The Alchemist Lab

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Alchemist Lab

#461 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Thorgrim, I was just in there relieving my bowels I did see any sign of a wagon while I was in there.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#462 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios heads to where the wheel was retrieved and tries to look for clues to get an idea where the wagon was
Insight(42): [1d100] = 7
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#463 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm will assist with the searching.

Search (25%) [1d100] = 13
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Rukellian »

While the rest of the group searches their respective areas for signs of the wagon wreckage, Ruken will stay behind with TatTap and inquire about his skills.

"You are a very good archer, TatTap, and I have a feeling equally as good with traps. Would you then know, by chance, how to track footprints that may be a day or so old? I suspect that someone may have beat us to the silver, perhaps even before the orcs. If we can find a trail that isn't ours or the orc group's, it might be worth pursuing! What do you think?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#465 Post by tooleychris »

thesniperknight1 wrote:Eirenaios heads to where the wheel was retrieved and tries to look for clues to get an idea where the wagon was
Insight(42): [1d100] = 7
Judging by where the road, the close proximity to the Carrion Crawler cave, and where the wheel was found, Eirenaios forms an image in his head of the ponys leading the wagon down the road, getting surprised by the great ancestors of the monsters, and possibly tumbling off the road as the ponies bolted. The road may have been much more cleared hundreds of years ago. And, Eirenaios deduces, if the crawlers were never found then perhaps the wagon never was as well...

Throm & Thorgrim begin searching the area, seeming to ignore Craxzus warning of his excrement and having already looked there.
(PMs sent soon)

Ruken makes conversation with Taptap.
"Yesss. " says the small lizard humanoid. "Tap a good 'nuff trackin in da wilds. Maybe in da forest der to. If dersss ssignsss ta sssee. But am sure da sssilver isss clossse."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#466 Post by tooleychris »

(need to know if Craxzus stays with Ruken or helps search)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Dram »

Craxzus will stay with Ruken. As he does not yet fully trust Taptap. If we should not find this silver maybe we should look in the cave?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#468 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim enters the woods and it doesn't take long before he stumbles across the remains of a wagon. "Hey! Everyone! Over here! I've found the remains of a wagon and a chest. Keep an eye out though, there seems to be some blood on the chest and it's still tacky."

He will patrol the perimeter and then try to clear some space around the wagon.

GreyWolfVT

#469 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm the dwarf goes off to where Thorgrim is saying something as he rushes over "Eh? Good all I found were a recently killed an chopped up snake."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by tooleychris »

resolving some PMs

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#471 Post by tooleychris »

Taptap continues his conversation with Ruken.
"What isss it yourss do fer deez dwarf and elfsss folk? Youss dresssin like a ssseller er sssmarty, yesss?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#472 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:Taptap continues his conversation with Ruken.
"What isss it yourss do fer deez dwarf and elfsss folk? Youss dresssin like a ssseller er sssmarty, yesss?"
Taptap's inquiry was innocent enough, but even then, just for a moment, Ruken's face twists ever so slightly with unease.

"It is true that my strengths do not lie in the field. I cannot swing a weapon to save me. I do not know how to properly use a bow or sling, not without missing a lot anyways. And its been years since I've practiced the magics. I'm afraid that I'm fairly out of touch with the arts and will prove useless in that part of combat as well." The gnome's quickly crafted smile starts to fade slowly as his list continues.

"Following tracks and hunting animals are skillsets I do not have, and though I may look smart like a 'seller', haggling for prices and knowing the true worth of goods on a market does not come easily to me. What does come easily to me to though is... uhh, beekeeping." Ruken looks towards TapTap with a careful glance, a smile slowly making its way back to the gnome's face.

"Yes, though my true passion is beekeeping, I'd say that my main role in this group is that of a craftsman. I make potions and elixirs, magical liquids that can do incredible things. We are always on the move it seems, so I've had little time to actually sit down and do some honest research and... uhm, crafting I suppose." The gnome ends this with a smile.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#473 Post by tooleychris »

Taptap cocks his head at the gnome "Der value in dem can make da magic juicesss, yesss, but what mean keeping beesss? Lil ssstingerss can be...trained?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by Rukellian »

"The 'stingers' can be trained indeed! Though it is not as you would train other creatures, the skill of beekeeping is more of careful maintenance than anything else. A smart one like yourself would surely know the value in honey, right? It is a highly marketable product and is used in various ways. Taking care of those stingers is the only sure way of getting lots of the honey, or 'liquid gold' as I like to call it."

Ruken grows excited upon talking about the subject, and thoughts of Evie's farm come to mind. If Taptap shows further interest in the topic, the gnome will mention the following. "There is a farm not too far from here, a day or so traveling on foot. If you are interesting in learning more about it first hand, the owner of the farm has many 'stinger' hives to look at. If I come with you, she will surely recognize me, perhaps preventing any problems that may arise."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#475 Post by tooleychris »

Taptap shakes his head. "folk don't give Tap chanssses like youss did. My people iss thievess an trouble. Only lookin out fer our own clan. Ssstill. Sstingerss make gold you ssay? " he hacks and chirps what you think is probably a laugh. "And orcsess shat gemss." *chirp chirp*

GreyWolfVT

#476 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm returns back to Ruke and Taptap "Lets head ta town an see if we can find more clues. We can rest half way ta town if we be needin it."

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#477 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim exits the woods with a dejected look on his face. "Well, it looks like we're close but the chest was empty. Why don't we head back to town and see if we can find some more clues. Taptap, you can tag along as well if you'd like."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#478 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Moves into the rear of the group.Taptap you help us. When we find the silver you get a share of it for your clan.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#479 Post by tooleychris »

Taptap looks to Craxzus then to Ruken and back..."Er...Tap AM helpin, eh? Killed da orc an all. Even ssset a trap fer 'em..." he looks back to Craxzus.
"Townsss not good plassse for Tap. Yer folk don't be carin much fer mine. Maybe Tap goesss home now...?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#480 Post by Rukellian »

The gnome can tell that Taptap has not taken his claims about honey and bees seriously. He keeps on smiling though, nods in response to the joke, and then walks away. Ruken is not really the pushy sort and the messages he has been receiving are clear, Taptap does not feel comfortable joining the group. Understandable, the gnome thinks to himself as he casually listens to the group's report.

"Your free to do as you wish, but cause trouble for the human settlements and someone will eventually ask us intervene, or if your unlucky, some others who will not be as friendly; that's just how it works these days. Safe travels to you Taptap."

Return to “Silverymoon”