-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

03. Die Roller

#4 Post by dmw71 »

All dice rolls will be completed using the Unseen Servant Dice Roller application. Only in the event of an outage or other problem detected with the application will a suitable alternative be named.
:?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

04. Formatting Posts

#5 Post by dmw71 »

Formatting Your Posts
Please attempt to adhere to the following formatting conventions:

1. Words spoken by your character should be enclosed in quotation marks and formatted blue (e.g. "Hey, look out!"). If your text includes thoughts your character has but doesn't actually speak, those words should be formatted blue, but italicized and without quotes (e.g. What was I thinking?)
- Note: To easily format your spoken (or thought words blue, simply select the appropriate text and press the 'dialog' button.

2. Any typed words meant to add narrative to your posts should be left unformatted (e.g. Sensing danger ahead, Conan sheathes his sword and switches to his bow).

3. Text not meant to be read literally (such as a question to the DM, or off-topic comment) should be formatted in red (e.g. Would my character be able to...?)
- Note: To easily format these questions or unrelated comments, simply select the appropriate text and press the 'ooc' button.
-- Project --

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

05. Posting Frequency

#6 Post by dmw71 »

Posting Frequency
I plan for this to be a highly active game and intend on providing update almost daily. No player will be held to a daily posting frequency, but close. Five posts a week should not be uncommon.
-- Project --

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

06. Default Actions

#7 Post by dmw71 »

Default Actions
During the initial player creation phase, I will ask that all players provide me with an accurate background for their characters. It does not have to be anything super elaborate, but in the event a player goes absent and their character needs to be NPC'd, I want to have a good idea how to best respond for them. Your character's chosen alignment will obviously be a big factor, but what are the tendencies of your character? What are their beliefs? It is not required, but feel free to include the default actions for your characters in various situations:
* If engaged (or threatened to become engaged) in melee combat, how would your character react?
* What weapon(s) would they use?
* What would cause them to withdraw from combat?
* Same for any ranged combat situations (if applicable).
* If a spell caster, what are their go-to spells?

If you, as a player, know you will be unavailable for a length of time, please use the 'Known Absences' thread to make this announcements. If a character is forced into NPC status for three consecutive days without prior arrangement, that character will receive a 50% reduction for any experience points earned during that time.
-- Project --

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

07. Default Ruleset

#8 Post by dmw71 »

A great deal of time has been invested in preparing for this game, including an introduction (or refresh) course in the various rulesets. My intention was to keep this game heavily-based in 1E rules, but I am finding the 2E rules seem to follow 1E fairly closely in most regards, but tend to be cleaner and better organized. In the event a situation is presented that hasn't already been ruled on, the order in which the rulebooks will be consulted will be as follows:

2E
1E
OSRIC

Really, I will consult the appropriate 2E rulebook first. Does the guideline presented in it make sense? This 2E information will be compared to the corresponding set of guidelines in the 1E rules (in certain situations, the OSRIC rulebook may be consulted as well). How do the various rules compare? What makes the most sense?

Ultimately the DM will use whichever rule (or combination/variation of rules) that makes the most sense and apply it going forward.
-- Project --

-- DM --

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”