chapter 1- just arriving

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: chapter 1- just arriving

#221 Post by hedgeknight »

Graela

"Sounds like a plan. Let's stock up and find their trail. Can't have gotten too far yet."
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#222 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix bows, spins around once, and does the chicken wing flap with his arms, just for good measure.

That is the second time that we have been warned about remembering who we are. Is there a cloud of amnesia gas floating around out there or something?

Just in case, I think I will jot down a few things on paper about each of us and pin it to our lapels in case we somehow forget who we are.

Trav pulls out his writing materials and begins scribing a few things down on parchment while the others figure out which direction to head out in.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter: "Aye, that'll do. We should shove off wi'out delay. Who's ready?"

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#224 Post by Mant72 »

Tip:

"Yes, let us proceed with haste before they gain much more ground." Tip secures his things and prepares to depart. "Oh, and whomever is tending to Methuselah, please tell them to make sure he gets his apples."

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#225 Post by coil23 »

Mom leaves you with Doth as an elf comes up and whispers in her ear. The two women walk away talking quietly with Mom gesturing around at the perimeter palisade.

Doth scratches at his scar absently then nods toward the front gate. Let me get you started while there is still plenty of daylight. I can go a bit with you to point you in the right direction before heading back. We had a scout follow them a ways which is how we know.

Once he leads the group back out the front gate he turns left to head east, pointing out signs of the bandits' passing to guide you. The sun looks almost directly overhead as you return to the woods, the trees closer together now, less light making it through the canopy overhead. You know, he begins, just cause the bandits are all together doesn't have to mean they all get along. I mean, there could be...divisions. You just can't always judge a book by its cover, that's all.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#226 Post by Mant72 »

Tip:

Tip turns to Doth, "What do you know of these different factions of brigands? Do you know who their leaders are? How many of the heirlooms were taken? What can you tell us of them?" Tip realizes that he is once again guilty of bombarding someone with a series of questions without allowing time for response. He apologizes for his overenthusiastic nature and awaits for Doth's reply.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#227 Post by coil23 »

Three plaques were taken. They're about four inches by eight inches, pretty plain really. And I don't know anything, I was just talkin'.

Doth seems more distracted, nervous. He stops and gestures ahead. You just keep heading east toward the hills. Hennoth, take care of 'em now. I have to head back to help. The man turns and heads back in the direction of the outpost.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter watches Doth depart. "Did 'e seem a mite shaky t'ye? Soft on ther subject o' bandits, f'r a feller whose crews jus' been attacked by 'em." The tiny, brown halfling shrugs. "Or mebbe I'm jumpin' at shadows. But if'n ye want, I could tail 'im aways, and catch up with ye down the path."

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#229 Post by Mant72 »

Tip:

"That is an excellent idea, Salty, but only if you are sure you are safe with it. Don't follow him too far, hurry back, and please be careful." Tip looks around at the forest with a nervous and wary eye.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by hedgeknight »

Graela Windborn > Dwarf

"I agree with ya, Salty. These folks have been acting shady since we arrived. We'll be going slow so it won't take you long to catch up. Just be careful."
Winter is coming...

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter nods and slips into the woods to tail Doth.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#232 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix watches in horror as the halfling trods off alone.

I hope he knows what he is doing!

On the subject of the bandits....

Seems to me like some of Moms people might be working both sides of the field. That Doth fellow seemed like he was actually apologizing for what the bandits did. That seems a bit strange to me.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#233 Post by coil23 »

Go to chapter 2 - heirlooms.

Return to “North Spine campaign (Labyrinth Lord)”