Expedition - Foxy/Lost Children- 01 May 2021

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Foxy/Lost Children- 01 May 2021

#321 Post by Marullus »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Marullus, did Gus or George want to come with him? I wouldn't mind someone that can actually fight since Foxy is down for the count.[/ooc]
You need to make them an offer (how will you pay them?) and do a Retainer recruiting roll for each.

Edit: Do this on your private thread.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

Foxy will stay until fully healed, helping out milking the cows, darning her jacket, swapping recipes (beef jerky) with Mrs Farrow and doing general farmgirl stuff with the breeding bulls ( more beef jerky).

Oh, she would also like the skeletal mage hand too. Farms are boring except for rolling in haystacks so during lull times Foxy will set the hand on the bedside table and willfully command it to move, crawl, tap its' fingers.... (I might put the item XP into it if I can coerce its' once reanimated life to come back and serve me better than a +1 backscratcher!... :) )...she will try waving the goats head devil earrings over it in case they radiate arcane power.

When fully healed she will return to the tavern, in the meantime sending a note by farmhand courier to Mr Hyde to let him know not to sell her saddle or rent the room out. An extra gp with the note should cover the days until she can move in on May 12th. She will also send a note to Bro Mylo telling him the girls were rescued safe and that the potion helped very much. She will come to service when she makes town.

As far as division of treasure goes Foxy will take half the coins (added to inventory) and the earrings. A lady must look her best even in bumpkinville. And a draft horse and a dozen arrows.

She will leave Clay to flog any remaining weapons and stuff and split any proceeds (unless George or Gus can do a market run for us and just cash it all in?).

She would like to show the mage books to the Duke or any of his librarian/sages who might know more of their contents and sigils. Clay, come to town on the morning of the 13th and we can see the Duke together. Knowledge of the whereabouts of Goblin HQ is worth $$$ so she won't blab that. Any sages too might know more of the history of these Red Robes.

Unless a half healed Foxy needs to go rescue Clay from his expedition, she will post in the tavern thread dated 12th May.

PM me if you need Clay.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The books are stowed away safely so they don't disappear from Clay. ;)

That division of treasure is fine - but did you want to leave two of the iron daggers for the girls or are you keeping one? Clay is definitely keeping one. It is pure iron!!! Might come in handy as a druid if he lives beyond this next outing.

I leave it to Marullus to let us know if the farmers want any of the treasure. They certainly deserve a bit of it. Weapons? Gus has one bow and a some amount of arrows at present - he is with Clay. ;)

Unless a half healed Foxy needs to go rescue Clay from his expedition, she will post in the tavern thread dated 12th May.
Never can tell! :lol:

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Stirling »

No I have 3 daggers already. Just flog the weapons cheap, the girl needs the cash for a shopping trip and if you don't come back by the 12th, meet me in the tavern on the morning of the 13th.

I will watch this forum. Just post in here if you are not back by 12th so Foxy will decide to ride on. Seriously if you are not back by then I shall have to get Asala to sniff a three day scent!

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

She is a well trained donkey at that, though I don't know if tracking is in that training. Clay will send Maurice back if anything untoward happens.

And by the way, I kept thinking "flog" was a typo. But you keep using it. Does that mean sell?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by Stirling »

flog...in selling terms means to sell cheaply on the second hand market or at the quickest price from some backstreet bazaar.

By my reckoning we have only the six daggers and two of the three shortbows to sell, your companion has the other I presume? By the book price it comes to 68gp, half price special offer for quick sale comes to 34gp. If you give one of the farmhands 2gp for travelling to town and flogging it we can split 16gp each. If that is fine we could agree and skip the RP on bartering at the market for a better price? Foxy is happy to do so.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay is happy to do that, too. We also had the wolf pelts to flog.

If Marullus is okay with an NPC selling our wares, go for it.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by Marullus »

Sure - you are paying 2gp for the trip, George is glad to go while Foxy sleeps. You sell off the extra gear and get your 16gp each. Nobody wants the smelly goblin bedding/wolf pelts.

George won't touch the spell books, but offers to let Gwanwen's temple burn them. He brings back the earrings and bird cages after appraisal. The merchants offer a straight purchase or a commission deal... It is a risk to them, finding southern buyers. They offer 225gp for the cages and 250gp for the earrings, paid now. Or, they will return in three months (gods willing) and pay you up to 3 to 5 times that much, depending on the final sale price.

Annabelle has a prized riding horse, a red roan mare about eight years old named Bluebell, whom she loves dearly. She is willing to offer it to Foxy in exchange, assuming they are giving the three draft horses to the farm. She no longer wishes to run so fast and so far from home as she did before.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

So we each take:
16gp
13 Copper pieces
7 silver pieces, bearing a closed fist sigil
5 electrum pieces bearing a closed fist sigil

Clay gifts a shortbow to Gus, loaning him a quiver of arrows while Foxy sleeps
3 draft horses go to the men that helped us - one to each.

Clay takes one iron knife, two bird cages and the two rocks and a leather coat, though he will probably leave it and get hisself a real suit of armour instead.

Foxy takes the roan mare, earrings, arrows (that are left when Gus returns - or Clay will blush and will buy Foxy a quiver of arrows).

No creature deserves to be caged, so I will probably cash out the cages and use the money to enhance Clay's reputation.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Marullus »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:3 draft horses go to the men that helped us - one to each.
Well, Mr. Farrow takes all three for the farm, but yes.

If Foxy agrees with the division, I'll close this thread.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by Stirling »

thread closed.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”