OOC I

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC I

#241 Post by dmw71 »

tooleychris wrote:Think Ty might have something for her...
Hahaha
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Das
Guide
Guide

#242 Post by Das »

She looks like she is already filled with enough regrets

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by tooleychris »

Man, we need a "like" button! :P

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#244 Post by dmw71 »

tooleychris wrote:Man, we need a "like" button!
Like.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#245 Post by dmw71 »

So... what's the group going to do?
-- Project --
-- DM --

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by tooleychris »

Das wrote:"I suppose we should......" He paused...his mind going back to that tavern and a those women who left early when talking to his comrades. He just rubs his face in frustration. He just sighed. "...let's go find those tower girls I suppose."
Sheesh. This didn't even occur to me. Not only a first level character but a first level player... :evil:

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#247 Post by dmw71 »

No update tonight. Sorry.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#248 Post by dmw71 »

I just received the following PM a few moments ago:
Das wrote:I am not sure about the rolls I am pretty busy in the field and with training. But not looking to defend myself for what you are insinuating. This being a game and nothing more I am not a cheater or interested in those kind of suggestions. Your tolerance for anything perceived or true isn't something I truly care about. So I am going to stop partaking in your game and continue enjoying my games elsewhere. It was fun but yeah got enough going on not to worry about stuff like that.
The module I'm running is meant to be run for four characters, so maybe now is a good time to assess the game and make a decision.

I'm going to sleep on this, but at the moment I see we have three options:
1) Try to continue with just three players,
2) Try to add a fourth player,
3) Abandon the game.

Before ultimately deciding, I'd like to hear from each of you your feelings on the game.

And, please, be honest.

Here's my take:
I honestly don't know how I feel about the game? Of all the games I've run so far, this one feels the most "off." I'm sure not using private forums contributes to this feeling. It's also a more complicated system to run (mainly because of my lack of familiarity and experience) and is time consuming because I'm forced to be constantly looking up rules.

I'm more than willing to continue on with either option #1 or #2, but I won't be offended if the consensus #3.

What are your thoughts?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#249 Post by Alethan »

It's felt off to me, as well. I'm fine with quitting the game. Pathfinder is far from my fav ruleset.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by tooleychris »

I know you have a lot going on here, Dave. While I love being in your games I'd understand if you would rather scrap it and put all that talent in the others. Pathfinder /D&D 3.5 is NOT an easy system to jump into, which is why I myself switched to Basic Roleplaying (BRP)
Maybe you'll find an opening for me in one of the other games later...(preferably one with Alethan who I think is an excellent RPr) :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#251 Post by Alethan »

tooleychris wrote:I know you have a lot going on here, Dave. While I love being in your games I'd understand if you would rather scrap it and put all that talent in the others. Pathfinder /D&D 3.5 is NOT an easy system to jump into, which is why I myself switched to Basic Roleplaying (BRP)
Maybe you'll find an opening for me in one of the other games later...(preferably one with Alethan who I think is an excellent RPr) :)
I would recommend Dave's 2E Sandbox...

And thanks. :)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by tooleychris »

Are there any giant constructors? That's a deal breaker. ;)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#253 Post by Alethan »

tooleychris wrote:Are there any giant constructors? That's a deal breaker. ;)
No, no, just some kobolds and giant rats.

Oh, and some goblins.

And acid slime...

And a croc. Or maybe it was a giant croc...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#254 Post by dmw71 »

So far. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#255 Post by dmw71 »

I haven't heard from ybn1197 yet (but the fact that he hasn't posted in this game in basically two weeks kind of speaks volumes). While I'm still invested in learning Pathfinder, now, while my attention is so split because of the other games I'm running, is probably not the best time. For that reason...

I think I will let this game come to a merciful end.

The outcome wasn't what I was hoping for, but I do appreciate your participation.

By the way, you guys were dangerously close to finding Natalya. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#256 Post by Alethan »

I am somewhat intrigued by the rule set, but I've become much more attached to 2E as I've run through games with different rules. It's just the right level of customization without getting too bogged down in intricate details.

TC and I were just chatting the other day about player and GM qualities and how a game run by a DM who only had one other game going at the most, played by players who were in no more than two other games, might make for a more exciting and interesting game. It would be easier by all to be more punctual with posts. The posts would be more interesting (because players would have a more vested interest in the game). The game would be more fun.

All my opinion, of course, but based on five years of observation as a member of the forum.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#257 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:I am somewhat intrigued by the rule set, but I've become much more attached to 2E as I've run through games with different rules.
I'm definitely not giving up on the game, and feel like there are a lot of things it has has going for it. Off the top of my head:
  • I like how it's a d20 game and almost everything is resolved by rolling that die.
  • I also like that higher is always good (including ascending ACs).
  • I like how all classes advance at the same rate.
  • I love the plethora of monsters available to use as a GM.

I know I would be interested in playing in a Pathfinder game or two -- to get a feel for it, and the mechanics, and the rules, etc... -- and think that experience would help me as a GM. Trying to GM a game you've never played before is tough (especially one as complicated as Pathfinder is)!

I still love a lot of Paizo's products, and the detail and creativity they introduce, and will undoubtedly try Pathfinder again. Some day.
Alethan wrote:TC and I were just chatting the other day about player and GM qualities and how a game run by a DM who only had one other game going at the most, played by players who were in no more than two other games, might make for a more exciting and interesting game.
Agreed. I probably screwed up by starting the BX game when I did, because running three games, each with a different set of rules, was, at times, too much. I think I started to settle into a bit of a groove, but felt like I had to "cut corners" in all the games in order to keep them all moving.

If I didn't before, I definitely realize now that I need to limit myself to running no more than two games at once. Ideally just one. The quality of the game would undoubtedly improve if it's the only thing you had to prepare for and focus your efforts on.
-- Project --
-- DM --

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by tooleychris »

D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder have a couple of very attractive benefits over 1st & 2nd edition.
Less Saving Throws, streamlined combat mechanics, easier to understand rules, better organization in core books, and the big drawl (IMO) flexible character customization.
Wizards took what was attempted in 2nd edition Skills and Powers and perfected it.
That customization in characters is also the biggest head ache for DMs because it can be a lot to keep track of, especially with power gaming players. I have a tendency to push builds to their limits. Not necessarily power build wise but more interesting and unique concepts. Dave got his first taste of this with Petra. Some he praised, some he poo-pood. I still prefer 3.5 over 2nd edition as I think it perfected 2nd edition. Pathfinder do a great job of balancing out 3.5
BUT keep in mind I played 3rd edition for a couple years and had time to learn the ins & outs. It does take a bit to wrap your head around coming from a long history of 1st & 2nd edition. I bet noobs find it easier than veterans.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#259 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, from my first impressions, "easier" and "streamlined" aren't words I'd use to describe Pathfinder.

Return to “Dave's Pathfinder Game”