Call to Action!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Call to Action!

#1 Post by rredmond »

Giants have been raiding in the lands of men in large bands, with giants of different sorts in these marauding groups. Death and destruction have been laid heavily upon every place these monsters have visited. This has caused great anger in high places, for life and property loss means failure of the vows of noble rulers to protect the life and goods of each and every subject – and possible lean times for the rulers as well as the ruled. Therefore, a party of the bravest and most powerful adventurers beholden to the rulers has been assembled and given the charge to punish the miscreant giants. These adventurers must deliver a sharp check, deal a lesson to the clan of hill giants nearby, or else return and put their heads upon the block for the headsman’s axe! This charge though serious, is not as harsh as it may seem, for you all have been fully equipped with all standard items needed for both wilderness and dungeon exploration; and each member of the party has likewise been given the finest horse available. Guides are available to help, and the leader of these guides has a splendid map showing exactly where the great timber fortress of the chief of the hill giants in the area is, as well as a possible safe-haven of sorts near to the steading. This chief, one Nosnra, is a grossly fat and thoroughly despicable creature, sly and vicious, loving ambush and backstabbing. Furthermore the party has been cautioned to expect a secret force, some motivational power behind this unusual banding of different races of giants. More surprises might be in store… Finally, the party has been instructed to keep any and all loot they chance upon, this to be their reward for the perils they are to face. They are to follow any clues discovered if such point towards the sinister hand suspected of guiding the rising, but to return at once if they should determine exactly the reason or force behind the unholy alliance. Some relic of great evil might be at hand!

You've protected your various kingdoms, cities and realms before, though maybe not against so strong a foe. You've worked together on missions before, though not all of you, not all the heroes of the realm together at the same time. Considering you are protectors of the State... you are also protected... you want for nothing, but have no real wealth of your own. You must leave in two days, and it will take the good part of a day to get there. The guides advise any action (whether infiltration or otherwise) be done under cover of darkness. The giants are more active during the day and have a tower where they post guards, though the steading is never completely shut down, and the nature of the hill giants allows for chaotic times during the dinner hour. The spies also have the Steading mapped... from the outside. As part of this “map” that the spies have, you get a general layout of the Steading, as best as they can tell from the outside. That's being provided to the party.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Steading of the Hill Giant Chief (1e)”