a Vital Question

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

a Vital Question

#1 Post by Urson »

Ok- I know that this has dragged horribly, and I also know that the fault is entirely mine. What I want to know now: We will be ending this little road trip soon- should I have this game archived after? Or do you folks want to continue, given that I will continue to post sporadically? I know that when I'm in a game and the GM drags his feet, it irritates me, And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Don't worry about hurting my feelings- I'm a grown-up person and I can accept criticism.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

Re: a Vital Question

#2 Post by ylinett »

If it is not just two of us I would continue.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Zhym »

I've mostly been absent, for which I apologize. I never really got a grip on my character (his motivations, etc.), which means I was never sure what to have him do. The slow pace of updates might have exacerbated that some. A slow update pace also makes it more likely that a game will fall off our radars as it falls down the board on the list of new posts and "your posts."

That said, regularity may be more important than frequency. If a game can only be updated once a week, for example, but that update comes every week around the same time, then at least everyone knows what to expect.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I'd continue as well. It's not like I've been posting everyday, myself. =)

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Urson »

Zhym- you have a very valid point. I'm going to try and establish a posting routine for myself, attempting to keep things moving.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Pulpatoon »

I'm awfully sorry to have been missing from this game for so long.

Since you're asking for feedback:
A regular posting schedule, even if infrequent, would help me keep the game in mind.

At the beginning of the game, I was very intrigued by the idea of not being able to see the character sheet, thinking it would allow the players to focus on the narrative in a fresh way. But, I find instead that it's a barrier between me and my identification with the character. I find myself reluctant to be too bold with either Tel or the Flying Knife's abilities, because I don't actually know what they are.

Anyway, mea magna culpa for disappearing! I'm looking forward to catching up!

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Stirling »

My apologies for coming off the forum. I thought we had some good character builds and an interesting campaign scenario but I admit I got lost when too many people turned up and I never got my head around robbing the security of gold. We're we just Highwaymen, thugs, bandits, rebels...?

Anyway I followed your game and it had an interest. I would just recommend having distinct aims for each delve across the Highway.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Urson »

My intent was that this would be an introduction, so that people could get familiar with the game and my way of doing things. I'm sorry that it seems to have dragged on.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Pulpatoon »

No worries! Play-by-post is an odd beast. It can be really surprising what translates from tabletop play, and what doesn't.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Grognardsw »

I just saw this thread now :oops: I echo what the others have said.

Return to “The Possible Highway (GURPS)”