OOC Discussion and Table Talk

Zhym
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC Discussion and Table Talk

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Would this 25,000 worth of equipment be above and beyond anything we bring with us from ToH?

btw - i'm okay with an unhittable monk. One less character to heal!
We'll be in hell bro do you think that you are unhittable by the denizens of hell? I certainly don't. :shock:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Norjax »

ravenn4544 wrote:btw - i'm okay with an unhittable monk. One less character to heal!
:lol:

GreyWolfVT

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

gotta love the hopefulness there :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Zhym »

You each have private forums now. I'll be doing most of the character finalizing there, so please check them.

Thanks!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Zhym »

A couple of notes on spells:

First, I'd advise against picking your starting spell list based on spells you think will be useful in Hell. Your characters won't start there and may not make it to Hell for several days.

Second, questions of "how will this spell work in Hell?" will be left to resolve in-game. More on that once the game has kicked off. For now, just assume that your PCs don't know how magic works on the outer planes.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Inferno »

Hey guys,
I'm away and offline until Tuesday, May 30th. Zhym, if I'm holding things up, please NPC my character for me. Thanks.
Have a good week, everyone.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by AleBelly »

I have Hallagad's bare bones up. Will fill them out a bit more over the weekend, just trying to avoid holding things up.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Zhym »

That looks almost as complete as I need to move him into the approved characters thread, unless you plan to add more equipment. Also please remember to tell me who his god is.

Thanks!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Zhym »

Hey all. This is going to be a busy week for me, with travel starting Wednesday. If we can get the last two PCs ready to roll by tomorrow I should be able to get a kick-off entry posted. If not, we probably won't be able to get rolling until June 6 or 7.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Inferno »

Zhym wrote:Hey all. This is going to be a busy week for me, with travel starting Wednesday. If we can get the last two PCs ready to roll by tomorrow I should be able to get a kick-off entry posted. If not, we probably won't be able to get rolling until June 6 or 7.
Looks like Purgatory precedes Hell in this game. ;)
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

A fairly true statement Inferno. :shock: :lol:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Zhym »

Inferno wrote:
Zhym wrote:Hey all. This is going to be a busy week for me, with travel starting Wednesday. If we can get the last two PCs ready to roll by tomorrow I should be able to get a kick-off entry posted. If not, we probably won't be able to get rolling until June 6 or 7.
Looks like Purgatory precedes Hell in this game. ;)
Hah!

Okay, you should be emerging from purgatory soon. I just moved the last two PCs to the finalized-characters thread (although AleBelly still needs to update Pelias's Hallagad's AC).

Spell casters, please get me your starting spell lists. Assume you're on the prime material plane and traveling overland but not expecting any particular threat. If you can put your spell lists on one line, that'll make life easier on me (because that's what I'll convert them to anyway). If you memorize multiple copies of a spell, list them separately (because I'll cross them off separately). Example:

(1) Light, Light, Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Sleep; (2) Invisibility, Web; (3) Fireball

Thanks!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran:

(1) bless, bless, command, CLW, CLW, detect magic, light, PfE, PfE, resist cold, sanctuary; (2) Augury, find traps, find traps, hold person, resist fire, resist fire, silence 15r, silence 15r, slow poison, spiritual hammer, spiritual hammer; (3) continual light, cure disease, dispel magic, dispel magic, glyph of warding, locate object, prayer, prayer, remove curse, speak with dead; (4) CSW, CSW, CSW, divination, lower water, neutralize poison, neutralize poison, PfE 10r; (5) commune, CCW, CCW, CCW, plane shift, raise dead, raise dead; (6) find the path, heal, heal, heal, word of recall; (7) gate, holy word

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by AleBelly »

Very cool intro!
Zhym wrote:Vorkath Tsaridian,* Hero of the Realm, Defender of the Faith, Bastion of Good, Scion of Law, Friend to All Children, is dead.

The killer: Old age. Time did what the minions of evil could not. The great man who had defeated vampire dragons and witch queens, the bane of all that is evil, finally succumbed to the most Neutral of enemies. Three weeks ago he took ill. A week ago, he died. The day before he died, he asked the priests not to resurrect him. It was time to go to his well-deserved final reward.

To Hallagad, he was a mentor even though he worshiped Neheod, the Two Who Are One. To Odilo the Reborn, he was the one who found him a body and reoriented him gently back to the world of the living. He found Xale and Malibran wandering the desert after they had slain the demi-lich, trying to find a way back to civilization. He spoke to the new royal family on their behalf. Others of you knew him in your own ways. All of you called him "friend," and you were honored and proud to know that he said the same of all of you.

Because of your friendship with Vorkath, the high priest of Neheod invited you to Vorkath's funeral. It was to be a small ceremony. Only the local priests of Neheod and a few friends such as yourselves would be in attendance. Vorkath, humble to the last, did not want a fuss.

Your arrival at Estborg, where the Temple of Neheod crowns the highest hill overlooking the city, was delayed for reasons beyond your control. First there was the remarkably intractable cat Hallagad had to help a small girl retrieve from a tree in the town of Willowdale. Then there were all those little old ladies who needed help crossing all those streets in Bucky's Crossing. Just past Hartsfield Abbey, a Master of Summer picked a decidedly inconvenient time to challenge Khogeki, the Unseen Servant and Master of Spring, for his position. And—well, suffice it to say that you had unintentional adventures and did good deeds. You approach Estborg in early afternoon, several hours after Vorkath's morning funeral.

As you ride over the crest of the last hill before Estborg, the city comes into view. Its stone walls and ivory towers rise from the green countryside. The south gate is about two hours ride away. The parapets of the keep shine in the midday sun. And on the highest hill, above all—

—is a gaping empty space where the Temple of Neheod should be, as if the temple were scooped out of the very stone of the hill.

You push your mounts to run as fast as they can, wondering what could have become of the church. Khogeki arrives well over an hour before the rest of you, of course, though no one sees him. A heavyset man in a white hooded robe and green sash meets you at the gate. He breathes heavily, suggesting that he just ran here himself (though much more slowly than Khogeki, you're certain).

"They're gone!" he exclaims breathlessly. "It's all gone!"

* Any resemblance to former PCs living or dead is partly coincidental.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Zhym »

Thanks!
AleBelly wrote:"Perhaps this is Neheod's doing" surmises Hallagad aloud. "His ways are mysterious to me."

He says this to calm the others, but his own words ring hollow in his ears. The paladin is suddenly much less annoyed at the Neheodite custom of wearing full battle dress to an esteemed follower's funeral. Gallahad fears it may come in handy.

A shame, really. He was rather enjoying his brief retirement.
I wonder if involuntarily coming out of retirement is like being a week away from retirement. ;)

Also: Gallahad? ;)

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Inferno »

Zhym wrote:Also: Gallahad? ;)
That's the trouble with anagrams.

Best,
Fern Ion
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by AleBelly »

I knew I wasn't going to be smart enough to pull of Hallagad. Damn it. :(

I thought of Lethal Weapon when I typed that (one week 'til retirement). And The Simpsons, of course. MENDOZZZZAAAAAAA!!!!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Zhym »

Sir Hallagad, Table of the Knight Round!

BTW, the Church of Neheod is known to you all. I've posted information about the church and its priests in the "Legends and Lore" thread.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by max_vale »

Yeah, ever since my 14 or so year old self realized how often Gygax and many of the other early D&D contributors did that with character/place/etc. names (i.e. 'Tenser' for Ernest; Melf for 'M. (Male) Elf'; 'Drawmij' for Jim Ward; 'Yrag' for Gary'; etc., etc.) I've often made character names the same way....

Xale Mav

Vax Elam

etc., etc.

Yeah....I'm a dork.....but at least I'm an OLD SCHOOL Dork! :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Zhym »

BTW, dork, I still need Xale's spell list. ;)

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”