OOC Chat IV

Keehnelf
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chat IV

#301 Post by Keehnelf »

Thanks for checking in--with the holidays and such, there is turmoil aplenty! I'll be happy to NPC your guy and keep a spot for you for when you've got things back in check!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by Keehnelf »

Bleargh! Sorry for the hiatus--it's been unimaginably busy around here. Sigh.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Just saw this after posting a"bump" in the Bromric thread. (And then quickly deleted the post)

Hope things settle down for you.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by Starbeard »

Hi all! My sincerest apologies (especially to my expedition mates) for dropping off after the Christmas break. Everything's fine, it was just an unforeseen whirlwind of getting sick twice, two new jobs, scrambling to renew our visas unexpectedly, and a few other things I can't even remember now. Still, no excuse for not at least checking in to say hello.

I'll do my best to catch up and be ready for when things pick up again in Vaul.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#305 Post by Keehnelf »

Welcome back! Glad to have you :)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by Keehnelf »

Sorry things are slow again this week. The wife decided we need to buy a house so most of my free time has been spent on collecting financial records, including a bunch of time at work. Sigh.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by Zhym »

You're going to be house shopping?

Maybe we should just cue this game up for hiatus now. ;)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

That's exciting news! And stressful...

I like my house. I never knew I wanted to grow fruit trees and berry bushes until I bought a house. So much fun to have those projects and know that they are yours for the long haul!

Good luck.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by Keehnelf »

The wife will be doing most of the house-shopping and prepping our house--I just needed to do a bunch of extra work to get financials in order. We did qualify for the range of house we're looking for, though! Which is nice. Met with our mortgage guy last night.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by Keehnelf »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:That's exciting news! And stressful...

I like my house. I never knew I wanted to grow fruit trees and berry bushes until I bought a house. So much fun to have those projects and know that they are yours for the long haul!

Good luck.
We have five fruit trees in our backyard! Granny smith, crabapple, two ume (japanese plum) and one cherry. We planted four of those, and we'll probably take the ume with us when we move because they're still probably young enough to re-transplant.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Zhym »

Zhym wrote:You're going to be house shopping?

Maybe we should just cue this game up for hiatus now. ;)
Like I said...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#312 Post by Marullus »

You had to go put the idea in his head, didn't you? ;)

I'll help him out...
Bromric Wardigger returns to town with his companions, Gilgamesh, Perthrin, and Kennit Buckthorn, their mounts laden down with sacks bursting to the brim with gold and gems from the dragon's hoard. Bromric proudly displays a sack of giant dragon teeth, claiming to have pulled them from the mouth of the beast himself as he dumps them out on the tavern's stone table. "Nay, never more precious a treasure there was for thee than this, for none lesser than we could have acquired it!" he laughs to the tavern-goers, indicating the teeth.
Done. :D

Edit to add:
My apologies, that wasn't just me being a jerk... I was trying to make a joke which was an obscure Tolkien reference... which I realize in retrospect might not have been common knowledge and thus not funny.
http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Scatha
Little is known of Scatha's life, except that he possessed a great hoard, stolen from the Dwarves. He was slain by Fram son of Frumgar in the early days of the Éothéod.

His recovered hoard was the subject of great dispute between the Men of the Éothéod and the Dwarves of that region, who claimed the hoard as their own. Fram rebuked their claim, and sent them the teeth of the dragon, with the words, "Jewels such as these you will not match in your treasuries, for they are hard to come by." It was rumored that for this insult the Dwarves killed him. [2]

2.↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#313 Post by Zhym »

Well, hell. It's now been two months since Keehnelf posted an update in this game and eight weeks since he's logged in.

Looks like it's hiatus time again. :(

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by Starbeard »

Yeah, too bad. :(
Marullus wrote:Edit to add:
My apologies, that wasn't just me being a jerk... I was trying to make a joke which was an obscure Tolkien reference... which I realize in retrospect might not have been common knowledge and thus not funny.
http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Scatha
Little is known of Scatha's life, except that he possessed a great hoard, stolen from the Dwarves. He was slain by Fram son of Frumgar in the early days of the Éothéod.

His recovered hoard was the subject of great dispute between the Men of the Éothéod and the Dwarves of that region, who claimed the hoard as their own. Fram rebuked their claim, and sent them the teeth of the dragon, with the words, "Jewels such as these you will not match in your treasuries, for they are hard to come by." It was rumored that for this insult the Dwarves killed him. [2]

2.↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl"
I had forgotten about that snippet! That must mean it's time for me to reread LotR, if I didn't catch that reference right away.

Return to “Labyrinth Lord West Marches Sandbox”