Chapter 4: Gluttons for punishment

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 4: Gluttons for punishment

#141 Post by sulldawga »

Zim says, "If by prisoner, you mean we take it back to town and turn it over to the authorities so they can kill it, sure. Fine by me."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by drpete »

Climent studies Plud's expression, then answers with a slight nod. "I would never use that on one if you. Brother Galen insulted me, a lot. I never used it on him. You dont have to worry. Oh, you mean to use on this thing? Do you really want to?? It's a love spell."
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Stirling »

Quinn Coburg

Quinn is a newbie to your adventuring group. He sees the opportunity to harvest some lasting light source but knows unless we strike quick and deadly, angry mandibles could chomp bits off us needlessly. Do these glowing beetles have sny extra ordinary attacks, spit fire, etc.

So listening to the concerns of others, Quinn will guard the rear and exit without attacking the beetles.
As far as the 'kobold' question goes, Quinn sees it as primarily Torgyrs' concern because he can communicate with it. Ransoming him back to his mates in exchange for first aid, comfrey was a good idea but if no one responded to the door knock we move on. Quinn thinks if we let him go it may lead ti trouble. Take him with us to camp and us his guidance when we return.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by thirdkingdom »

drpete wrote:Climent studies Plud's expression, then answers with a slight nod. "I would never use that on one if you. Brother Galen insulted me, a lot. I never used it on him. You dont have to worry. Oh, you mean to use on this thing? Do you really want to?? It's a love spell."
Plud the Panivorous

"If we must leave this creature here than I would rather do so with its mind broken and clouded with thoughts of friendship towards you, friend Climent, so that it would be less likely to attack us -- or even share information as to our party makeup -- with its fellows. However! I honestly have no idea what is going to happen -- I know that three of us have already expressed a desire to give it a quick, clean death; my main desire at this point is to retire from this place for the day to rest and heal, and to so quickly!"

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr listens as the others talk of a plan to charm the kobold.

"I agree with this. While I was willing to keep the creature from being harmed further, perhaps I was allowing our shared ancestry to soften my acceptance of the truth. It would still be a risk to us down the road through trickery or betrayal. I have no wish to put any of you in that position."

"Charmed, however? Now that is interesting. It could scout for us when we return, give us information about this place as we go."

"Climent, can you charm the creature? Cause it to consider us friendly?"
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by drpete »

Climent nods. "I can, if you want me to. Do you want me to do that? "

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by sulldawga »

Zim offers that charming the kobold sounds like a reasonable plan to him.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Stirling »

Quinn Coburg

Quinn, bringing up the rear of the group as we exit. Did he notice anything unusual about the way these beetles behaved or were they just dungeon scavenging?

"of course, our little friend my have already charmed you into saving his life."Quinn interrupts the kobold debate, prodding it's backside with the pointy end of a javelin to keep him moving up the stairs,"bet they can cast arcane chicanery at will and you wouldn't know it...if he looks at me with those big mesmerizing puppy dog eyes, I'll make him 'squeal like a pig' and feed him to the ape man." ;)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by drpete »

The party retreats up the stairs, bringing the kobold with them. Once out in the sunlight, the kobold is more obviously inhuman. Its face seems more like a grey, stony mask, its movements more unnatural, almost like those of a puppet. It tries to cover its unblinking eyes to avoid the glare of the sun.

You decide to charm it, and while Quinn holds it, Climent utters an incantation which includes various vaguely obscene looking hand gestures. The kobold twitches, and you briefly see an arc of violet electricity spark in his eyes. It then approaches Climent and bows its head. Climent puts a hand on it, taking ownership of the kobold.

"Now what? Send it back in?" Climent asks.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Stirling »

Quinn Coburg

Looking at the huge, reddish brown doors of the Dwimmermount entrance, Quinn asks regarding their strange metal, that it rusts not at the mountain top.

From the viewpoint, any signs of other adventurers climbing up the stairs.

"maybe your new friend Climent can open yonder Alchemists door?"

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Zorroroaster »

"Can we have it wait here until we return? We could spare some rations if it needs to eat during our absence. It's that or bring it with us."
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by thirdkingdom »

Zorroroaster wrote:"Can we have it wait here until we return? We could spare some rations if it needs to eat during our absence. It's that or bring it with us."
Plud the Panivorous

"We could also let it go and return to its tribe, which is what I think we should do."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Zorroroaster »

"Will it remained under Climent's spell? I can see that being useful, having an ally of sorts in amongst the others. He may be able to gather more information for us."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by drpete »

Climent shrugs. "It will wear off eventually, but that shouldn't be for... well, at least a few days, I guess."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by Stirling »

Quinn Coburg

"Bring it/him...does it have a name? to base camp. You can get to know him better there. Make him draw maps, tell Torgyr and Climent everything it knows. Does it speak only dwarven? I suggest the three of them bunk in one tent together and use the time rather than just feeding it like a stray and hope he is there when we come back?"

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Zorroroaster »

"That's probably the best idea. We could learn much."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by sulldawga »

Zim says Question it, learn what we can, and then send it back to its tribe. We aren't so flush with gold that we can afford to pay for its food, and its appearance will suggest to others that we're trafficking with demons.

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#158 Post by barkman »

Looking at his wounds I. The light of day, Randolpho wonders "Can we train it to carry the lantern? Or hire some specifically as a lantern bearer?"

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”