I. Tree Cave

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: I. Tree Cave

#441 Post by Zhym »

"If my hearing does not fail me," answers Keebler, "I believe they are making a friend." He proceeds forward into the room with Tippin, Omdog, and Junius.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi!" says Tippin. "Wanna be our friend? Why won't the goblins let you in? Are they your friends? Do you know where we can rest safely?"

Tippin is just full of questions.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#442 Post by dmw71 »

Seeing Keebler and Watts alone, AdaRue is confused. "We brought the table like Tom asked for. Where is everyone else? Were they captured and eaten!?" he asks. "If my hearing does not fail me," answers Keebler, "I believe they are making a friend." He proceeds forward into the room with Tippin, Omdog, and Junius, careful to avoid stepping on their fallen companion.

Inside the room, Keebler arrives just in time to see those already their moving towards the center of the room, where Tippin is rattling off a series of questions to their newfound "friend": "Wanna be our friend? Why won't the goblins let you in? Are they your friends? Do you know where we can rest safely?" Grosh seems timid, and apprehensive, but does his best to answer the halfling's questions. "Grosh not have no friends. Boss not allow it," he sighs. "Me definitely not friends wit' goblins," he adds. "Skunk got in bosses room," he says, indicating the door he was knocking at earlier. "He lock door so Grosh can't get in, but he be in trouble when Borsh find him. Borsh is the boss." he clarifies. "Me rest right there," he says, pointing to the single bed in the left hand corner of the room. Spying Tippin, Omdog, Junius, and then Keebler, he efforts as he counts to four. "Well, you could take their beds," he says, indicating the four beds on the opposite side of the room, next to the three dead goblin bodies.
E07 - Friend.jpg
E07 - Friend.jpg (383.09 KiB) Viewed 596 times
Actions?

---

Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 16:15 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 44F (53F topside)
Conditions:
  • Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
  • None
Character Status
  • Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6-3 = 3 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (14) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4-3 = 1 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (17)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (15)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (14)
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
The Lost or Fallen
  • Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
Marching Orders
  • Scout:
    • Keebler
    5-foot:
    • Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Omdog
      Watts
      Canun
    10-foot:
    • Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Omdog
      Watts & Canun
Rolls
  • None.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

kensanata
Tracker
Tracker

#443 Post by kensanata »

Omdog nods and repeats what he heard, also switching to Common, Ok, so Skunk is in Borsh's room but Borsh is not here. He nods. Any idea when he might be coming back? He looks at the door. Is it big? Goblin sized? Is Borsh big? As big as you? Bigger? Omdog moves to the door and knocks with a heavy hand, and barks and growls like a goblin, Arac taffa abarak Skunybak! Awoogarak Borshnok kabis? Arkhangelsk breck uff.
It is wrong to hide in your leader's den, Skunk! Soon, Borsh will be back and what will you bark? Better open the door now than get beat up later.
He grins back at the rest of the party and Grosh.
I run a blog. I also run a site for campaign wikis. I wrote a face generator, a character generator, a dungeon mapper, a Traveller subsector generator, and a hex map generator (editable as text).

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#444 Post by onlyme »

Junius looks at the conversationalists, wondering what they are attempting to tell each other. He starts to look for items around the dead goblins, hoping to find better arrows or bows.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#445 Post by ybn1197 »

Watts joins Junius scrounging for items around the goblins. He is not fickle when it comes to collecting coins with minimal risk to his own skin.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#446 Post by Zhym »

"I am not sanguine about the prospect of an uninterrupted rest near the 'boss's room,' " says Keebler. "Perhaps some other location would be more suitable?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#447 Post by Zhym »

Tippin loses interest in the conversation. He goes back to Tom and salvages what should be salvaged (including his armor).

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#448 Post by dmw71 »

Tippin loses interest in the conversation and heads back to the passage so he can salvage what he can from Tom's corpse. As he arrives, the fallen halfling's torch sputters out, but Mila's lantern offers him enough light to work. The fellow halfling is wearing chain armor, which Tippin determines is going to be far too long on him without serious modification, but his shield will be a fit for anyone. Also his weapons, which include a hand axe, dagger, and short bow with 16 arrows. Tom also has on his person a backpack which contains all his normal possessions, which includes a waterskin, flint and steel, 7 torches, bedroll, 6 days of trail rations, and 6 large sacks. One of the sacks is glowing, and is revealed to be containing one of the fire beetle glands. A second sack contains the few coins Tom had in his possession -- 6 gold and 7 silver pieces. Mila, Rainey, AdaRue, and Canun all take a much needed rest after their race to secure and return the table.
E07 - Tom Table.jpg
E07 - Tom Table.jpg (102.76 KiB) Viewed 581 times
While Tippin works over Tom, Junius and Watts search the bodies of the fallen goblins. Their efforts produce a spear, 3 crude goblin swords, 2 short bows with 25 arrows, 3 gold pieces, 37 silver pieces, and 29 copper pieces.
E07 - Goblins.jpg
E07 - Goblins.jpg (52.22 KiB) Viewed 581 times

Grosh, who rivals Junius in height, quickly corrects Omdog on one point. "Borsh in room," he says, indicating the room behind him. "Skunk just sneak in and hide." The door Skunk snuck into and locked behind him is tall enough for anyone in the group to pass under without ducking, and is made of solid, sturdy wood with a single bronze loop handle. "Is bar inside," Grosh adds, indicating how the door is secured. Omdog moves to the door and pounds on it while barking out to Skunk in the goblin tongue: "Arac taffa abarak Skunybak! Awoogarak Borshnok kabis? Arkhangelsk breck uff." Grosh stands by and watches nervously.
E07 - Door.jpg
E07 - Door.jpg (83.62 KiB) Viewed 581 times
After a brief moment, a grumbling sound is heard coming from the other side of the door, then a loud growl. "Dar agaan O druuc ac maagaan?" the rough voice bellows, which Omdog translates into: "What are you doing in here?" Grosh takes a step back. "Borsh must've found Skunk."

Suddenly, Omdog's torch, which still lies in the center of the chamber floor, flickers out.

Actions?

---

Time: 16:19 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Conditions:
  • Cool
    Damp
  • None
Character Status
  • Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6-3 = 3 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (14) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4-3 = 1 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (17)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (15)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (14)
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
The Lost or Fallen
  • Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
Marching Orders
  • Scout:
    • Keebler
    5-foot:
    • Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Omdog
      Watts
      Canun
    10-foot:
    • Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Omdog
      Watts & Canun
Rolls
  • None.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

kensanata
Tracker
Tracker

#449 Post by kensanata »

Omdog looks at his fellow party members and tries to figure out whether they are ready to ambush the goblins' boss or not. Figuring they're probably ready for some looting, with tables nearby for cover, he waves Grosh away from the door and steps away himself. Delkaan man shuulkaan duun huugaan ogaach, dhuur daan magaan shuulkaan duun shal'daakaan or rhuurekaan! Shuulkaan ac tuul dar o shac draaklaac or draac or koc ac kaarar or han ac tuulkaan okhaar shagaan. Daan magaan shuulkaan duun dalaan or tor.

(Should the door be opened, Omdog is ready to dive for complete cover and hunker down.)
Time has come to prove yourself, for we have come to challenge your bossiness! Come and show that you can defend your den or run and restart your pack in some other cave. We have come to take your stuff.
I run a blog. I also run a site for campaign wikis. I wrote a face generator, a character generator, a dungeon mapper, a Traveller subsector generator, and a hex map generator (editable as text).

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#450 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

AdaRue is overcome with sorrow to see Tom lying, dead in the hallway. She wants to ask all sorts of questions about why they hadn't waited for the table, but she cannot get the words out. Instead, cradles her friend in her lap, crying. Finally, she manages, We need to bury him outside, at least. And send a message to his kin. They deserve to know.

When Tippin comes to glean Tom's belongings, she refuses to let him. What are you doing!? Stop it! He was our friend! Don't be crass! She tries to defend Tom's lifeless body from their grave-robbing friend.

Under other circumstances, AdaRue would have suggested setting up an ambush before calling on whatever-it-is-that-is-boss in there. Could be an orc. Maybe get all the tables set up for archers to hide behind, then have one person draw the boss out and then let loose the arrows? Alas, she won't be helping with that right away.
Last edited by Rusty Tincanne on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#451 Post by Zhym »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:When Tippin comes to glean Tom's belongings, she refuses to let him.
Are we going to have to get into PC vs. PC conflict? Or is there a way to phrase that other than "My PC doesn't let your PC do what you just said your PC does," which never leads to anything good?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#452 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Dang! I though i had edited that better to avoid that impression. It is too strong of wording. Just playing out her emotions is all. She would acquiesce with a bit of reasoning without any conflict. She's just realizing the world is a harder place that she had ever realized. Thanks for asking!

Let me repost before responding, please.
Last edited by Rusty Tincanne on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#453 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

AdaRue is overcome with sorrow to see Tom lying, dead in the hallway. She wants to ask all sorts of questions about why they hadn't waited for the table, but she cannot get the words out, being too disturbed seeing Tippin stripping their friend's body.

As he finishes what he is doing, she rushes over and cradles Tom's body in her lap, crying. Finally, she manages, We need to bury him outside, at least. And send a message to his kin. They deserve to know.

Good call, Zhym. That covers what I was trying to do without stepping on Tippin's toes. Thanks :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by Zhym »

Tippin hangs his head. "I just‚ I...sorry," he stammers. "I thought, well, they don't exactly make tons of armor in the right size for hobbits, and his might fit me, even though Tom was freakishly tall—I mean, points to us for never mentioning it, but we all noticed it, right? I think he was more of a three-quarterling than a halfling, really, and while we're handing out points let's give some for us hobbits not getting all offended by 'halfling' which is kind of offensive once you think about it—and, well, better to put his armor and food and dungeon supplies to good use than let the goblins get them or give 'em to the ground, right? Right?"

Thanks, Rusty.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#455 Post by Zhym »

Keebler keeps an eye on the door and an arrow ready. "You do remember that we have a hostile enemy to deal with, yes?" he calls back to those in the passage. "I would suggest devoting your attention to Borsh until the situation is resolved. The dead are in no hurry."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#457 Post by ybn1197 »

Watts finds a decent place that provides cover and knocks an arrow.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#458 Post by onlyme »

Junius grabs enough arrows to get him to 20. (I believe that would be 10) He will also check the other bows to see if they are in any better shape than the one he acquired.

he will also pocket the coinage to be split up later.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#459 Post by Zhym »

Keebler and Tippin will also refill their quivers from the goblins' supply.

Should be 8 total (6 for Keebler, 2 for Tippin).

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#460 Post by dmw71 »

Mila stands as if stunned when she sees Tom and leans in. She looks at AdaRue. "Is he... Really?" Tippin hangs his head. "I just‚ I...sorry," he stammers, eyeing the fallen halfling's armor, contemplating the complications of taking it for himself due to the significant difference in size. AdaRue is overcome with sorrow to see Tom lying, dead in the hallway. She wants to ask all sorts of questions about why they hadn't waited for the table, but she cannot get the words out. "We need to bury him outside, at least. And send a message to his kin. They deserve to know."
E08R00 - Passage.jpg
E08R00 - Passage.jpg (78.52 KiB) Viewed 546 times
Back inside the chamber, Omdog assumes the group is ready for some looting, and with tables nearby for cover. After he, Watts, and Keebler seek cover, he calls out loudly in the goblin tongue: "Delkaan man shuulkaan duun huugaan ogaach, dhuur daan magaan shuulkaan duun shal'daakaan or rhuurekaan! Shuulkaan ac tuul dar o shac draaklaac or draac or koc ac kaarar or han ac tuulkaan okhaar shagaan. Daan magaan shuulkaan duun dalaan or tor."

An instant later, a bang is heard, followed by a sliding sound, and the wooden door leading to the boss' room bursts open! A goblin -- you assume to be Skunk -- hustles out of the area beyond, running straight into the chamber the group now occupies. A larger, chain mail clad hobgoblin, a bit taller than Grosh, wields a large sword (for it) in one arm and a shield in the other. The creature, whom you assume to be Borsh, emerges in active pursuit of the fleeing goblin... then stops in its tracks when it realizes the chamber is filled with unknown individuals. "Duun? Dar?" it calls out in goblin, which Omdog and Junius understand to be: "Who? What?"
E08R00 - Boss.jpg
E08R00 - Boss.jpg (383.96 KiB) Viewed 546 times

Keeping in 10-second long encounter time so some declared actions were obviously interrupted and unable to be completed.

Actions?

---

Time: 16:20 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Conditions:
  • Cool
    Damp
  • None
Character Status
The Lost or Fallen
Marching Orders
  • Scout:
    • Keebler
    5-foot:
    • Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Omdog
      Watts