Session 11: Crypt of Vecna Torin-Faine

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Session 11: Crypt of Vecna Torin-Faine

#1 Post by Johnny Champion »

DM: Use this thread/topic for in character discussions about the previous session and plans moving forward.

Map of the Lands of the Central Veil (Current): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1BkEgm ... l4S2s/edit

DM: You can download it and zoom in on your PC or view online (not as good).

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Session 11: Crypt of Vecna Torin-Faine

#2 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote:DM: Use this thread/topic for in character discussions about the previous session and plans moving forward.
OOC: I had a great time last week, as did Bridgett :) She really enjoyed seeing us play (and rolling high for me against a dragon, of all things) and she'd like to come back whenever she's able to.

CHRIS: Considering her incredible die rolling skills, I as DM, would rather her sit at home during the most crucial battles. :)

Rickul:"Brothers and sisters and lovers (Yes, I'm looking at you, Tungsten), I would strongly recommend us moving toward Falshire, with all due haste, to look into Dorian's possible disappearance. As a fellow Ranger of Nouveau, it is likely he can shed some light on the rumors of evil in the region and possible sightings of anything.... unnatural. I've been told that he hasn't been heard from in quite some time, which is very unlike him, and he would make a great ally and a very useful set of eyes and ears in this region if we are to tame it."
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Johnny Champion »

DM: Per Rule clarification viewtopic.php?f=125&t=2670&p=121688#p121686, and the death and Revivification of Lumiere and Mooki, they must suffer a debilitating and humbling Ability Score Reduction. I do not need to witness this embarrassing roll.

However, due to the loss of life and return, they are both granted (2) d4 Inspiration Dice to use for next session! Aren't I nice?

DM: Someone inform Fred
Last edited by Johnny Champion on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Lumiere (Not Kaleb..sorry Kaleb)

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Rhourk »

It was Lumiere and Mookie not Kaleb. Kaleb cast the revivication on Lumiere.

DM: Fixed. My apologies to Kaleb and Lumiere

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Rhourk »

Is it a point of con, or is it a random stat?

DM: Random d6 [S=1,I=2,W=3,D=4,C=5,Ch=6]

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Tungsten »

DM question: How are you doing with calculating XP for our last sessions? I think I could have killed a pig and had enough XP to Level up. Should I go ahead and make the necessary adjustments?
Also you never answered Agnati's question regarding Training Fees. Faelwen's are quite steep so she is very interested in hearing the answer to this question.

DM: Considering that Tungsten was in the corner the whole dragon battle, he gets no XP. I think the rest of the party would concur...except Faelwen of course.

DM: Training cost...hmmm...never thought the party would make it to this level. No need for Master yet..maybe upcoming sessions for that. Cost? How much? The party seems to be flush with wealth.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Johnny Champion »

DM: Wording can change but...

Vecna will appear angelic, with golden wings and black glossy skin; standing nearly 12’ tall, beautiful to behold, he speaks to the party:

“You have vanquished guardians, you have reason to see me. I am the Herald of Nerull, the angel of Malazar; my form before you was true many centuries before. For you to come this far, destroying the tomb and my proxy Navaron, all for this, a certain death?

No, it can’t be like this. But you see, you think yourselves worthy, the mighty champions of the pious god Malazar. I offer you service and unlike that offered by others, I grant you more and everlasting. I would give you kingdoms if you serve me, Navaron was merely a servant of Nerull and all that he was, was given to him from He who walks with the Dead. I grant you lordship over this region, a former great kingdom shined in this land. You can build it back!

Lumiere, my beautiful daughter, I was more attached to Malazar than even you. I, the Great Archon of Malazar himself, living and serving throughout ages, was his general. I saw through his inaction, his lies, and his complacency. I give you the Tomb of Navaron, take Navaron’s place. I grant you 100 years of life and the hope of achieving eternal status. Follow me!

Kaleb, warrior of the Oberdon Pontus Ferran, I was the Vicar of Oberdon. I created your order and I bear the Title still. You can help me achieve my rightful place as Demi-god of the Fallen, Servant of Nerull. You will be my general. I grant you 100 years and the rule of kingdoms to the North?

Nouveau Ranger Rickul, half-elf so you are, I forget you not. I grant you 100 years and the hope of broadening the mighty creatures that I have helped forge. You can be their guardian, their leader. You can bring forth the destruction of mankind with creatures fell and dark. Build a citadel, offer it to Nerull, and I give you riches beyond your dreams.

Faelwen, the high elf, I will reunite you with your parents. Provide you the secret of their death and revenge if you must. I give you secrets of the Fair Traders, they harbor a cult deep and dark. They await a leader such as you. Be my mistress of the seas eternal. I grant you this!

Tungsten, mighty fighter, there are few among mortals that can claim your strength. I will send you to the kingdoms of the world. I will grant you titan size, the earth will tremble before you. I will grant you a a mighty dragon steed. You can lay waste to those who oppose us! 100 years I grant you.

Mooket, you among the party, I have no offering to suit you. I give you life eternal, the mother of earth. I will see that all insects bow to you first. I give you the path of Lolth, I will send you to Hades and be my lords apprentice. He will grant you guardianship and Demi-god status as the Goddess of The Mantis, queen of insects!

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Rhourk »

It's stewing.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:DM question: How are you doing with calculating XP for our last sessions? I think I could have killed a pig and had enough XP to Level up. Should I go ahead and make the necessary adjustments?
Also you never answered Agnati's question regarding Training Fees. Faelwen's are quite steep so she is very interested in hearing the answer to this question.

DM: Considering that Tungsten was in the corner the whole dragon battle, he gets no XP. I think the rest of the party would concur...except Faelwen of course.

DM: Training cost...hmmm...never thought the party would make it to this level. No need for Master yet..maybe upcoming sessions for that. Cost? How much? The party seems to be flush with wealth.

Will we have time to train before the big showdown, or are we stuck in mid adventure?

DM: Training is a no go.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Land of Tuxamet: Central Veil

#10 Post by Johnny Champion »

DM: Teaser. This is the land that your PCs are currently residing, though there is a way back to The Crypt of Vecna. As always, I let the party decide. This land is nearly 400 miles to the north of your location in Caldaera in the Central Veil. It is a land totally unknown to you, but the laws of physics and magic work here just as well.
Attachments
Lands of the Central Veil and Cave of Tuxamet
Lands of the Central Veil and Cave of Tuxamet
Lands of the Central Veil.png (573.42 KiB) Viewed 1216 times

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote:DM: Wording can change but...

Vecna will appear angelic, with golden wings and black glossy skin; standing nearly 12’ tall, beautiful to behold, he speaks to the party:

“You have vanquished guardians, you have reason to see me. I am the Herald of Nerull, the angel of Malazar; my form before you was true many centuries before. For you to come this far, destroying the tomb and my proxy Navaron, all for this, a certain death?

No, it can’t be like this. But you see, you think yourselves worthy, the mighty champions of the pious god Malazar. I offer you service and unlike that offered by others, I grant you more and everlasting. I would give you kingdoms if you serve me, Navaron was merely a servant of Nerull and all that he was, was given to him from He who walks with the Dead. I grant you lordship over this region, a former great kingdom shined in this land. You can build it back!

Lumiere, my beautiful daughter, I was more attached to Malazar than even you. I, the Great Archon of Malazar himself, living and serving throughout ages, was his general. I saw through his inaction, his lies, and his complacency. I give you the Tomb of Navaron, take Navaron’s place. I grant you 100 years of life and the hope of achieving eternal status. Follow me!

Kaleb, warrior of the Oberdon Pontus Ferran, I was the Vicar of Oberdon. I created your order and I bear the Title still. You can help me achieve my rightful place as Demi-god of the Fallen, Servant of Nerull. You will be my general. I grant you 100 years and the rule of kingdoms to the North?

Nouveau Ranger Rickul, half-elf so you are, I forget you not. I grant you 100 years and the hope of broadening the mighty creatures that I have helped forge. You can be their guardian, their leader. You can bring forth the destruction of mankind with creatures fell and dark. Build a citadel, offer it to Nerull, and I give you riches beyond your dreams.

Faelwen, the high elf, I will reunite you with your parents. Provide you the secret of their death and revenge if you must. I give you secrets of the Fair Traders, they harbor a cult deep and dark. They await a leader such as you. Be my mistress of the seas eternal. I grant you this!

Tungsten, mighty fighter, there are few among mortals that can claim your strength. I will send you to the kingdoms of the world. I will grant you titan size, the earth will tremble before you. I will grant you a a mighty dragon steed. You can lay waste to those who oppose us! 100 years I grant you.

Mooket, you among the party, I have no offering to suit you. I give you life eternal, the mother of earth. I will see that all insects bow to you first. I give you the path of Lolth, I will send you to Hades and be my lords apprentice. He will grant you guardianship and Demi-god status as the Goddess of The Mantis, queen of insects!
Securing his bow to his back, hooded cloak partially covering his face, Rickul steps forward cautiously.
"Fallen Vecna, you are wrong.... we do not think ourselves worthy. Though yes, we have done great deeds and we have vanquished great foes, we are but humble servants. It seems remarkable that every one of the beasts and “lords” we have slain thought themselves among the greatest… to hold power and death over the land and the peoples therein… they thought it their right to rule with fear and anger and death… But death is what their pride brought to them."

The party begins reading weapons and forms a line, side by side, staring down Vecna with courage.
That was your mistake, Vecna.... thinking we desired ruling by fear or power over creation or even life eternal... you know nothing. We fight for none of those things. We fight for GOOD. You left the mightiest of the mighty because your greed for power corrupted your heart. Nothing could be more sad…. For it is this day… upon this soil… that this band of humble warriors from all walks of life and from across this land that we hold dear humble the “great and mighty” Vecna!
It is this day, by the holy light of our god
Malazar, that we banish you from this plane forever more!!!!

DM: Very Good.

Vecna looks puzzled; he has not seen this before with mere mortals....
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Rhourk »

Kaleb steps forward wearing a mask of righteous anger, but as he opens his mouth he is silenced by Lumiere's gentle hand on his shoulder. With a glance she calms his rage, and he allows her to step forward.

"Mighty Vecna, my companion Rickul has the right of it, he speaks from our hearts, with one voice forged in the crucible that we have weathered as one, and I cannot say anything truer than what he has said. I can only add this.

You also have the right of me. I am your daughter, conceived in the light of our father but born in the trials that you laid upon this land, and brought screaming into the chaos that you spread through the Holy Continence of our faith.

Know that I appreciate the offer that you have made me, know that I feel our kindred spirit, and that I look on you not with hatred, disgust or fear, but with love and sorrow.

There is no one that has walked in the light that has not feared the dark. I know that fear drove you to embrace a false master and be corrupted by his false comforts and lies. You are not some base demon or fiend that deserves this fate, you are part of the light, and though fallen, you still shine.

I take no joy in what will happen here, Noble Vecna. But I am glad to have met you, for the light still shines in you, and that is a blessed thing, always.

I have only two things left to say. Thank you Proud Vecna, for untold eons of service to the light and for the shining example that you were, the shining example that forged the very order of The Oberdon Pontus Ferran, the shield of men against the dark that Brother Kaleb belongs to. And for the nole service you provided that leads me to form in this moment The Mission of the Dawn, that I Luminere Lightbringer now pronounce as an order of our clergy dedicated to brining the light of Malazar to the dark places of the world. Thank you for that.

And finally Vecna.....I forgive you."

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Tungsten »

Tungsten: After falling from the great heights heaven... (Tungsten looses his sword from its scabbard)
What's another fall to the ground?

Faelwen smiles.

DM: Vecna seems insulted as he flutters his enormous wings

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Johnny Champion »

Vecna enlarged now to over 14' tall, with glossy black skin, brights eyes and flowing blonde hair, unleashes his majestic 30' feathered wings, hovers 50' from the party. 100 yards away sits the fallen corpse of Tuxamet The Invincible, still in convulsions after his death. The cave, carved from the black magma tubes that once funneled lava from the depths of this ancient volcano, begins to show the light of day. Through the opening, a beautiful blue sky and billowing white clouds can be seen.

Vecna: "Lumiere, my dear Daughter of the Light, there was a time when these words would sing to me in the heavens of the Forgotten Sun. I have granted untold gifts to those whose hearts were half as steadfast as yours in eons of the past. But you see foolish mortal, tender so you are, I have shed the mantle of Angel of Light, and now I carry out the wishes of a more powerful god. Nerull shall vanquish the light!"
Attachments
Vecna, The Fallen
Vecna, The Fallen
dark angel 2.jpg (6.65 KiB) Viewed 1216 times

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Johnny Champion »

Galaeron, an Archon of Malazar, who spoke with Lumiere in Sidon, appears to her and the party. In the background, the beautiful daylight of midday can be seen behind her. She carries the mighty Full Moon Battle Axe of Oberdon Pontus Ferron. Vecna is taken back by the sight of his fellow Archon.

Galaeron "Your cause is valiant, though you are pleasant in Malazar's sight, he can't operate in the world directly. Vecna was a leader of Archons and even I dare not challenge him. But remember there is something good, something of Malazar, that lives in his soul. Remember: Cold winds force doors with fiery stone anti-magic."

She looks upon Vecna with sadness and then revulsion: "Vecna, by the power of Malazar, flee Azur and the lands looked down upon by the Pantheon of The Forgotten Sun. These humble servants are under the protection of you former master!"

Vecna: "Well met my sweet sister. Why don't you stay and taste the Finger of Doom? Leave here before I banish you to the pits of Hades!"

Galaeron grants each of you inspiration and valor (each get 2d4 inspiration dice) and she vanishes.
Attachments
Galaeron, Archon of Malazar
Galaeron, Archon of Malazar
Galaeron.jpg (72.99 KiB) Viewed 1216 times

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”