OOC I

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC I

#421 Post by Zhym »

Does that mean we can each roll 1d3 to regain HP, or does that still come only after a full day of rest?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#422 Post by dmw71 »

Notes:
  • drpete, please add the following spells to your spell list on your character sheet, adding a note from which player you copied the spell from (e.g. Charm Person (Omdog)). Also, please decide whether Rainey would have copied Light or Shield from Mila first.
    Rainey: Charm Person from Omdog (Hrs): [1d3] = 2 (8-2 = 6)
    Rainey: Knock from Omdog (Hrs): [1d3] = 1 + [1d3] = 2 (6-3 = 3)
    Rainey: Read Lang. from Omdog (Hrs): [1d3] = 1 (3-1 = 2)
    Rainey: Light or Shield from Mila (Hrs): [1d3] = 3 (2-3 = -1)
  • Bluehose, I see that you've already added Omdog's spells to Mila's list. She will need to memorize and cast 'Read Magic' before being able to copy them, so please remove them for now. Then, when you add them back, please also add a note from which character you're coming the spell from, per above example.
  • Keebler, Mila, and Rainey, please indicate now whether you are willing to share the contents of your spell books with each other. Omdog's spells are obviously free game, but I will need to know from each player whether you are also going to share the spells from each others spell books.
  • I've assigned the three fire beetle glands to AdaRule, Mila, and Tippin. Please clarify if this is not correct. If it is correct, please make sure to add the item to your inventory list if you haven't already done so.
  • Everyone (except Mila), please deduct one day of rations from your inventory.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#423 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Does that mean we can each roll 1d3 to regain HP, or does that still come only after a full day of rest?
I went ahead and made these rolls since I needed to do a refresh of my 'Character Status' section. In the future, I will allow the players to roll.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#424 Post by Bluehorse »

dmw71 wrote:Notes:
  • Bluehose, I see that you've already added Omdog's spells to Mila's list. She will need to memorize and cast 'Read Magic' before being able to copy them, so please remove them for now. Then, when you add them back, please also add a note from which character you're coming the spell from, per above example.

Yes! I was waiting to see what was ruled after the fact and then never got around to taking them back off. Taking care of that now.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#425 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Oh! I just read this after my (crappy) roll.

Does this mean that Junius, Tippin and Keebler get to roll 2d3 for healing overnight, since we rested for 16 hours? Or did our time on watch not count? I am guessing the latter now that I have typed that, but I'll ask anyway.

If Keebler is fully healed, please pass that 2 HP on to another PC that needs it.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#426 Post by dmw71 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Does this mean that Junius, Tippin and Keebler get to roll 2d3 for healing overnight, since we rested for 16 hours? Or did our time on watch not count? I am guessing the latter now that I have typed that, but I'll ask anyway.
The latter. Only time completely at rest will count towards natural healing.

That said, you guys have the food available, and are relatively safe, so hiding out for another night is a definite possibility. Another night of rest will obviously give everyone another chance to rest for natural healing, and for casters to refresh their spells again.

It appears as if the plan is to spend another night, which is totally fine. I will allow everyone to conduct whatever activities they want during the day (e.g. inspect the chest, cast current spells, copy spells from spellbooks, finalize possessions, etc...), but will otherwise blitz through the day like I did the end of the previous night.

So, feel free to list any/all activities you'd like your character to perform during the new current day, and I will plan to fast forward once everyone has checked in with their "final" plans for the day.

Edit: Assuming magic-users memorize and cast 'Read Magic' for today, there will be plenty of time to copy all available spells, from Omdog and each other.
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#427 Post by onlyme »

So did we end up sleeping through the 2nd night? the time stamps shows 9 am, but it sounded like more than 2-3 hours worth of spell writing going on already for it to be early on the 2nd day.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#428 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:So did we end up sleeping through the 2nd night? the time stamps shows 9 am, but it sounded like more than 2-3 hours worth of spell writing going on already for it to be early on the 2nd day.
Oh. No. I did not update the time stamp. I'm going to play this second day kind of loose, until you're ready to finally set watches and the first group goes to sleep.

Based on what you guys did during the day (with the most time-consuming part being the spellbook transcriptions, which need to happen one at a time), I'll figure out what time the "night" starts and make my wandering monster checks, and resolve accordingly.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#429 Post by dmw71 »

If there are no more actions for day 2, can I get the 1-3 hit point recovery rolls for Junius, Keebler, and Tippin?Please just post them here in the ooc thread.

Also, for all spell casters (which is almost everyone), please let me know what your new memorized spells for day 3 will be, and update your character sheets accordingly.

I'll move to day 3 after the requested healing rolls have been made.
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#430 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#432 Post by dmw71 »

Bluehorse wrote:Would i be right to assume Mila has all spells from the others as well?
Yes.

As far as I'm concerned (since I didn't hear any objections), all PCs shared their spells, so everyone will know and have access to whatever everyone else does.
-- Project --
-- DM --

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#434 Post by drpete »

dmw71 wrote:Notes:
  • drpete, please add the following spells to your spell list on your character sheet, adding a note from which player you copied the spell from (e.g. Charm Person (Omdog)). Also, please decide whether Rainey would have copied Light or Shield from Mila first.
    Rainey: Charm Person from Omdog (Hrs): [1d3] = 2 (8-2 = 6)
    Rainey: Knock from Omdog (Hrs): [1d3] = 1 + [1d3] = 2 (6-3 = 3)
    Rainey: Read Lang. from Omdog (Hrs): [1d3] = 1 (3-1 = 2)
    Rainey: Light or Shield from Mila (Hrs): [1d3] = 3 (2-3 = -1)
  • Keebler, Mila, and Rainey, please indicate now whether you are willing to share the contents of your spell books with each other. Omdog's spells are obviously free game, but I will need to know from each player whether you are also going to share the spells from each others spell books.
  • I've assigned the three fire beetle glands to AdaRule, Mila, and Tippin. Please clarify if this is not correct. If it is correct, please make sure to add the item to your inventory list if you haven't already done so.
  • Everyone (except Mila), please deduct one day of rations from your inventory.

Spells Added. I picked "Light" first.

Rainey will offer to let others copy his spellbook (is there a downside to this, or are we just keeping track of who has what?)
Rainey will memorize Sleep for the next regular "adventure" day.

One day's rations deducted.

His share of coins and rations (per Zhym's post) taken.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#435 Post by onlyme »

Dave
Did Junius get 2 clws his way?
Both at rolls of 1 +1?
If so, he should be topped off as well.

4 from clw and 5 from rest.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#436 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:Did Junius get 2 clws his way?
He did, but there was a little confusion.

Canun has healed you twice:
Day 1
Day 2

On day two, when AleBelly didn't include the spell for Canun, I rolled it for him. He did post that Canun cast it afterwards, maybe not catching that I already cast it for him, so this second roll (with the same result) did not count.

I link to every change in my status, so you can go back and double-check that I didn't miss something, but I'm fairly confident Junius will begin day 3 with 9 hit points.

Junius' Health:
HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2+3 = 5+2 = 7+2 = 9
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: II. Tree Cave - Day 2

#437 Post by dmw71 »

AleBelly wrote:"That should be 934 silver coins for each, 41 gold and 9 copper.
The coin-to-pound ratio is 50:1, so adding roughly 1,000 coins each will be an extra 20 pounds.

If you are going to carry it all:
  1. Please add it to your character sheet (including location),
  2. Add 20-pounds to your encumbrance total (and let me know if this affects your movement rate).
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#438 Post by Zhym »

I can't remember—we didn't have any mules or ponies or such, did we?

Adding 20 lbs will slow Keebler to a 60' move rate. I think Tippin can add 20 lbs and still move at 60'.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#439 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:I can't remember—we didn't have any mules or ponies or such, did we?
I don't believe so, but if someone did have one, they would likely remember better than I would.
Zhym wrote:Adding 20 lbs will slow Keebler to a 60' move rate. I think Tippin can add 20 lbs and still move at 60'.
Regarding movement rates, especially if you guys are going to be leaving the dungeon and heading forward to Roganter, it will really only matter while you're still making your way to the exit. Or if you have an encounter on your travels. But, you guys can only move as fast as the slowest member, and there are at least a couple of you that already only move 60', so Keebler shouldn't have a problem.

----

Just please update your character sheets with what you're carrying (including money and any equipment/armor/weapons you're looking to salvage), and if/how that affects your movement rates.

Once all the details have been sorted out, I'll get you guys moving again.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”