Action Thread 1

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 1

#161 Post by Alethan »

Francisco stops donning his armour as soon as the elf steps into the clearing and listens to his story. Seeing he is not posing any threat, Francisco keeps his sword sheathed.

He shrugs and says, "Well... if someone hadn't tried to play the hero, he wouldn't be in such bad shape." He follows this with a glare in Zin's direction. "Hopefully he can still handle leading a donkey by the reins or I'll have to dock his pay!"

"Otherwise, as you rightly assumed, we were able to dispatch the vicious beasts (or that will soon be done) with little problem. I believe our fatherly figure there, Nunyet, is excited at the prospect of some thick slices of bacon for breakfast. I guess that means we'll need to make a fire after all. Name's Francisco, by the way. To whom do we owe this pleasure?"

As part of getting squared away, Francisco tries to recover his crossbow bolts, if possible.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Argennian »

Xaxyx wrote:Stepping out from the underbrush, Veneficus calmly steps into the ring of light provided by the campfire. He holds a short bow in one hand, but by his side rather than brandished, and no arrow is notched. He raises his other hand in greeting.

"My apologies," he says in a smooth, almost melodic voice. "It seems I was set upon by wild boar, in more numbers than I could handle alone. Seeing the size of your camp, I presumed you could readily dispatch a few with little difficulty."

Veneficus then looks toward the wounded figure, now being tended to by the druid, and frowns. "Though perhaps I was mistaken."
Brok, surprised by the fellow's appearance yet impressed by his brazen directness, stays his hand and looks the "little man" over. He sheaths his sword and dagger and dons a grand smile. "Ah, speak of the devil... Come forward into the light, if you will, that we may see you better. If you don't mind me asking, just what in he Nine Hells are you doing running around in the underbrush here, Master...?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#163 Post by Xaxyx »

"I am known an Veneficus," he says, slipping his bow over one shoulder as he approaches. He inclines his head toward each of the humans who spoke. "Be advised, there are still two boar nearby. They are incapacitated though, and I suspect that they will wander off once they recover."

Glancing about, he apprises each of the members of the camped group, raising an eyebrow when his gaze drifts toward the half-orc. He then turns back toward Francisco. "You are the leader of this party, I presume?"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet nods to the newcomer, "another fellow traveler, welcome, it is a good night to be sleeping on the road... but then when is it not. Wake me at my turn to watch and pray". He settles himself back down to sleep, "and in the morning... bacon." he finishes with a smile as he rolls over on the ground and closes his eyes.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#165 Post by migellito »

Kurn nods to Veneficus "welcome.. my name is Kurn." He then busies himself dispatching the sleeping boars and piling them up. "I agree we should smoke these up and take along what we can."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#166 Post by ToniXX »

The boars that are magically held are deftly dealt with by Kurn's new dagger, as they pose no threat or resistance.

The third watch goes by uneventfully, and you wake up to the sun breaking over the eastern Newiron hills.

And we move on to Action thread 2
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”