0. Prelude

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 0. Prelude

#181 Post by hedgeknight »

"That's a fair amount of coin for simple caravan duty," Festus says. "Might want to ask around about this Silas feller. See what type of man he is."
Winter is coming...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#182 Post by dmw71 »

Sylvan and Festus remain in the inn and enjoy what they suspect to be the last of their free meals. Ciar and Fulp head to the jewelers in an attempt to convert their excess coins into something easier to transport. Sparrow and Eohannud each depart as well to run simple errands.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by AleBelly »

if possible

Sylvan approaches Sparrow as he leaves. "Sorry for ditching you last night, but, well, things were looking pretty good. Can I get my gold back from you...minus your 10 gp of course."

The hooded man shares a meal with Festus. "Well, what now? Should we go ask about Silas or get a jump start on the festivities?"

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#184 Post by dmw71 »

AleBelly wrote:Sylvan approaches Sparrow as he leaves. "Sorry for ditching you last night, but, well, things were looking pretty good. Can I get my gold back from you...minus your 10 gp of course."
Yes, this would have happened. AleBelly and OGRE MAGE, please adjust your character sheets accordingly.

Sylvan and Festus, feel free to discus your plans here.
-- Project --
-- DM --

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#185 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Of course Syl, by the way....I used your 10 gold to buy myself a headache and dry mouth this morning, haha!

And think nothing of it friend. Sometimes people look at me differently I have noticed. In some places I am not as well accepted as others. You seem to be fitting right in here though,
Sparrow says with a chuckle.
By adjusting sheets do you mean the 10 gold? Or did I miss something along the way? I don't want to be forgetting to add treasure. :lol:

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by hedgeknight »

AleBelly wrote:The hooded man shares a meal with Festus. "Well, what now? Should we go ask about Silas or get a jump start on the festivities?"
"Well, truth be told," Festus begins around a mouthful of food, "would be nice to find a bank or someplace to stash me gold. Furfoot and Fulp might care fer shiny gems or such, but give me gold! Mayhap we can find a bank AND find out about this Silas feller in the process, eh?"
Winter is coming...

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by AleBelly »

"We're of like minds. I asked about a bank, but Sandpoint doesn't have one. The Town Hall was suggested in its stead. Sounds like a good place to ask about Silas too" replies Sylvan.

If Festus agrees, Sylvan cleans his plate of very last morsel of food and searches for the Town Hall.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by hedgeknight »

"To the Town Hall then," Festus says, wiping the crumbs out of his beard.
Winter is coming...

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Starbeard »

Before leaving for his morning business, Eohannud thanks Sylvan and Ciar for his share of the earnings. 'This will do nicely to buy a new suit for the festival! If I am lucky, I will have secured a patron by the end of the night; if not, the affections of a landed inheritrix will do just as well.'

He gives everyone a 'Goodbye for the moment! Shall we meet again before attending the festival, or is it every man for himself today?' as he walks out to shop at Vernah's Fine Clothing across town. 'This caravan business appears lucrative, but seems a bore. For my part I am inclined to see what other opportunities come up today: perhaps this town really is inordinately wealthy, and much can be made from ingratiating the peculiar hobbies of its inhabitants. Goblins' ears, indeed! Hah!'

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by AleBelly »

"Yes, keep your ear tuned for other opportunities, Eo" agrees Sylvan. As he gets up to leave with Festus, he becomes more pensive. "Be on your guard, Festus. Nature has bestowed many blessings on us - wealth, bountiful food and drink, and - for me at least - some very pleasurable female companionship. I fear these same forces will be looking to balance our recent good fortune."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by hedgeknight »

Festus nods with a grunt, very well aware of the heavy weight of gold in his pack, and follows Sylvan out into the street. He watches those he passes closely, and watches the shadows even closer...
Winter is coming...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#192 Post by dmw71 »

Sylvan and Festus clear their plates and head to the Town Hall.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#193 Post by dmw71 »

Added a 'Game Background' thread.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#194 Post by dmw71 »

A loud explosion is heard, sounding like it originated near the 'White Deer Inn' you all have rooms in, or possibly the chapel. The local people in the immediate area initially jump, startled by the erruption, but quickly relax and even grow in excitement. Without exception, they all begin heading in the direction of the explosive sound. Listening in to the conversations of those acting so calm, two phrases repeated by most are the words "Father Zantus" and "thunderstone."
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#195 Post by dmw71 »

Personalized versions of the above update have been made in each of your private forums. Depending upon the intentions of your character, feel free to respond there, in your private forum, or here publicly.
-- Project --
-- DM --

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#196 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow is now wandering around outside by himself. When he hears the commotion, he instinctively checks all around him and his surroundings to make sure the noise wasn't some kind of diversion.

If he sees any of his party members, he will join up with them and see if they want to go and investigate the explosion.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan turns to Festus. "Such an obnoxious noise!" he exclaims. "I'm compelled to find the source of it." He starts walking towards the chapel.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by hedgeknight »

"Reckon we oughta go check it out, eh?" Festus agrees, walking along with Sylvan.
Winter is coming...

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Starbeard »

Eohannud emerges from the town hall and follows the flow of traffic to the grounds nearby the inn and chapel.

Catching up with Sylvan and Festus, he hails them and asks them of their morning. 'I found a wondrous seamstress in town, as you can see. I would make her my bride tomorrow if she had an inheritance. I must ask her. But what of this noise? Do either of you recognise this Father Zantus character?'

Does the term 'thunderstone' ring any bells to Eohannud?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#200 Post by dmw71 »

Moving to a new thread: I. Swallowtail Festival.

Regarding thunderstones, it is safe to assume they are a type of stone that, when thrown or struck against a solid object, produces a thunderous sound.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”