Action Thread 12

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 12

#141 Post by rredmond »

Cool. Speaking with animals as you head in? Going into the main gate as travelers? Using Helm on back (by the birds) and all around? Or sneak into an outer tower?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#142 Post by Alethan »

Till's vote is to use the helm on the three back sections (one on either side of the area with the birds and the area with the birds), and then try to gain entrance to one of the lesser-used towers (the one next to the bird area) if no secret entrances are revealed.

I'd think if there IS any kind of secret entrance, it's going to be in the back, right? And not within a wall's span of the entrance.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#143 Post by ToniXX »

I'm good with this choice, but I'm a little confused about where we are in relation to this part of the wall.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Argennian »

Although Yosef is concerned with the dangers of approaching the city before they've had a chance to relocate and continue their surveillance, he says nothing. It is obvious that the others lack the patience inherent in elves and besides, it would be folly to try and argue that fact regardless. "I had hoped to watch the city a bit more and possibly have the chance to use my charm person spell on one of those coming and going, in order to know what we will be facing within before having to do so unaware. I will hope to use the spell successfully regardless. So, what is the plan then? Should we leave our men and animals here or approach with our entire group?"

OOC: just so that I'm on the same page as well, are we approaching the city from our current and not from the road? And this is going to be in the early morning?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#145 Post by Alethan »

Ron, would it be possible to get a general overview map of the area, showing where we are, where the tower with the birds is, and where the entrance to the city is? That should clear it up and let us start using cardinal directions for which side we'll be approaching.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by rredmond »

Will do, I'll start it in a new action thread. Give me a couple minutes.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”