2) The Secret of the Haunted House

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: 2) The Secret of the Haunted House

#201 Post by OGRE MAGE »

At the town gates, the group is not hassled much. The guards ask about the bolt and casks but are easily appeased when the council's "mission" is mentioned. They write the three items down in a log book however but then allow whoever desires to pass into Saltmarsh.

This will conclude the first half of your mission to investigate the goings on at the haunted mansion. For those of you that are willing to seek out a little training here in town, you will actually be allowed to obtain the profession (class) of your choice. (the council will direct you further as far as the training goes but I wanted to let you start modifying your sheets if you'd like to)

Splitting the treasure: If you sell the gold earring as soon as you arrive in town, (for slightly less than listed value) that gives each of you 7 gold pieces for walking around money.

Please add 750 XP's to your sheets for surviving the first portion of the adventure. Welcome to first level!

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by Urson »

Sorry I'm late!

Alec sees no problem with the plans as stated. He'll take his share of the goods and head back to the smithy, hoping to find a cot in the 'prentice room. He'll return the stuff he borrowed from the smith, and sleep with any loot he's got under his blanket and against his side.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#203 Post by wolfpack »

Jervis will throw in the 11 gp to be split up but will keep the ring on his finger.

Perhaps I should go negotaite a sale price for the bolt and casks.

Jervis will head and look for a bed for the night. he will take the items to keep them safe and negotiate a selling price in the morning.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by wolfpack »

Jervis

Burly I shall join you in a hunt for lodging. It is best we try to stay together in a group until our bounty is sold.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by hedgeknight »

wolfpack wrote:Jervis

Burly I shall join you in a hunt for lodging. It is best we try to stay together in a group until our bounty is sold.
"Sure, sounds good." Burly says, as the two head off looking for lodging.

BTW, in my private thread, Burly has found a room at The Uptown Inn; its close to the markets. He has his own room with a bath, but will welcome the company at supper and breakfast the next day. ;)
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#206 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Activities for this evening so far include:

Doubtful: Going home to his farm with anyone else who wants a place to rest. Up bright and early like most good farmers. Taking a look around Saltmarsh in the morning before heading to the meeting at the town hall.

Keilif: Going home to speak with his uncle Darn at the crab house. (29) Having visions and thinking about the Sea Mother.

Jonas: Goes to see his mothers boyfriend (33) to show him the stirge and marble. Making sweet deals.

Burly: Wants to go get a nice room, a hot bath, and some good food. (39?) He is cool with a little company.

Ben: Will go back to Tortuga's Crystal Waters (26) where he stays. He hopes to find councilman Tortuga to discuss possible pirate activity in the area. Making good progress as he skulks the night away.

Jervis: Going along with Burly, looking for a good place to rest and thinking about where to sell the stolen contraband.

Alec: Back to his cot at Mr. Smiths. (12) Getting some bad news.

Please feel free to post your actions here if it is something that you want the whole group to know about or discuss.

When we are close to getting things tied up in the private threads, I will start a new thread and we can commence to the meeting with the council.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#207 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ok, so it looks like all but one player has advanced to the morning.

If there is anything else that your character still wants to do before heading to the council meeting, now would be the time for that.

When everyone tells me that they are ready, we can start the pre-meeting meetings. :D

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by wolfpack »

In the morning Jervis will take the bold and casks and rubbing his new ring head out to find a buyer.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#209 Post by OGRE MAGE »

In the morning.....

Kelief, of course, heads right to the church. :roll: :lol:

Doubtful spends some time trying to learn the contents of his packets of preserved papers. Meeting Olinder Sprivey is a nice treat for him. He has finally found someone in town that is nearly as dour as he.

Burly heads out early to spend some of his gold. He still has the dream of following in Granny's footsteps by becoming an arcane expert. He gets a tip about a woman named Ezmerelda who lives in an old tower, down by the river. But first, he hopes to find a nice recipe book to record some of the gooey tricks he has already learned.

Ben procured some very important information before heading back to his ship to drink grog and sleep. Jonas spends some more quality time with his so called "uncle". The unfortunate dwarf gets fired and then consequently evicted.

Jervis finds plenty of merchants and shop owners setting up their wares in the early morning. He gets very positive reactions from the sellers and buyers but, even with the magic ring, he isn't able to schmooze the merchants out of the very thing that they love the most.........money! The first three prospective buyers all say pretty much the same things.

1) Why would I be interested in buying a hacked up bolt of fancy cloth and two already opened casks of liquor? Most folks usually like to buy things from me that weren't cut up or busted into.

2) Why would a strapping young lad such as yourself have items like this anyway? Seems a little odd to me. What, are you a smuggler or something? I don't deal in stolen goods, you know!

3) I will give you 28 pieces of gold for the lot! Not a copper more!

He knows the loot to be worth far more than that so, he has a choice to either take their lowball offer or continue asking more and more people about it, all over Saltmarsh, until he finds a better buyer.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by wolfpack »

He ignores the low ball offer. he will meet up with the rest of the group for the copuncil meeting and let them know what he was offered.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#211 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I think that most of you are ready to continue on to the council meeting. I know that there are still a few players finishing up things in the private threads. I also see people doing some shopping at a few of the businesses in town. This is great!

Please continue on with the personal stuff as we get things moving again in the main thread. If the multiple timelines are too confusing to deal with, please speak up. :D I will use the same "council thread" as last time so everything that was discussed there can be found in the same place.

If there is a post that you want the entire party to hear that might be unrelated to the council meeting, please continue to post them here.

Thanks!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#212 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The action continues here.

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”