Severi | Tev

5' width

Rhys
Thurgan
Severi
Quint
Semele
Tev

(or Severi can be just before Tev in the 5' version)

If we decide against a rear-guard, we can move the "fighters" in the back rank up.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC VII

#382 Post by thirdkingdom »

Looks good, and it also seems like you have taken into account the act that someone in the second rank can cast spells/fire missile weapons over Thurgan's head.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#383 Post by Atlictoatl »

thirdkingdom wrote:Looks good, and it also seems like you have taken into account the act that someone in the second rank can cast spells/fire missile weapons over Thurgan's head.
That was purely accidental, but thank you for noticing my skilled forethought. ;)

I went ahead and dropped it into the Standards thread for ease, though that may not always be our standard. I'm assuming Tev may be more front-lines when we're not in an area where Thurgan's racial abilities are dominant.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#385 Post by Atlictoatl »

If it's mechanically more sound for Tev to advance on a line of archers with his shield in place than hefting an orc for "greater protection", then he'd be smart enough to advance with the shield.

I went for a cinematic moment that doesn't make as much sense if the orcs aren't 1) advancing, or 2) right on top of us.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by thirdkingdom »

Atlictoatl wrote:If it's mechanically more sound for Tev to advance on a line of archers with his shield in place than hefting an orc for "greater protection", then he'd be smart enough to advance with the shield.

I went for a cinematic moment that doesn't make as much sense if the orcs aren't 1) advancing, or 2) right on top of us.
Well, an orc weighs, let's say, 1750 cn. So, that will slow Tev considerably, versus a shield.

phil285
Tracker
Tracker

#387 Post by phil285 »

Can you clarify (as I'm late to the game):
Indeed, one of the men mentions that they were to return to the island before nightfall, as opposed to camping.
Is the island across from the river that's been mentioned?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by thirdkingdom »

phil285 wrote:Can you clarify (as I'm late to the game):
Indeed, one of the men mentions that they were to return to the island before nightfall, as opposed to camping.
Is the island across from the river that's been mentioned?

Sure. There are two maps to refer to. I'm just going to post them here, in spoilers, for remind everyone of the situation:

The first is a map of Threshold proper:
expert-threshold-500ft.png
expert-threshold-500ft.png (100.69 KiB) Viewed 829 times
The second is a rough facsimile of that map, showing the known locations of enemy encampments. Please excuse the resemblance to a child's scribble.
Player's map.png
Player's map.png (290.59 KiB) Viewed 829 times
Vanco knows the following: The captives are being held by several units of hobgoblins in hex 04.06. As far as he can tell, the hobgoblins are commanding both the siege of Threshold and the Keep. Hex 5.12 is occupied by three units of gnolls. Hex 6.10 is occupied by a unit of ogres.

The "island" I've been referring to is in the northern portion of the map, and labeled "Fisherman". It used to be a small settlement of fisherfolk, but has since been overrun and is currently home to a garrison of orcs. It is, unless y'all decide you want to go south of the Duke's Road, east of the Windrush river and cross the river, the only way to get to Threshold. I think I mentioned it in my PM to phil, but Vanco knows there is a tribe of goblins camped on this side of the river, somewhere east of Fogors Isle.

If one were to go south through the woods, there is a passable ford over the River Windrush in hex 50.21 and another in hex 50.23, according to this map (viewtopic.php?p=35909#p35909). Please note that I made a mistake that has yet to be corrected: the road should be west of the river, not east.

phil285
Tracker
Tracker

#389 Post by phil285 »

Thanks for the maps!

Other players -- do any need healing? If the party finds a safe encampment, Vanco may as well heal the most injured then refresh with two CLWs? He's also got that purify food and water, which might be useful if we're short of rations overall with the survivors.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#390 Post by Wyzard »

Severi is still a little banged up, I think.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#391 Post by Alethan »

Rhys is good.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Return to “In Search of Adventure”