The Oracle

Odin One Eye
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Oracle

#21 Post by Dram »

Dram- Seeing the old man leaving. You have a good sir. Do you now where there is a Inn we may get a bite to eat and rest. If he gets no answer he will follow the barbarian and the guy on the pony. Shall travel together? I believe we are all heading in the same direction.

I am confused are we all strangers or did we travel together here?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Odin One Eye »

Dram wrote:Dram- Seeing the old man leaving. You have a good sir. Do you now where there is a Inn we may get a bite to eat and rest. If he gets no answer he will follow the barbarian and the guy on the pony. Shall travel together? I believe we are all heading in the same direction.

I am confused are we all strangers or did we travel together here?
You all traveled together. This will enable us to get right into the action if you don't mind..

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Stirling »

Flynn

Finding a tavern open. Flynn will enter and taking an ale find a seat. Surprisingly the tavern is quiet and he takes a chair at a big table. He pulls out a large scrap book filled with pages and squares. It is a map, hand drawn of his journey up from the closest city with 'X's showing circus campgrounds. There is a big empty space in the middle, uncoloured and unmarked. He begins to trace a line on the map and mark a name, Omelette village he scrawls.

Seeing the strangers also enter the tavern he hails the drow, speaking in an accented elvish, but hoping it sets the guy more at ease."Greetings, I didn't mean to sound rude. Though I have travelled widely, I have only heard the 'horrible histories' of your kin. Come tell me of your travels, perhaps you can enlighten me on these empty spaces".

Flynn will make room at the table as more of the party come in and listen intently to their testimonies and occasionally interrupting to regale them with stories of the circus.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hagar while on the road with his travelling companions the barbarian checks to see that he has enough to buy a giant sized mead. "Well then what are we going to do about this evil the oracle speaks of?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Storm11 »

The halfling squiggles into the chair pushing his long topknot of hair per his shoulder and rearranging his robes.

"I think it wise we do our own research and recon before rushing in." he suggests.

He will enquire with the waitress/waiter as they come over with drinks and ask about the local rumours of sources of knowledge about this wicked temple. And order some pale wine.
Greys Campaign.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#26 Post by Scott308 »

Bazazath, Angelic Paladin
GreyWolfVT wrote:Hagar while on the road with his travelling companions the barbarian checks to see that he has enough to buy a giant sized mead. "Well then what are we going to do about this evil the oracle speaks of?"
The winged warrior looks quizzically at the barbarian. I should think that is obvious. Put an end to it,of course. But...you probably did not need me to tell you that. You were really asking how we are to go about accomplishing that task, correct?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Dram »

Dram sits next to the elf. I think no character sheet posted yet. I think Flynn is elf. :D In thieves cant hoping he is right about the elf. I have had quite the eventful life. I am on the run from my kin. Namely my mother. I was captured bye the elves. Which would of ended me, but a human saved from a life in prison and taught me that the ways of my kin are not the only way to live a prosperous life.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I thought we were on a road still so where is all this sitting and inn coming from?

Hagar "Actually I was asking if any of you actually believe the oracle or seer. To me he struck me as just a beggar giving relatively common advice or sayings."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Stirling »

Flynn (the human)

Flynn iled at the drow and speaks, "I'm sorry you must be speaking a dialect I don't understand. Hazel outside,"Flynn points to the old pony,"she carries me from the circus. Mangy creature is just a one trick pony. A little parade ring dancing and at a push she might leap like a salmon through a ring of fire. Me, I swung from the marquee rafters. Eldest son of the performing troupe known as the Flying Foxes. Though a triest too many with the knife throwers sexy assistant amongst other miscarriages of justice and I was asked, nah demanded to...
well the circus moved on south without me so I got moving north."

Flynn looks around at the other strangers."Seems like I've ran into another circus. Look a strongman, illusionist, a performer of miracles, a celestial hero and what role do you play? Trickster, clown or lion tamer?"

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Stirling »

If we are all known companions, Flynn will suggest a beer and a rumour mongering session before exploring outside the village.

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ooc: I think we are sorry for not acting that way to start with the oracle.

Hagar gives Flynn an odd look "And just who are you if we are a circus Flynn? The daredevil?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Dram »

Dram- Smiles at Flynn and says. Well lets just say I am a the magical trickster with the skills of a lion. As for my history. I do not wish to speak of it aloud for the sake of our safety.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hagar chuckles at the response of the dark elf "Ha! What a pragmatic reply. Always leave em wanting more, right Dram."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Stirling »

Flynn

Flynn pulls from his pouch a small glass dome, about the size of a grapefruit. He shakes it and inside the globe a myriad of tiny crystalline snowflakes swirl around like a cloud. "It is a harmless paperweight, a trinket I ...err ...borrowed. But in the hands of a skilled maestro it becomes...a prophecy of doom or a connection to lost lovef ones."Flynn caresses it and cackles mockingly like an old gypsy crone. "fortune and fame, death and glory and Nemnoth".

Flynn looks up. "never heard of that guy before. Who can we ask about him?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Dram »

Dram- Looks about the room. It is best that I operate in such a manner. We are among strangers.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hagar "Usually I refrain from talking openly to strangers. So I don't blame you Dram."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Dram »

Dram- Looks for a barmaid to order a drink. You men are not strangers. But you never know what is listening in the shadows.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#38 Post by Scott308 »

Bazazath, Angelic Paladin

The paladin cocks his head and looks at Flynn. When you have finished saying sooth, as he gestures towards the globe, do not forget to return that bauble to its owner.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hagar chuckles loudly "ha ha ha! Of course not these are not strangers but we drink yes?"

Return to “Odin's 1E Greyhawk Campaign”