Chapter 2 - The First Foray

AleBelly
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2 - The First Foray

#201 Post by AleBelly »

The old gnome regards the party and seems slightly swayed by Sev's smile. "I'll increase my offer slightly" he laughs. "But I do need to make a profit to stay in business. And of course you can keep the gems...but good luck exchanging them for much!"

He then turns to Yenny. "You most of all should know I don't pay full value for gems. I don't run a free service, but a business. My final offer is x" (see private forum).

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#202 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny "I am content. It is mostly the church that will be missing out."

CAI4
Ranger
Ranger

#203 Post by CAI4 »

Chet also accepts the offer.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#204 Post by enn.in.me »

So for the loose change, I count 1 GP, 3 SP for each of the 10, and 8 GP, 8 SP and 7 CP for each of the 6. Woot.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#205 Post by KingOfCowards »

Jaspar will also accept the offer with some grumbling. Money in your pocket is better the promise of money at a later date.

CAI4
Ranger
Ranger

#206 Post by CAI4 »

Chet asks his friends to wait as the gnome counts out the gold. He goes and sells the weapons, unless anyone wants any of them. I'm going to keep the crossbow if nobody minds.

When he returns, he has 13 gold and 5 silver.

I need to go to the monastery for training. This usually takes a week but I think I'm going to be in trouble for drinking that potion. I will meet you at Guffy's when I return. Can someone else keep Hyde and Eduard's share of the gem sale? I will be gone too long to make use of it.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#207 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny "I think the church will be needing two weeks of my time. After that, I will be more than ready to give much of my time to city and head out into the wilds. I can certainly hold the treasure at the church - they can get it from the front office."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by AleBelly »

OK, because of all the groups involved, treasure splitting is complicated. So, I worked it out to be split equally. Let's assume those still out know that Yenny left each person's share at the Chapel of Veles. If someone should not return, their share will be considered a donation to the church. Here's what you should add to your sheets (for those still out, obviously wait until you arrive):

Yana, Ilfrien, Korok and Arlandria: 6 orcish ep, 2 sp, 5 cp
Chet: 4 gp, 1 ep, 1 sp, 152 cp (he gets less than the others as he took the crossbow)
Sev, Jaspar, Hyde: 4 gp, 5 ep, 42 sp, 142 cp
Yenny, Eduard: 4 gp, 6 ep, 42 sp, 92 cp

Chet, Sev, Jaspar, Hyde, Eduard and Yenny should also add their share of the gem sale (this will be a surprise for Hyde and Eduard when they return).

Yana, Ilfrien, Korok and Arlandria, this is obviously not considering the sack of silver and copper you still have.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by AleBelly »

19 Rituals, morning

The jeweler hands over the gold, a glint in his eyes as he looks over his newly acquired stones. He looks to Yenny as they leave. "Come back anytime. Especially you, sister. Not many of our folk around here. Your company makes me less homesick." He somehow sighs and smiles at the same time.

As the party exits onto the cold crowded streets of Alleborg, Yenny and Chet announce their intention to depart for training. Chet is apprehensive about what lies ahead. "I'll meet you at Guffy's as soon as I'm done, if the monks don't kill me." You can't tell if he's joking or not.

Yenny takes the share of treasure for those still adventuring and tells the others she'll hold them at the Temple of Veles. She expects to be occupied for two weeks. Sev will accompany her.

Jaspar intends to find a place to brush up on his skills.

This thread will be locked tomorrow if dormant. Actions to be carried out in private threads. Please carry out any discussions with each other in this thread before you part ways.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”