Poll: The campaign's future...

What is this campaign's future, in your very honest opinion:

We just killed a horrible sorcerer/ess, and this game is over: finish it up as quickly as possible and wrap it with a bow, please!
No votes
I'm willing to keep going a bit longer: no satisfaction until we've found our way out of this muddy valley! But then we should find a way to wind it down.
33%
I want to keep going for a while and follow up some loose ends: who are these Horse Lords, who is this Arn Flowmane, and what was that about "gray, twisted dwarves" in the sorceress's pile of letters? There's all kinds of things to do!
17%
I'm in this for the long haul: how far away is the City of Greyhawk again? It might take months or more to get there? That could take years of gaming? Sign me up!
50%

Total votes: 6

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

Poll: The campaign's future...

#1 Post by ragnboneshopper »

So I want to be sure where you all are at concerning this campaign. I know it's been slow going, and if it continues, it's likely to stay that way to some extent. My family and I may be moving houses this spring, for instance. Say good-bye to me for a month if that happens!

But while some of the slowness has been my own slow rate of posting, partly it's "slow" in-game because the UK5 module is all about surviving in a wilderness setting. Unless I'm mistaken, we're still on Day 8 of the campaign. There's no fast-forwarding. You're not just going to wake up and be in Greyhawk. It's going to take time and you'll have to earn it. That's been the flavor of the campaign from the start and that's how I plan to keep running it. The idea is to enjoy the journey along the way.

That being said, such a thing can get long in the tooth without player buy-in. So I want to gauge how long you guys want to keep at this by a little poll. Please be honest, as you're really not going to hurt my feelings. If I don't run this campaign, I'll likely start up another one at some point. Lots of ideas here, and this helps me plan ahead. Depending on your answers, I may have further questions for you...

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Poll: The campaign's future...

#2 Post by saalaria »

I love a poll.
I'm in for the long haul, as I alluded to before, I want to get Swil into civilisation and see what shock he causes. The long pauses don't bother me as I am often here. Recently have been busy in RL so it has suited me really.

But what do you think Rag?

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Glad I could accommodate your busy RL with my own, saalaria! :lol:

I'm cool with whatever, though I don't want to do a lot of planning for the "long haul" option if it's not going to happen. The next bit about the horse lords and such, no matter what we decide to do with it, I've got pretty well planned already, as it's really still part of the UK5 module.

A couple people haven't voted yet looks like. I'll wait a couple days and then probably another poll based on the results.

Polls are great, aren't they? :mrgreen:

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by onlyme »

I'm game for whatever you are willing to DM. The pace doesn't bother me either. But... make sure it's what you want to do...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Majik »

I am still interested in the story, and I want to play.
But I must be honest and admit to not being totally into the plot right now as the gaps in play kind of take me out of the moment.

I too am going through a transition... might be looking for a new job real soon.
Good luck with the move, that is really stressful to dea with.
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by onlyme »

The one thing I would add to that is that a slower paced game does make it harder to remember details. So, if this pace were to be the standard, I would suggest scrubbing out any puzzle type plot mechanisms that require remembering previous encounters/finds.
(ie, like possibly having to remember what was in the poem, and also use the amulet found in the cave to open some new lock, etc...). That is a problem with playing modules in PBP... at the table, we might have progressed this far in one Sunday afternoon, or maybe 2. Instead, because it has been months/years, remembering every detail becomes impossible.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by ChubbyPixie »

I voted for the long haul, because I'm having fun with this group and could go on indefinitely. However, to qualify, I would be just as happy with a dramatic ending at some point where everything tied up. Basically, I'm in for as long as the DM can manage it and still be having fun.

Return to “UK5 Eye of the Serpent”