Session 12: Mystery in Loden

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Session 12: Mystery in Loden

#21 Post by Tungsten »

Faelwen SENDING to Falinor:
"We have a Rod of Cancellation. Considered using it to free souls from Gems. Seems Extreme. Please advice. Need information about Angor and Loden. Thanks."

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Tungsten »

Faelwen asks our Guide Arramar about the Order of the Knights of the Laurel. Has the regional triad been seen recently. Perhaps they can help us free the soul of a fellow knight.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Johnny Champion »

Tungsten wrote:Faelwen SENDING to Falinor:
"We have a Rod of Cancellation. Considered using it to free souls from Gems. Seems Extreme. Please advice. Need information about Angor and Loden. Thanks."
DM: Falinor teleports his eagle familiar to you. She has a scroll around her neck. Indeed, a 9th level dispel magic scroll.

A letter states "Place the Soul Gems around your friends' necks. Keep them close and read the spell. This should work my dear Faelwen"

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote:
Tungsten wrote:Faelwen SENDING to Falinor:
DM: Falinor teleports his eagle familiar to you. She has a scroll around her neck. Indeed, a 9th level dispel magic scroll.

A letter states "Place the Soul Gems around your friends' necks. Keep them close and read the spell. This should work my dear Faelwen"
And remember who's soul is in which gem. Do not get them mixed up... however funny it would be to have to swap characters. hahahaha
Do we have time to go back to town and/or rest here before moving on, without any negative consequences? I specifically mean a long rest.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Tungsten »

Faelwen reads carefully over Falinor's note and does exactly as she has been instructed. She made SUPER CERTAIN that the gems were not mixed up. She asks Lumiere to cast a BLESS spell upon her. Then Faelwen casts the Dispel Magic Spell from the Scroll.

DM: She casts the spell from the scroll Falinor provided. The glow from the gems simmer brightly and soon glowing radiant shapes exit the large rubies, pause and then reenter the souless bodies of Rickul and Tungsten. After a few moments, they both wake with incredible sighs. They explain to the rest of the party the limbo they experienced. What seemed like moments for them, were hours to the rest of the party.

The gems crack in the process. Pieces of the rubies are still large enough to be of worth (8 small, uncut, good quality rubies).

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:
Tungsten wrote:Faelwen reads carefully over Falinor's note and does exactly as she has been instructed. She made SUPER CERTAIN that the gems were not mixed up. She asks Lumiere to cast a BLESS spell upon her. Then Faelwen casts the Dispel Magic Spell from the Scroll.

DM: She casts the spell from the scroll Falinor provided. The glow from the gems simmer brightly and soon glowing radiant shapes exit the large rubies, pause and then reenter the souless bodies of Rickul and Tungsten. After a few moments, they both wake with incredible sighs. They explain to the rest of the party the limbo they experienced. What seemed like moments for them, were hours to the rest of the party.

The gems crack in the process. Pieces of the rubies are still large enough to be of worth (8 small, uncut, good quality rubies).
Rickul is a little disoriented, but secures the ruby pieces in the party's inventory.
(What's Rickul & Tungsten's current physical/mental status?)
DM: Rickul and Tungsten are a little disoriented but after a few hours are back to normal. Soon, the memory of the moments in the gems become fleeting, like a dream that at first floods the mind after waking but soon disappears like a solitary cloud on a bright summer day.

However, Faelwen, recognizing the power required to unleash such soul-sucking magic, realizes that there must be a greater force at play. She knows that creatures, now known to be call Sarzans, do not have the supernatural power to create such gems. There must be a master.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Rhourk »

Kaleb: "It seems this land lacks the staunch protectors that inhabit our home. There is great need for us here. As a Paladin of the Oberdon Pontus Ferrin, it's my duty to find this master and put an end to it. We have much to do at home, but I think this need is as great and more immediate. I cannot turn my back on these people. What are your thoughts my friends?"

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Agnati »

Rickul is helped to is feet and readies his bow.
"I am with you, my comrade. This magic is powerful. These people will not stand a chance without help. Let us free them from this shadow."
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by Johnny Champion »

DM: The party after resting a secluded area several miles from the enchanted wood discuss the matters before them. In addition to a variety of tombstones, centuries old, there was a small shrine or crypt within the cemetery. It was from here that Krauss emerged.

Krauss
Krauss
Krauss
Krauss.jpeg (110.64 KiB) Viewed 916 times
It appeared from your recollection as a building 20'x40' with a peaked slate roof. It has 5-6 stone stairs leading what you recall was double doors. Two stone columns held the damaged roof. It was eerie basking in the rays of the red sun on a full moon night.

The town of Loden is 6-7 miles to the southwest. The party is deciding its next course of action. Some favor returning to Loden, a few say venture back towards the crypt, it is mentioned to return home and leave this forsaken land.

City of Loden
City of Loden
City of Loden
Lodon.jpg (413.27 KiB) Viewed 916 times
DM: The party recalls their friend Arromar Autumnloft, the ranger from Rivermead. He awaits word from the party, as does the underground leader, Viscount Orin Rothin.

Arromar Autumnloft
Arromar
Arromar
Amorose.jpg (102.57 KiB) Viewed 916 times
Viscount Orin Rothin
sage.jpg
sage.jpg (5.55 KiB) Viewed 916 times

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote:Lumiere will send a sending back to the Matriarch at Sidon, "In battle with Sarzens, souls being trapped in gems, can you advise on defense? Any knowledge on greater powers using them as foot-soldiers? Awaiting response"

twenty five words on the button
Matriarch (15th) Haysa Timset:
Sarzens are empowered by their acceptance of undead life. Process takes decades and they take form totally devoted to Maker. Intelligent, Strong, Powerful. Beware Maker.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Groot

#31 Post by Johnny Champion »

Groot:
Well we have a Very nice dead Red Dragon, Money and a town ready to help. I am a 3rd level Bard now.
If I can roll the thing along and hide behind it and get Cover bonus to my AC I just might make it to 4th level.
The Loden Journal Review: Fear the Dragon
Song Fear of the Dragon. Groot, the Treant Bard, recalls the conversation between Tungsten and the Tuxamet, the Red Dragon. It is song in Draconic and is put to music on the piano. Turns out that Tuxamet's reply to Tungsten's poor skill in Draconic is one of the most epic dragon comic put down's. The retelling of this will most likely get the Caldaeran adventurers killed by the next dragon they meet.
DM: You had left instructions with the townspeople that they can feast on the corpse of the dragon but must keep hide for your use.

The usable hide is enormous and the value is estimated at 20Kgp at a minimum.

You are told that the armorers of Ironthal would give you the best price.

The ballad, composed from the tale of Tuxamet and the cowering of the Mighty Tungsten, nears completion.

DM: Please provide a stanza and a refrain!

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Rhourk »

"When the Dragon reared his ugly head, he bravely turned his back and fled,brave brave brave brave Sir Tungsten!"

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote:"When the Dragon reared his ugly head, he bravely turned his back and fled,brave brave brave brave Sir Tungsten!"
DM: I am quite sure that Brave Sir Tungsten would not approve of such a ballad. :)

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”