Groot

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Groot

#1 Post by Rhourk »

I think it would be cool if Groot's Bardic Lore skills came from his connection with the forest and nature. All the Legend Lore type abilities spring from him drawing knowledge from this incredibly ancient plant biosphere that we in the animal world pay little attention to. Trees live a long time and there is always one around to witness an event.

Also when he plays his songs, he could use his branches and leaves and swirl them around and sway back and forth to sound like wood reed instruments or wind-chimes for the calming, sleeping focusing songs. For the battle songs and such he couldt strike his braches against themselves or his trunk or roots to make different drumming sounds, very loud and sharp with an African or Amazonian type beat.

That's all the thinking I am going to do about Groot, but I am interested to hear what Fred thinks.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Groot

#2 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote:I think it would be cool if Groot's Bardic Lore skills came from his connection with the forest and nature. All the Legend Lore type abilities spring from him drawing knowledge from this incredibly ancient plant biosphere that we in the animal world pay little attention to. Trees live a long time and there is always one around to witness an event.

Also when he plays his songs, he could use his branches and leaves and swirl them around and sway back and forth to sound like wood reed instruments or wind-chimes for the calming, sleeping focusing songs. For the battle songs and such he couldt strike his braches against themselves or his trunk or roots to make different drumming sounds, very loud and sharp with an African or Amazonian type beat.

That's all the thinking I am going to do about Groot, but I am interested to hear what Fred thinks.
DM: I think this is a great idea and story concept. How Groot has achieved 3rd level is beyond me. He now must fight or at least be in the same room to gain XP.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Tungsten »

Groot has given us Inspiration and other helpful spells.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Rhourk »

Several of our NPCs started at 3rd level. I know Tanis did, and I am pretty sure at least one of the rangers did too.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Agnati »

One Ranger @ 3rd and the other two at 1st
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Johnny Champion »

I need to give Groot some love. I am sorry.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Tungsten »

It's not easy being a walking pile of kindling!!!

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Tungsten »

FYI -- Faelwen mentions to Groot that if he/she (???) should ever be faced with an enemy that has a Fire attack or possible fire attack that she can cast Protection from Energy on him/her to protect her from Fire for an Hour. Groot will need to stay near Faelwen as this is a Touch spell. The spell only gives Resistance (1/2 damage). Thought you should now.

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”