House Rules

crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

House Rules

#1 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

Ok... its probably a good idea if i post these. i'll update this list if i forgot some, or when i think of more to ease the gameplay.

Character creation.
-the sub set of language skills, the read/write skills based on your starting knowledge. i Don't use them, ever, so no need to include them.
-Task pool. The game does have a official Task pool, its for drone rigers controlling multiple drones at the same time with special gear. i simply rename that Drone Pool. My Task pool (that i made up before i bought the rigger book :P ) is the average of your Intelligence and Willpower, rounded down. The Task Pool is used like Combat Pool, but OUT of combat, and refreshes at the end of the Scene. Example, need to pick a mag-lock, you can use Task pool to boost your electronics skill. Need to search a room, add task pool to your intelligence roll. think of it as "taking a 20" from DnD rules. you need time and calm to use the pool.

Layering Armor.
i round up for layering armor instead of down. Example: armor jacket 5/3 and vest with plates 4/3 Should be 6/4 with a quickness penalty of 9 (5+4) so any person with a quickness less then 9 would suffer a +1 difficulty doing anything quickness related. Q6 would be +3
i round up. so 5/3 + 4/3 = 7/5 QP=9. makes runners a bit less, squishy
This is why i also HIGHLY recommend Form Fitting Armor (CC 51) its 4/1 c10 and has NO penalty for layering.

Concealability.
if you're walking around with gear that has a rating less than 5 in a "normal" situation, people will start calling Law Enforcement, no roll needed. that gear in a bag or duffle will stop this.
some gear listed in SR3 and Cannon Companion, (CC), will multiply concealability by 50%. thats changed to a simple C+2.

Highly recommend everyone buys QDC Holsters for their pistol type weapons for 150Y. Quick Draw Concealable Holster lets you draw your Pistol (with a concealability 4 or higher) as a simple action, not a complex, letting you draw and shoot in the same turn. also adds C+2 to concealability.
"shoot straight, conserve ammo, watch your buddy's back, and NEVER, cut a deal, with a Dragon." Shadowrunner's words of wisdom.

Return to “Shadowrun, 3rd-E, Home Grown”