Expedition - Blackjack/Troll Lair - 20 May 2021

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Expedition - Blackjack/Troll Lair - 20 May 2021

#141 Post by Alethan »

Earc Orctongue

Earc shakes his head in the negative, "I have no such spell available to me, though I agree it would be useful," he adds, thinking about his wand marked, "Hound of Power"...

"It is something I'll endeavor to learn at first opportunity."

OOC: There was a limited number of potions of water breathing available (2). We've now purchased both of them.

Also, it will take two days for Earc to copy the spells. But after that, he has a bit more offensive power and defensive power.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Marullus »

I'll update the game rules with some clarifications here, too. It is hard for wizards but easy for clerics to Detect Magic, and the churches have a function based on their relationship to magic. Baudh church will detect magic for a fee. Gwanwen followers will detect magic with agreement that they can take and destroy any wizardly (rather than heroic) items. Heroic items that are invested naturally are revered by followers of Baudh, and they'll accept them as tributes (i.e. conversion to XP, and they're put in display cases). They are ambivalent to wizard-created items. Gwanwen tolerates heroic items and seeks to destroy wizardly items as perversions of the natural order. Eruanna only cares that they're used for good and her churches don't offer an organized service; it is up to individuals (i.e. PCs).

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Spearmint »

Did we establish a day to leave town and are we agreed to assault the troll lair and explore a round cave (Morlock). I was hoping the guard/ linguist might be able to join if they knew enough lingo, perhaps as a retainer to Earc if we venture that far.

Could you list what potions are still available in the market.

Also did we achieve any item xp for the last trip, I ask because I think I am only a few points short of an upgrade for my axe.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Marullus »

You have not specified a date to go on your next expedition. Should go to the Tavern to kick off, in case anyone else joins in.

Akkara is not ready. She will report back on 09 June with results from her first month's study.

Potions are in the Town Business thread, first post, under Merchant Camp.

XP and Item XP are all recorded in your private forum on the first post of your character sheet thread.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#145 Post by Alethan »

Earc Orctongue

Earc will be unavailable until May 27, as he will be transcribing spells for two days.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Spearmint »

Amistad makes logging yard construction plans and recruits labourers to build yard at the ford and log in the forest.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Marullus »

This expedition is now closed. Please move the planning for your next Expedition to the Tavern. :)

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”