"Read All About It!" - Original Recruitment Post

Grognardsw
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Read All About It!" - Original Recruitment Post

#1 Post by Grognardsw »

That Which Should Not Be

The time is the roaring Twenties. The Great War is a faded memory, America is in ascendancy, Wall Street is pumping greenbacks, hepcats and flappers are dancing to that new Jazz, and Prohibition is vainly trying to halt the hooch. But beneath this gilded surface are grim undercurrents of crime, disturbing discoveries and dark secrets.

A Call of Cthulhu homebrew adventure for up to six players. Diverse happenings swirl into a web of investigative paths bringing together the characters for a common goal. Post rate every couple of days. Knowledge of H.P. Lovecraft's works will increase appreciation but is not required. This is a thinker’s game that stresses role playing, storytelling and investigation of mysteries and horrors. Inspiration from Alan Moore, H.P. Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, Boardwalk Empire.
Rule set is CoC third edition.
Easy to understand, but knowledge of rules not needed.
Players can choose from an array of professions, including FBI agent, professor, journalist, archeologist, private investigator, pulp magazine writer, playboy dilettante, debutante-turned-flapper, cultist, antiquarian book dealer, exorcist priest, occultist/stage magician, gangster, or other profession. Characters start in their own thread and come together as the plot thickens. Creativity encouraged.

Are the stars right?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: "Read All About It!" - Original Recruitment Post

#2 Post by ybn1197 »

Out of curiosity since I have the 2nd edition and not the 3rd, are the changes significant between the versions?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: "Read All About It!" - Original Recruitment Post

#3 Post by Grognardsw »

ybn1197 wrote:Out of curiosity since I have the 2nd edition and not the 3rd, are the changes significant between the versions?
I've never seen 2nd edition, but from what I've heard there's not much difference. It's okay to go ahead with what you have and we can make any necessary changes if need be, but I don't think they'll be any.

Return to “That Which Should Not Be (Call of Cthulhu)”