Character Creation

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Character Creation

#21 Post by dmw71 »

tooleychris wrote:A couple prestige classes come to mind like Shadow Dancer, or if you go the caster route, Arcane Archer.
I definitely applaud the forward-thinking, and think it's necessary, but before anyone goes diving off into prestige classes, let's talk. I'm familiar with them in that I know they have certain prerequisites, but have not looked into any of them that closely.

Before planning your advancement into a specific prestige class, run it past me first.

I want to make sure the desired class will be a fit for the campaign. I also have far more than enough other things to be working on, so I don't want to "waste" time unnecessarily by reviewing all of them ahead of time -- these will be considered on a case-by-case basis, on request.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#22 Post by Alethan »

Sorry, I maybe wasn't clear. Want to NOT go rogue.

Don't worry, Dave, won't go for anything complex or that the basic HeroLab package won't give me.

I'll figure it out and make a decision in the next hour or so.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#23 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Don't worry, Dave, won't go for anything complex or that the basic HeroLab package won't give me.
At this point, I figure... challenge me! I was hoping to have this game run at the same pace as my normal game, but have mentally resigned myself to the fact that it will likely take me longer than normal just to process everything I need to each round. Reviewing the character sheets, and seeing all the special skills, and feats, and traits, and spells... it's a lot. What's a little more, right? ;)

Honestly, if you want to take a look at the prestige classes (there are 10 of them in the Core Rulebook; and, therefore, I would assume to be in HeroLab), feel free. They're something to strive towards, and will almost certainly take a while to reach.
Alethan wrote:I'll figure it out and make a decision in the next hour or so.
No rush, man. I won't be ready to actually kick the tires off this thing that soon.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Das
Guide
Guide

#24 Post by Das »

I know it sounds kinda hilarious but I am planning for my Dwarf Rogue to eventually become a Shadow Dancer. Which if you look it over, actually is effective. Even those abilities I have already once gained by that Prestige Class...are improved. Just got to get my dancing feet. I plan to be starting into the Prestige Class around 6th/7th level.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#25 Post by dmw71 »

Das wrote:I know it sounds kinda hilarious but I am planning for my Dwarf Rogue to eventually become a Shadow Dancer.
Interesting, and, yes, quite hilarious. A dwarf shadow dancer. Really? :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

Das
Guide
Guide

#26 Post by Das »

Dark vision 90 ft. Improved uncanny dodge, hide in plain sight.....all I gotta do is learn how to shake my hips.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#27 Post by Alethan »

If you're using HeroLab to generate your character, you'll end up with an issue with the build if you try and put a Rank in Perception in addition to spending your normal allotted skill points. There is an easy fix to that.

1. In HeroLab, go to the Personal tab (I'm in my iPad, so it might be a little different in the PC version, but should be close).
2. Click on Add Permanent Adjustments (bottom of screen on app)
3. Scroll down to the Skills/Proficiencies section (close to bottom) and select "Skill Points".
4. Add that as a permanent option, indicating an increase of 1 Skill Point.
5. Once you save that, if you've already created your character with no errors/warnings, your Skills tab should highlight red (more of a pink, really) to indicate you have one unused skill point. Go to your Skills tab and add a rank to one of the available skills. If your character had an error warning indicated because you used one too many skill points, then that error warning should go away.

NOTE: Since this is just to correct the House Rule that Perception is a "gimme" skill, this isn't free reign to add a rank to any skill you want. You have to have one rank in Perception.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Return to “Dave's Pathfinder Game”