IV. The Witch Tower

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IV. The Witch Tower

#441 Post by AleBelly »

"See you up top" says Sylvan to the gnome as he scampers up the rope with little difficulty.

Sylvan climb check [1d100] = 21

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#442 Post by Storm11 »

Kassel easily clambers up the rope, huffing and puffing as he does so.

"Ladders," he wheezes once at the top, "We need a set of ladders!"

PbP Forum code: [1d100] = 5
Greys Campaign.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#443 Post by dmw71 »

With the whole group safely out of the tower, Festus hastily dons his chain mail. Set to begin the trek back to town, the dwarf looks at the rocky mound which the group had to climb in order to reach the second floor they're now standing upon.

"This should be fun, trying to get him down," he drones, indicating Sparrow. "He doesn't look good to me. One slip..."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#444 Post by Alethan »

Once everyone safely makes it to the top, Ciar suggests they lower the unconscious Sparrow first, and make the rope available to anyone who doesn't want to walk the possibly unstable ramp.

After everyone who wants to get down that way is done, he'll deftly remove the loops in his rope, coil it back up, and stow it away in his pack before descending via the ramp.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#445 Post by AleBelly »

"Let me get down first, that way I can help manage Sparrow. Wouldn't want him swinging around and bashing into the tower" suggests Sylvan. With the grappling hook anchoring the rope, he'll rappel down, wrapping the rope around his back and between his legs to increase friction and offer more control over his descent. He'll also put on his gloves to reduce rope burn.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#446 Post by Storm11 »

Being direly wounded, Kassel requests the rope as well to get from the tower rubble
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#447 Post by onlyme »

Fulp will assist however necessary to make sure the more seriously wounded are protected.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#448 Post by onlyme »

Fulp ponders and calls out,
It seems safest to send a half the party down the ramp and walk over to the base. We pull the rope back up, tie off poor Sparrow, and lower him to them. Once he is safe, the rest of us go down the ramp.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#449 Post by Alethan »

Ciar finds a place where there is a relatively straight drop down from the second floor, then says, "Alright, here's the plan." He takes his rope, knots now removed, and measures off the distance from the floor they're on to the ground below, even dropping one end of the rope down to get it right. He marks the location and adds a loop there, large enough to slip over Sparrow's head and arms and snug up so the others can lower him down.

"I'll go down first. Soon as I'm clear to the bottom, get him to the edge with the loop around his chest and under his arms. Cinch it up a bit like this," he shows the others how to pull the rope to tighten up the loop, "and lower him down. All of you on that end of the rope, shouldn't be too hard. I'll take the end of rope down at the bottom and belay, guiding him away from the wall as you lower him."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#450 Post by onlyme »

Fulp nods his approval.

Once we have lowered him, anyone who needs so can use the rope to guide them down the rubble ramp. I will untie it, and then make my way down as well. I think between my healthy center of gravity, my trusty walking stick and my nimble coordination, I should be fairly safe.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#451 Post by Alethan »

Ciar shrugs, "Or I can just climb up and get it. Not a big deal for me to go up and down the ramp, I think."

If nobody disagrees with the plan, then Ciar starts putting it into action.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#452 Post by dmw71 »

The group goes about executing their plan and, after Sparrow has been successfully lowered to the ground, the rest of the group, with the limited visibility due to it being nighttime, is able to take their time to guarantee their safe traverse down the rocky path.

Just as the last members are about to touch the ground, a lantern light approaches the group. "Excuse me," a young male voice says with a hint of nervousness. "A-a-are you the group the Baroness sent in to explore the tower?" he asks as he approaches. "I've been stationed to wait for you." he starts. Then he notices Sparrow and is caught off guard. "I-i-is he alright?" the young porter asks, and while you sense his concern for your unconscious companion is sincere, he continues to nervously rattle off his instructions. "I-i-if'n you came out at night -- like now -- I was told to lead you to the 'Wise Piper,' where Ms Orem will have some rooms set aside for you." he says. "Come, we'll talk on the way."

While leading the group back through town on the way to the 'Wise Piper' to claim their rooms, the young lad explains that the Baroness is most excited to learn any news they might have. "W-wa-wasn't expecting you so soon," he stutters, then notices that most everyone in the group appears to be battered to some extent. "Trouble down there, I take it." but stops anyone from sharing any details. "The Baroness needs to be the first to learn."

"The 'Wise Piper' is right up here," he says, and you start to recognize some of the buildings in the entrance to the town, despite having spent so little time in it. "A-and, here we are." he says, and the group is immediately greeted by Ms Orem, the familiar proprietor of the cozy inn. "Oh, dear," she exclaims, noticing at the overall condition of the group, and Sparrow in particular. After showing the group to their block of three rooms, each with two beds, she mentions that there is a bath room available, and that she can have meals prepared for them if they're hungry. "Or, you're welcome to just turn in."

"Tomorrow's a new day," she says. "The Baroness is being alerted of your return, and, no doubt, will be eager to learn of your findings over breakfast."

With that, she excuses the group.

Okay, now that everyone is safely back in town, please indicate what (if anything) you'd like your characters to do. Your rooms, baths, and meals are all complimentary.

I just want to make sure no one has any questions or requests before advancing to the next morning.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#453 Post by Storm11 »

Kassel thanks the proprietor genuinely and asks if anyone is aroids that knows any first aid to help nind his injuries.

Then he takes a long bath and enjoys a good meal.

He will ask the inn keep where te best place to get supplies is in town, the cheapest and the most reliable.
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by onlyme »

Fulp will volunteer to take Sparrow as a roommate, figuring he shouldn't snore in the state he is in.

He will drop off his gear and the comatose one, and join the others for supper and an ale. He will retire for the night as soon as he can.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#455 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan is ready for a good night's sleep, but wants to prepare for tomorrow. "I think we should rest up in town tomorrow. I can prepare some healing spells to get us back to full strength. I'd also like to spend some time tomorrow looking for a dog or wolf I could have accompany us on later travels - I know we won't be able to take it down there but it could stand guard for us."

"We need to get some pitons and a rope to protect that crossing across the slime - I'll see about getting that, along with a hammer to drive the pitons into the wall. I'm also going to get a couple extra flasks to see if I we can do anything with that burning slime."

"Is anyone proficient with throwing oil? There's some metallic human-like figure down there that I doubt our weapons would be very effective against. Perhaps we could hit it with oil and burn it?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#456 Post by Storm11 »

"Or perhaps the slime itself!" suggests the gnome innocently.
Greys Campaign.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#457 Post by Alethan »

Ciar replies wearily, "I'm done in, but... I'm not going to turn down a hot bath and a meal. If you'll set a place for me, I'll get cleaned up and be back out here in a few."

He drops his pack off in his room and makes his way to the bath to get cleaned up.

After he is clean, he'll sit down and eat his meal in silence. Once he is done, he will make his way to his room for some sleep after a quick word of thanks to Ms. Orem.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#458 Post by dmw71 »

Moving action here: V. Town of Belhaim.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”