Funeral for a Friend: Gralyn RD 1835, 247-1125

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Funeral for a Friend: Gralyn RD 1835, 247-1125

#181 Post by Keven »

Ramona wrote:Ramona looks at Gogo, the smaller woman looks so much older than she should all of a sudden, "I bought three outfits on the company credit, I probably shouldn't have."

"You were always fair with me Gogo, better than most. Understood, didn't judge, asked the right questions and were never cruel. I like that about you."

She puts her bags down on the table, "There's nothing left behind me anymore, nothing but ash, you point me in a direction and I'll go do what needs to be done. It's what I do and I'm glad you're okay G."
Go-Go pats her hand. "You're about the only family I have left, Ramona. I'll do what I can for you."
joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:The young man thinks for a second, then types at his console. "About half a dozen salles inside the Fence, couple more in Corbingrad as well." He looks up at you. "They won't let you work with live steel outside the Fence, of course, just wood or plastic." He taps a button. "Here's a list of the rated salles for you." He prints off a page and hands it to you.
"Thanks." Jiao goes to her quarters and contacts each of the salles, beginning with the ones closest to her building. She sticks with the ones inside the Fence, and asks if she can practice with a live greatsword.
The first 4 tell you they'll only let you train up to it. The fifth, though, tells you that if you can show them you can handle it, they have no problem letting you work out and take courses.
Eris wrote:Jimi picks up his Certifications and gets to the funeral on time. He wants to be there for GoGo. After the funeral and wake, if there is on, he'll turn his attention to his new ship.
You also pick up your green badge, for resident aliens.

Anybody else got anything before we continue on? We've been waiting a couple weeks now...
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Anybody else got anything before we continue on? We've been waiting a couple weeks now...
Nope. Jaio works out at the salle that will let her. Otherwise, she's ready to get to the ship.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#183 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Anybody else got anything before we continue on? We've been waiting a couple weeks now...
Nope. Jaio works out at the salle that will let her. Otherwise, she's ready to get to the ship.
Same, ready to go.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#184 Post by Ramona »

Nothing Ramona needs to do.

Ramona smiles, "And I'll keep your ship safe," she shrugs, "while it's on the ground because I can't promise anything while it's off the ground. Totally out of my hands."

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#185 Post by Keven »

Ramona wrote:Nothing Ramona needs to do.

Ramona smiles, "And I'll keep your ship safe," she shrugs, "while it's on the ground because I can't promise anything while it's off the ground. Totally out of my hands."
Go-Go smiles, and leads you out to the air limo. She's all dressed in white, which Ramona and Jimi know is the traditional color of mourning in the Cao Dai Buddhist faith. There were a lot of Cao Dais in Carrill.

You take a 15 minute flight to the cemetary, walking the last couple dozen meters to the memorial wall. An orange-robed priest is sitting in lotus in front of an altar. Go-Go bows slightly to the altar and the priest. An urn is on the altar, and a stereo of Grey is hung on an easel off to the side.

Actions?
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#186 Post by Eris »

Jimi isn't much of anything when it comes to religion, but he respects Go Go's beliefs. He copies her bows and follows her lead.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#187 Post by Aadam Zal »

Aadam lands into a chair, pausing from the workflow. This sort of stuff is lost on him, but he watches intently.
"Almighty God! Enough! Enough!"
-Captain Nemo

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by joertexas »

Jiao doesn't attend the ceremony; as an outsider, she feels it would be an imposition.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#189 Post by Ramona »

Ramona smooths her long white dress carefully after exiting the vehicle and follows Gogo to the memorial wall. She bows respectfully to the priest before moving off to the side.

Ramona has never quite understood the whole funeral rites and memorial system, the dead are dead, what do they care if we remember them? She supposed the ceremony was more about the living than the dead, perhaps she should create some kind of memorial for her family although doubtlessly there already were memorials for those who had not survived the destruction of the Carrellian system. It was all very confusing.

Ramona pushed the thoughts frpm her mind and returned her attention to the ceremony.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by joertexas »

Jiao makes her way to the ship while the others attend the ceremony.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#191 Post by Aadam Zal »

Aadam leans into the ladies observing the ceremony after a bit and whispers..

"Misses.. Man, Im sorry about your friend but (checks comp..) we're gonna miss our launch window on this op if we wait too long... We gotta prep the Razor and saddle up... Please, misses, cmon now..."
"Almighty God! Enough! Enough!"
-Captain Nemo

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#192 Post by Ramona »

It does seem to be taking an inordinately long time doesn't it?

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#193 Post by Keven »

OOC Sorry for the delays, kids. I've been screaming at the navigator to get his ass in gear and post already so we can move on. I'm also prepping up a couple new players. Soon, peeps, soon...
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:OOC Sorry for the delays, kids. I've been screaming at the navigator to get his ass in gear and post already so we can move on. I'm also prepping up a couple new players. Soon, peeps, soon...
Yaay!
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#195 Post by Keven »

OK, seems we have a dropout. Despite plenty of reassurances he would, Ivan's player has yet to post. Thus...

The funeral service itself is rather short, maybe half an hour. It's conducted in Galanglic rather than Erde or Novaruss. Helpful, to those of you offworlders who speak neither. :D

The eulogy is given by a man Jimmy knows as Chande, a buddy of his he haddn't seen in a year, on Grendal. The eulogy is followed by chanting by a group of Cao Dai monks. Ramona recognises the language they use as Nipono. And then Go-Go rises, walks to the urn, and places it in the niche prepared for it, behind the holo of Grey. She kisses her fingertips, touches them to the urn, and whispers something you can't catch.

You all are in the first row of participants. Ramona, you know that you're supposed to go to the niche, reach in, touch the urn, say good-bye, and light an incense stick from the pile provided with the flame in the candle.

Actions?
In The Marches:

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#196 Post by Eris »

Jimi catches Chande eye when he gets a chance and nods to him.

He'll follow follow Romona in turn. He'll touch the urn say "Good voyages, friend", light a stick and move along.

Once he gets a chance he'll greet Chande, "Good to see you again, wish the circumstances were better. What have you been up to since I saw you last, back on Grendel?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#197 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:Jimi catches Chande eye when he gets a chance and nods to him.

He'll follow follow Romona in turn. He'll touch the urn say "Good voyages, friend", light a stick and move along.

Once he gets a chance he'll greet Chande, "Good to see you again, wish the circumstances were better. What have you been up to since I saw you last, back on Grendel?"
Chande grins. "I'm still with OP, of course. Getting ready to do a run to Lanixohn in a few days. Skippering a Dakaar class freighter for Go-Go, the 'Kilimanjaro', dropping supplies and bringing back some refugees." He fingers his green ident pass. "I'm signing on with Gralyn. They seem to have their heads on straight."
In The Marches:

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#198 Post by Ramona »

Keven wrote:OK, seems we have a dropout. Despite plenty of reassurances he would, Ivan's player has yet to post. Thus...

The funeral service itself is rather short, maybe half an hour. It's conducted in Galanglic rather than Erde or Novaruss. Helpful, to those of you offworlders who speak neither. :D

The eulogy is given by a man Jimmy knows as Chande, a buddy of his he haddn't seen in a year, on Grendal. The eulogy is followed by chanting by a group of Cao Dai monks. Ramona recognises the language they use as Nipono. And then Go-Go rises, walks to the urn, and places it in the niche prepared for it, behind the holo of Grey. She kisses her fingertips, touches them to the urn, and whispers something you can't catch.

You all are in the first row of participants. Ramona, you know that you're supposed to go to the niche, reach in, touch the urn, say good-bye, and light an incense stick from the pile provided with the flame in the candle.

Actions?
Ramona does as she's supposed to, it feels odd speaking to an urn but it is what she's supposed to do. Even if she doesn't understand the significance.

"Fair winds," she says in Edre her fingers touch the urn. It's cold, brassy in colour, like an oversized shell casing.

Ramona takes an incense stick and lights if before moving away from the grave.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#199 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:Once he gets a chance he'll greet Chande, "Good to see you again, wish the circumstances were better. What have you been up to since I saw you last, back on Grendel?"
Chande grins. "I'm still with OP, of course. Getting ready to do a run to Lanixohn in a few days. Skippering a Dakaar class freighter for Go-Go, the 'Kilimanjaro', dropping supplies and bringing back some refugees." He fingers his green ident pass. "I'm signing on with Gralyn. They seem to have their heads on straight."
Jimi chuckles, "Well what about that. I'm the new skipper of a Dakar class freighter called Occam's Razor. You can guess the rest."

Kilimanjaro, huh? Any idea what the 3rd freighter is called and who'd skippering her?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by joertexas »

Jiao makes her way to the new ship.

Ping?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “Candles Against the Night (Traveller)”