Chapter 06: In the thick of it

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 06: In the thick of it

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin whom never had his weapons taken away, sprints towards the passage the fell through.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by Nordbo »

Okay! I got a few questions.
1) How many guards are taking them to wherever they are going.
2) Does the door open in towards me or out towards the gobs.
3) Is there any good places to hide myself.
4) Could I make it out to the next room without being noticed.
5) What lites the rooms ,torches or oil lamps
1) Not easy to count the exact number from where Ox is standing but Ox calculates at least 20 or so. The 'guarded group' is moving in the direction of the opening where Ox is standing.
2) out towards the goblin chamber
3) Ox recalls that, when the adventurers were searching the ugly, egg-stained statue (in the room just behind where Ox is now), he noticed that there was some space between the statue and the rear wall, giving a possibility to squeeze down behind the statue (90% chance) and probably avoid discovery (XX% chance, I roll for that ;) )
4) Ox can easily retreat into the passage without being spotted by the goblins guarding the three adventurers; the group hasn't even made it across half of the large chamber yet.
5) Which rooms do you refer to ? The large goblin chamber is dimly lit by some kind of luminous yet dull foggy haze, plus Jacob's dropped torch showing up as a small light speck in one corner. The passage Ox himself is standing in is unlit.[/ooc]
Korin whom never had his weapons taken away, sprints towards the passage the fell through.
It is correct that no weapons or equipment (save Jacob's dropped torch) have been removed from the party by Wob's gang. All three still have their weapons on them (Korin in hand, Jacob "one hand on the hilt of his short sword") but as the three are completely surrounded and outnumbered by a ring of goblin guards poking spears at them from all around, as in the below picture, Korin's attempt is futile (and, with other bow-armed goblins along the walls still aiming at them, probably unwise).
06-03_surrounded.jpg
06-03_surrounded.jpg (225.48 KiB) Viewed 610 times

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#43 Post by GreyWolfVT »

sorry it did not sound like we had that many so close to us otherwise I'd just start fighting till I'm dead
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Dram »

Ox- retreats to the previous chamber where it smells like dirty dog. Hiding behind the statue. He will try to follow them to wherever they are going.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Nordbo »

As the group is now on two different paths and will experience different things, I will now split the dialogue in two channels:

1) PM to Dram

and

2) PMs to GW+MW+Pyro

So for the moment, the game continues in two separate PM threads

Return to “The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)”