signature but well yeah... still an interesting situation.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Just found this thread and remembered this:
Marullus wrote:The party waits while Halfpint scouts ahead, following the dubiously long-held tradition of sending the hobbit into the dwarven ruins first...
Also:
Marullus wrote:Deliah and the mercenaries advance to Dorvar. "Why is it that dwarves make entrances so large and suitable for dragons, I wonder? A simple four-foot door would suit them and keep out giant wyrms, after all."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Zhym »

Subject: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks - Chapter One
Pulpatoon wrote:Porphyry begins screaming, cycling through the different languages he knows, expressing the ultimate in alarm as each language frames it:
Common: "HELP! Do something!"
Dwarvish: "Fire and flood! Sound the klaxons!"
Elvish: "Fil-le-de-didly-day! Wilt mine eyes see the blossoms of Spring e're anon?"
Goblin: "Rat-fuckers!"
Halfling: "Oh my giddy aunt! What a fine dumpling I find myself in!"
Kobold: "AIEE! This is how we die by the dozens!"
Lizardman: "Swamp-gas and crocodile teeth!"
Orcish: "God-spite and futile sacrifice!"
Centaur: "Curse of ill-crossed stars and burning praerie!"
Satyr: "Who spilled the wine?!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Zhym wrote:He sits and sniffs the magical food and wine skeptically. "Is magic food and wine any good?" he asks. He refrains from eating or drinking. His recent meal of human flesh may have been taboo, but at least he knows where it came from.

Return to “General RPG discussion”