I. Tree Cave

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: I. Tree Cave

#21 Post by Zhym »

Tippin fires another arrow at the beetle.

Short bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14, [1d6] = 2

Edit: Beetle's already dead. Hurrah!
Last edited by Zhym on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#22 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:Is there room for Junius to drag (assuming that is needed) Tom backward while letting 2 more replace them in the front in time to attack?
The two of you are small, and there is some space between you two and Keebler behind you, but:
  • Tom is still upright and can move on his own, and
  • It's up to Zhym whether Keebler and/or Tippin will be willing to switch places and engage in melee.

Please discuss in the ooc thread.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC I

#23 Post by Alethan »

Tom Cobley

Tom leans against the wall of the tunnel for a moment, hand clamped around his arm trying to staunch the bleeding.

Using his knife, he slices a strip off the bottom of his cloak and uses it to bind his wound.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Zhym »

"Wow," says Tippin. "Good thing there was only one of those things, huh? Do you think that was what made the tracks?"

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Round 2

#25 Post by dmw71 »

Tom leans against the wall of the tunnel for a moment, hand clamped around his arm trying to staunch the bleeding. The halfling uses his knife to slice a strip off the bottom of his cloak and uses it to bind his wound.

Just behind him, the halfling hears Tippin, his halfling counterpart, wonder: "Do you think that was what made the tracks?"

A quick inspection of the ends of its legs reveal a sharper, more pointed "foot" which, you suspect, do not match up with the prints discovered outside.

Actions?

---

Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:30 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 48F (53F topside)
Conditions:
  • Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Spells in Effect:
  • None
Character Status
  • Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (20)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow, Dagger
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20)
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1
Rolls
  • None
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by onlyme »

Junius likewise attempts to bind his own wounds, wondering how that beetle got such a clean hit on him. Apparently fighting his friends with wooden swords isnt quite the same as a real foe.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Bluehorse »

Mila

:shock: looks on from the back of the group. She seems shaken by what she has seen so far. She busies herself lighting her lanturn to offer more light as wounds are checked and bound.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#28 Post by Alethan »

Tom Cobley

Once he's recovered his composure, Tom examines the beetle.

"I heard," he rasps through heavy breaths, "that these glands can be useful after the fire beetle dies."

If it appears he can remove them, Tom will take a few minutes using his knife to cut the glowing glands out.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Seeing the wounds, AdaRue rushes to the aid of the injured. Oh dear! This is all too much. Let me help, I have some experience with dressing wounds. As she works on Tom, who seems a bit worse off, despite the lesser wound, she whispers a prayer to her goddess.

When the wounds are bound, This seemed a good idea at first, but now... It's so dangerous down here! But if that bug didn't make those tracks, there could be a small child down here, injured. Did you see those tracks outside? We need to be sure it isn't.

CLW [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3
+3 HP for Tom. I'll let Canun tend to Junius if he wants.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Bluehorse »

Mila

Almost as an afterthought, she tries to position herself where her lantern shines as much light on the wounded as possible for the healers to more easily see what they are doing.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Round 2

#31 Post by dmw71 »

While Mila shines her lantern on those that are wounded, AdaRue rushes to their sides. "Let me help," she says, turning her attention to Tom whose crushed weapon arm, she judges, left him in a worse overall condition. She begins to assist the halfing in nursing his wounds, then whispers a prayer to her goddess. Having been a faithful servant, her prayers are answered, and the surge of healing Tom feels leaves the halfling almost fully restored. Mila slightly adjusts the focus of her light to Junius as the dwarf applies a new set of bandages to his right thigh after his first wrapping becomes blood soaked.

Now almost fully recovered, Tom examines the beetle. "I heard these glands can be useful after the fire beetle dies," he says retrieving his knife from its sheath. Studying the creature for a few minutes, he elects to start with the single gland in the beetle's abdomen, and begins to cut the gland free. Just as Tom predicted, the gland continues to glow after being removed, casting a dull orange light approximately 10-feet in all directions. A couple minutes later and the two glands near the head are safely removed as well.

The glow from either Tom's torch or Mila's lantern is enough to illuminate the rest of the current passageway, which turns due left after another 20-feet or so.
E01-End.jpg
E01-End.jpg (86.2 KiB) Viewed 996 times

I will need to know who's going to be carrying (or stowing) the glands.

Actions?

---

Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:35 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 48F (53F topside)
Conditions:
  • Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Spells in Effect:
  • None
Character Status
  • Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (20)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow, Dagger
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20)
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1
Rolls
  • None
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#32 Post by Alethan »

Tom doesn't have any claim to the sacks - group treasure if they can sell them - so it would be good if he didn't have all three of them, though he'd be happy to hold one of them in his pack.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by ybn1197 »

Watts can put one in one of his sacks.

Watts moves to the front of the group to continue stealthily (HiS/MS) down the corridor ahead of the group by 30 feet.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by Alethan »

Tom Cobley

Feeling mostly recovered, Tom retrieves his torch and continues along, keeping back from Watts a bit.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Zhym »

Keebler follows along. "Ordinarily, when our front-line fighters are injured, I would suggest returning to town and resting despite the brief duration of our excursion. But that is hardly an option for us, so I suppose we must press on."

"The front of the party is not my favored position, but with Junius heavily injured I suppose there is no other choice. Stay here. I will look around the corner. Cover your lights, please, so they do not interfere with my vision. If the path around the corner appears clear, I will wave to Junius for you to follow me. We may wish to follow this protocol as we progress."

Once the lights are doused or covered, Keebler moves forward as quietly as possible and peers around the corner.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Zhym »

Tippin shrugs and waits.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by AleBelly »

Canun makes his way down to the others. He surveys the scene, piecing it together with his eyes and from the dialog taking place. He clucks his tongue.

"Tsk. Tsk. You, Junius, performing the role of a front line fighter wearing leather? Hubbard will not allow me to countermand the consequences of such foolish behavior so soon after it occurs. But I will pray for his healing tomorrow. Here, stand in front of me while I bravely guard our rear."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Zhym »

"Hey, you've got some pretty good armor on," Tippin tells the cleric. "You should be in front!"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

AdaRue takes one of the glands carefully and stows it in her backpack.Interesting. It is more pliable than I'd have thought. Like afterbirth is. Weird! She decides it best to stay out of the disagreement between Canun and the others for now. She doesn't think it wise to put someone so timid in front, but it is hard not to think that he would be easy to hide behind... She giggles quietly at her thought.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by drpete »

Rainey

Rainey watches the discussion about order quietly, without comment. As the scouts go to check out the area up ahead, he observes "We're out of the rain, but the footprints up above say this is somebody's home, so tread carefully!"

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”