I. Swallowtail Festival

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: I. Swallowtail Festival

#101 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow retrieves his bow.

Ha! Looks like Sylvans found another admirer.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#102 Post by Alethan »

Ciar quickly searches the goblins for anything of value or importance.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by AleBelly »

dmw71 wrote:"Aldern," he says, brushing some dust from his clothes. "Aldern Foxglove." After introducing himself, he looks around nervously for more goblins, but finds none. "I'll be staying over at the 'Rusty Dragon' across town for a few more days," he says. "You're welcome to join me for a drink -- on me -- any time." He turns to Sylvan. "You were most impressive out there."
"Well met Aldern" replies Sylvan, smiling faintly at the compliment. "Such is the balance of things. My last battle performance was dismal." He looks to the dog. "Is your dog beyond help? If so, I am sorry we did not reach you sooner."

He walks over to Festus. "Did the greenskin get you good?" he asks. "I'm afraid I can do nothing for it today, but perhaps tomorrow after I've had a chance to meditate. But I know what will make you feel better...let's go kill some more of 'em. You're two down now."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Storm11 »

Kassal releases the illusion and it ripples from view.

"Next time move away from the danger!" he says to the man before his ears pick up at the sound of a free drink. "Thanks!" he says with a wink.

He will look over at the injured company and see if he can tell how injured each of them looks.

The gnome wizard will amble over to help the halfling with the body search for anything of value. He will then recover his thrown daggers, clean them and retunr them to their scabbards.

"It might behoove is to capture one and try and ascertain what is going on here, and why!"
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by onlyme »

Fulp quickly answers back...

Friends, yes let's have a drink or two. But first we have unfinished business. One, we need to clear this town of goblins if we can. Two, we still must attend to our fallen over there and not leave him any longer for goblins or thieves to disrespect..
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by hedgeknight »

AleBelly wrote:He walks over to Festus. "Did the greenskin get you good?" he asks. "I'm afraid I can do nothing for it today, but perhaps tomorrow after I've had a chance to meditate. But I know what will make you feel better...let's go kill some more of 'em. You're two down now."
Festus gives Aldern a nod and slight smile before turning to Sylvan. "Just a scratch, thankee. Nice fight and yes, I need to catch up!"

Hearing Fulp, Festus nods grimly. "Agreed > how do we move him as we go? Is there a cart or mule nearby?"
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#107 Post by Alethan »

Ciar turns and looks back at the young magician's body laying on the cobblestones by the church.

"Why not just move it into the church if you're that worried about it? Or, yeah, we could haul a body around with us while we hunt down goblins..."

Ciar shakes his head and continues to search the bodies for anything of value.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Storm11 »

Kassal's eyes light up at the mention of the deceased being a young magician!

"Would I be able to take a peek inside his book of spells do you think? It could offer up something useful in our endeavours mayhap!"
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by onlyme »

Fulp answers before anyone has a chance to differ...
I see no reason why not. If you possess skill is magic like he, then maybe he had material you find useful.
He looks over at Ciar and finally admits.
Truth be told, I am more concerned about the bag of coins than I am anything else. There are enough corpses around for the thieves to entertain themselves. I think we do him the most service by distributing that share equally, and helping to insert much needed moneys in this town, one pint at a time. Of course, after we finish wiping up the goblin goo.

With that, he will go extract the coin bag.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Storm11 »

Kassal thanks the human. He will retrieve the book and the pack it's in.

The gnome looks around for a higher ground, a hillock or a tower or anything that will offer a good view over the largest part of the place to see if he can work out if or where the majority of the fighting is occurring.

He will help move the dead magician into the church if the others agree it is appropriate.
Greys Campaign.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#111 Post by Alethan »

Ciar grunts and nods his approval at Fulp's current actions.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by hedgeknight »

Festus' mood changes in a blink of an eye.

"So now yer lettin' a fraggin' stranger pilfer the body of our dead friend, eh?" Festus growls, his tone quite serious. He looks at Sylvan and Fulp. "That's some shit."

He walks back to Eohanuud's body, stows his axe, and lifts his dead companion and carries the body into the church (assuming the door is opened or can be opened).
"Y'all go on; I'm staying here. And take that damn thieving gnome with ya!"

OOC > For what it's worth, Kassel would not have known Eohanuud was a magic-user unless someone specifically said it, or unless he pilfered the body and found the spellbook. He deduced that from something Alethan said and not something spoken in character:
Alethan wrote:Ciar turns and looks back at the young magician's body laying on the cobblestones by the church.
Storm11 wrote:Kassal's eyes light up at the mention of the deceased being a young magician!
Except Ciar didn't mention it; his player did. See what I mean? Sorry, it's my DM-side coming out and one that believes you need to separate what you know from what your character knows.
Winter is coming...

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by AleBelly »

"book's not much use to him dead" shrugs Sylvan to no one in particular. "I guess I don't understand the ways of dwarves. Never have."

He pauses, scratching the top of his head. "For what it's worth, I don't care what you do with my body when I 'm dead. If I can enrich the soil and feed the birds, leave me where I lie."

He looks around for any activity. If he sees none, he'll enter the church to thank the priest for his potion.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Storm11 »

yeah I read that ye halfling had said it not OOC. My mistake.
Greys Campaign.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#115 Post by dmw71 »

Aldern moves to collect the form his fallen dog. "I have business to attend to." he says solemly. "I meant what I said about the drink. Please, stop by the 'Rusty Dragon' anytime for a drink. It's the least I can do." His eyes study his path south to make sure it's clear of lingering threats and, after he's convinced it's safe, he departs the group and heads south towards his room.

---

The group, having suffered only minor scratches after the encounter which brought on the passing of their companion, Eohannud, look for signs of additional goblins and, like Aldern, fail to detect any hint of threats remaining. All goblins elsewhere in town appear to have been already dealt with or driven away, but the festival, obviously, is over. Ciar and Kassal move to inspect the fallen goblins, and Ciar is spotted removing the ears of the pesky opponents and placing them into a makeshift pouch formed from the garb the goblins were wearing.

Now absent any threat, Fulp says: "We still must attend to our fallen over there and not leave him any thieves to disrespect." Ciar interrupts his search and looks back at Eohannud's body laying on the cobblestones by the church. "Why not just move it into the church?" he asks. "Truth be told, I am more concerned about the bag of coins than I am anything else." Fulp says, aware of this fact after his cursory inspection earlier. "I think we do him the most service by distributing that share equally, and helping to insert much needed moneys in this town, one pint at a time." he says, removing the coin pouch from Eohannud's belt.

A decision is made to bring Eohannud's body to the church where it can formally be tended to. Before moving the body, however, his pack is removed by Fulp and its contents quickly examined, allowing Kassal enough of a glimpse to notice the spell book amongst the possessions. "Would I be able to take a peek inside his book of spells do you think? It could offer up something useful in our endeavors mayhap!" he says excitedly. Fulp, the pack already in his hands, responds to the gnome quickly, and before anyone has a chance to differ: "I see no reason why not." he says, passing the book to the gnome. "If you possess magic like him, then maybe he had material you find useful." he says. Kassal thanks the human and accepts the book, adding the new treasure to his own possessions. An act which Festus takes exception to. "So now yer lettin' a fraggin' stranger pilfer the body of our dead friend, eh?" he growls, his tone quite serious. He looks at Sylvan and Fulp. "That's some shit." The dwarf stows his freshly cleaned axe and begins to lift his dead companion, determined to carry the body into the church by himself if necessary. "Book's not much use to him dead" shrugs Sylvan to no one in particular. "I guess I don't understand the ways of dwarves. Never have."

He pauses, scratching the top of his head. "For what it's worth, I don't care what you do with my body when I 'm dead. If I can enrich the soil and feed the birds, leave me where I lie." he says before following the rest to the church, where he plans to seek out Father Zantus so he can thank him for the potion.

This is just a summary of the latest events. I ran out of time so I will need to work on the next actionable update later tonight.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#116 Post by Alethan »

Ciar moves back to the sight of the earlier engagement and takes the ears from those goblins, as well.

When that is done, he says, "I'll be right back. Gonna go do something with these so I don't have to carry them around any more than necessary."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by onlyme »

Fulp suggests to Ciar to sell those ears to the crazy man wanting them for his dog. Then he wonders if it might have unfortunately been the poor dog they couldn't save.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#118 Post by dmw71 »

All experience point total has been updated.

Player links:
Ciar
Fulp
Sylvan
Kassal
Sparrow
Festus
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)