Character Sheets

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Character Sheets

#81 Post by GreyWolfVT »

good to hear I finally have a good thought :lol: I am prepared to play like Gimli and Legolas kinda fueled the terms of it but I can add more into the second one perhaps to the effect that the second born races need reminding of just how wise the elder races are?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#82 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Choose either the helper/Gimli belief or the other one (which I think is way more Thorin-ish). Are you more of a Gimli or Thorin? Both are excellent roles to model. It depends on your style as a player.

Feel free to add what you like to the second Belief (the Thorin one). I just think a second phrase would make it a little more actionable... not just that the Secondborn are not as Wise as the Elder races, but that Horris will say or do something to make sure he's not screwed over by them.

Oh... and switching from Sword to Axe. You may choose Hand Axe (1-handed) or Battle Axe (2-handed). Also, you may choose a Shield as a Secondary Weapon (being a Dwarf), regardless of choice in Axes.

("I bash his head in with my Shield" is a perfectly sound choice in this game.)
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

GreyWolfVT

#83 Post by GreyWolfVT »

alright so you are saying I can use a battle axe one handed being a dwarf so i can retain a shield in the opposite hand? Just looking to ensure i am understanding you entirely and accurately.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Keehnelf »

My understanding is you cannot wield a 2-handed weapon and a shield at the same time. Since there is no "pack" value for shields, nor another stowing location, you are stuck if you pick both. You could only carry the 2H weapon and wield your shield.

Instead, go for a helmet which is your option if you decide not to take a shield.

GreyWolfVT

#85 Post by GreyWolfVT »

looks like I have a helmet already. Also going to the Gimli or Thorin I think Horris is more of a Gimli though I have had him give attitude to our paladin so the Thorin belief it is! ;)

Belief is set to
The younger races lack the wisdom of their elders and must be restrained to save them from their worst tendencies.

Return to “Torchbearer: Return to the Keep on the Borderlands”