Chapter 5 - Goblin Tracks

AleBelly
enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 5 - Goblin Tracks

#421 Post by enn.in.me »

I couldn't remember who was wounded.

That information is usually on the bottom line of my status updates.
And I was too lazy to go back a few updates to find the latest....

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#422 Post by Marullus »

Hellebore had one CLW which she also is ashamed to have used frivolously on herself. Her focus was on Area of Effect spells instead. In previous engagement s, this was good strategy. This is the first time endurance was a deciding factor. Also, the fighters cutting down 3 people per round is new (and awesome) and lessens the demand for her area spells.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#423 Post by Zhym »

Nah, healing yourself isn't frivolous. A healer who goes down can't heal any more. :)

And Entangle is still crucial for crowd control.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#424 Post by Marullus »

Entangle is Lvl 1, so doesn't conflict but became useless as soon as we went underground. As did Plant Growth, which I was feeling out, too. CLW is a lvl 2 trade off with Produce Flame (fireball which sets everything in 15' on fire), Heat Metal (pick 3 best armored foes and make them stop fighting to strip naked), or Charm Person.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#425 Post by Zhym »

Druids have lots of really good level 2 spells. Obscurement is great as a "get the hell out of here" spell. Charm, as you mentioned, can be really handy. Trip isn't bad either.

Okay, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone take Feign Death, or use Create Water outside a desert campaign. Locate Plants is definitely a spell for specific situations. Still, CLW is way down the list of useful 2nd level druid spells.

Basically, if you're relying on a druid for combat healing, you're doing it wrong.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#426 Post by AleBelly »

The group parts ways. Hyde heads off to talk to Captain Castleman, Yenny to her temple, Ilfrien to make fur of her wolf, Angus sets off to see Hellebore and Arnulf heads off to see the wonderful wizard Aphoz.

Chet and Korok rest up.

Action should be happening in private fora now. Feel free to discuss next steps in here or the OOC thread. Two new players are joining, so this is a reminder that not everyone has to agree. This game can accommodate several parties.

Please do provisioning in the town errands thread.

Thanks!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#427 Post by Zhym »

AleBelly wrote:Two new players are joining, so this is a reminder that not everyone has to agree. This game can accommodate several parties.
Then again, we can use all the people we can get against the goblins! :)

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#428 Post by enn.in.me »

We may discuss this in character, but I just had vision of Yenny, protected by Silence, perhaps Sanctuary, and Resist Fire, walking some Greek Fire into a crowded room before being blown up with Produce Flame by Hellebore.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#429 Post by Zorroroaster »

Ok, now I'm all kinds of excited.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”