Price of Freedom: OOC

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Price of Freedom: OOC

#41 Post by max_vale »

I'm cool with Yo having a CB in his truck......might be how you guys have been getting the 'Radio Free America' broadcasts anyway.....obviously you guys (well, the group minus Yo seeing as how he hadn't been met yet) heard some on Billy's Dad's ham radio; but I'm cool with that being a method of delivery.

As for calling ahead; this certainly would have been done....but thus far, no one has gotten an answer from Billy's sister Beth. (It's only been a few attempts over the past couple-three days)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by max_vale »

Just wanted to throw a few things out there to everybody…

Ottarus: I have no problem with Yo having a pair of binoculars, I'll add this to his character post

Everybody: My vision of Milner isn't what it actually looks like….basically, it's a small, square-shaped town of maybe half a dozen blocks…..the whole town (incuding outlying homes/farms/trailers) is maybe 5-600 people; so we're talking SMMMMAAAAALLLLLL here.

I don't want to get bogged down into too much detail that won't serve much of a point…but then again, I want to leave things open for whatever you guys want to attempt, so let me know if you have questions!

ottarrus
Scout
Scout

#43 Post by ottarrus »

max_vale wrote:Just wanted to throw a few things out there to everybody…

Ottarus: I have no problem with Yo having a pair of binoculars, I'll add this to his character post

Everybody: My vision of Milner isn't what it actually looks like….basically, it's a small, square-shaped town of maybe half a dozen blocks…..the whole town (incuding outlying homes/farms/trailers) is maybe 5-600 people; so we're talking SMMMMAAAAALLLLLL here.

I don't want to get bogged down into too much detail that won't serve much of a point…but then again, I want to leave things open for whatever you guys want to attempt, so let me know if you have questions!
Quick 'Walk in the Woods' backtrack question, Max. Did we by any chance pick up any grenades from the 3 Sovs at the waterfall? How about maps from their GAZ jeep? I know none of us can read Russian, but we can read red grease pencil vs. blue grease pencil :)

Also, are my 'travelogue' or regional descriptions helping or getting in the way? Needs be, I'll lay off them if that's what you'd prefer. I don't want to bog the game down in useless detail or hinder your ability to tell the story.

--Carl
-- Carl Hicks Jr.
Price of Freedom:
Yojiro 'Yo' Akiyama
DEX: 2d+2 [Guns 4d, Dodge 3d]; KNOW: 2d+2 [Survival 4d]
MECH: 3d+2 [Drive 4d, Navig 5d, Commo 5d]; PER: 3d+2 [Search 5d, Hide/Sneak 4d]
STR: 2d+2 [Brawl 3d, Stamina 3d] TECH: 2d+2 [Electronics 4d, Computer Opn 3d]

CATN:
Ivan Erwin, Uplifted Ape UPP C7A895
Belter /Free Trader
Skills: Brawling 2, JoT 2, Navigation 2, Pilot 2, Vacc Suit 2, Computer 1, Engineer 1, Gun [Rifleman] 1, ZG Environment 1

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by max_vale »

Hey amigo;

No, I don't mind the travelogue bits at all....in fact, I encourage them! While I lived in Northern CA for a year (Dad was stationed at Alameda); I know virtually NOTHING about the Pacific Northwest and even less about Idaho, so keep it coming!

As for grenades....sure; I'll say the party has 2 Grenades

As for maps with Russian unit locations; no.....but a general road map...sure

Hope that helps!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#45 Post by Scott308 »

Quick question- the table with the bread and cereal- are there any utensils, be they of metal or plastic?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by max_vale »

Yes; there are plastic knives, forks & spoons…..bowls are standard ceramic.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by max_vale »

I hope everybody had/is having a wonderful holiday! New post coming tomorrow!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by max_vale »

Sorry for the delay; new post coming tomorrow!

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Dram »

With all the equipment we got I say we load it all in the broncos and the head to the river. Stash the broncos and access gear. Canoe to the dam. OCC - Are we upstream or downstream of the dam?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by max_vale »

Sorry for the delay everyone, just getting back from vacation…new post coming tomorrow!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by max_vale »

My apologies for my lack of posting lately, I have had an Uncle pass away and done Jury duty (4 days worth) in the past two weeks and this has REALLY eaten into my on-line time so I am very sorry for the lack of posting! I am back though and will put up a post tonight/tomorrow....sorry for the delay!

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Dram »

Sorry for your loss. R.L. comes first I have been very busy myself lately.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by max_vale »

Hey fellas; in regards to recent posts.....just wanted to point out that only Raffy and Saul actually HAVE Knives to attempt the whole silent-elimination move....Jenny and Billy can use the butts of their weapons to attempt to club the other two Soviets....so, unless I hear otherwise in the next few hours or so, I'll assume that this is what everyone is doing.....attempting to sneak up on the 4 ZSU-23-4 crewmen and stab/club them.

Please remember to take a gander at the Character Sheet thread for equipment....also, there's been numerous chances to have acquired other Soviet equipment and/or weapons/items from the Cache....so if somebody wants something, PLEASE let me know. Right now I'm operating on the understanding that only the weapons everyone has on their character sheet and the explosives from the Cache are currently with the PCs.

(For quick reference: Billy has his .30-06 hunting rilfe and .45 pistol; Saul has an Uzi Submachinegune, .357 Revolver pistol, M-16 assault Rifle, Survival Knife and 1 grenade; Raffy has a Mac-10 Submachinegun. little .32 revolver, Switchblade knife and an M-16 Assault Rifle; Jenny has an AKSU carbine (cut-down Assault Rifle) and little .32 automatic pistol.)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I think clubbing the guy works for jenny.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by Nuke66 »

looks like another fight before we can blow the dam. Shoulda done it last night. But Raffy was busy ;)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by max_vale »

HA! (at Nuke) :)

It was probably midnight after the fight and talking to Sheena, etc.....pretty sure unless you went looking for it, you wouldn't have seen the backhoe tractor either. I WILL put up a map tonight to better show the situation, but right now the BMP is right outside of the tower and the Dam is basically in front of the Tower and BMP....the incoming convoy is a little to the left (i.e. if the Tower and BMP are at the center of a clock; the Dam is at 12 o'clock and the convoy is coming at 10 o'clock....they do NOT have to cross any bridges to get to you guys).

Hope that helps!

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Dram »

I will be leaving for my annual birding trip on Friday till the 28th my schedule is quite busy this week before I leave. I will try to post as much as I can before I leave. NPC my character as needed.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Dram »

I am back from my hunting trip. Are there any Russians left?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by max_vale »

Yes....per my last post there's maybe 7-10 still out in the field close to Billy, Rafy and Saul.....looks like the group in front of the tower where the girls are are all down....

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Dram »

Max-Vale is this game still going?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “Price of Freedom”