Many Happy Returns

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Many Happy Returns

#1 Post by tooleychris »

The wounded are removed from the battle field and attended to. The honored dead are buried. The foes dead are burned in a great pier outside of the town.
hero wounded.png
hero wounded.png (271.7 KiB) Viewed 644 times
A battalion of soldiers arrives from the southern city and is immediately dispatched to Ironton. Word comes back several days later that many of the mining towns people were indeed slain, buying time for many others to flee into the mountains and escape the orc horde. They are starting to pick up the pieces and rebuild their community with the aid of Charlotte.

A week passes and Master Ryan calls for a town assembly to honor the fallen and celebrate the victory from the Battle of the Iron Road, as it has been titled.
A mass of the townsfolk gather at an amphitheater. You are asked forward by the Captain of the Guard.

Master Ryan calls for silence from the masses.

"You good people have no doubt heard rumors circulating concerning the attack a dozen sunrises ago, right outside these city walls. To set accords correctly I tell you now a great hoard of orcs and their fell kin were set to besiege Charlotte and give no quarter to its inhabitants. This attack was plotted by a demon in our midst in disguise."
He sighs and shakes his head sadly no doubt remembering poor Lady Angela.
"Let me assure you this clever creature would have succeeded in this attack. This settlement and all you see would have toppled and burned. Look to your neighbor, your family beside you now. They would be now dead from grievous injury. From flame, from blade, from claw."
He gives pause to let his words sink in.
"These brave mercenaries from the Southern Reaches volunteered, as many have, to help survey this land and report hostiles to their superiors. They did not do their duty!" Master Ryan turns to your group and winks.
"Instead they took action to insure the safety of you people. They came to me with knowledge of this horde. Against our laws, and even my word, they struck out against the unseen enemy in disguise of one of my confidants and brought ruin to the demons plans of slaughter. They then brought council to my commanders and set a surprise for the oncoming ill host.
Our victory was complete and utterly devastating to our foes."
He sighs again and paces. "When I consider the loss of life that would have come to pass without their efforts....." He chokes a sob, then sorts himself out.

"Thorgrim Silverspike of the Copper Mountains, I grant you title of Lord and exclusive trading rights between this nation and your own through your family merchant company in Dwarfhold." Says Master Ryan. He then turns to the elf wizard.

"Eirenaios Norland, wizard of the Southern Reaches. I grant you the title Lord and Master of Lore. No object of intelligent design found by mercenaries in these lands, whether it be parchment, tome, magical trinket, or carving shall go to the coffers of Lord Bryon until it passes through your own hands for inspection and cataloging."

He turns to the other elf: "Crazxus Oaksword, I grant you the title Lord and Commander of the Mercenaries who scout these lands. A battalion of men will be under your command to protect this land from dangers yet unknown. I grant you stewardship of the village of Middleton from which to conduct your explorations."

"Throm Thungergut. he says turning to the other dwarf. "I grant you the title Lord and convey to you stewardship over the Iron Road mines and the village of Ironton beyond. "
heros2.png
heros2.png (1.7 MiB) Viewed 644 times
The crowds erupt in thunderous applause as you accept your just rewards.

Food and drink are provided for all assembled and merriment commences throughout the rest of the day and into the night.

Eirenaios readies himself for his new position and spends much of his free time in the temples of Charlotte learning all that they will teach the lord.
erienos.png
erienos.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 644 times
Thorgrim takes control of the trade route and sets up a merchant house in the Port of Elizabeth Bay.
hero thorgrim.png
hero thorgrim.png (1.64 MiB) Viewed 644 times
Months later his father visits to inspect the families new investment and is pleased. He embraces Thorgrim. Father and son are reconciled.

Throm gains control of the militia and eventually recruits many dwarves from the ranks of mercenary to join his legion. Patrols organized by the new leadership make the smaller farmlands safer than ever before. The orc menace is abolished from the fledgling kingdom.
hero throm.png
hero throm.png (1.8 MiB) Viewed 644 times
Crazxus quickly takes control of the mercenaries and reorganizes the way they scout the surrounding lands. Determined to never allow an uprising of enemies to go unnoticed again. Eventually he must confront the necromancer companion they said goodbye to earlier as his undead minions begin threaten civilized lands. Thwarting an attack, Crazxus puts the servant of death to the sword.
hero crax.png
hero crax.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 644 times
Honeybeard farms is prosperous as well as the little gnomes bee hive collection thrives and grows.
hero ruken.png
hero ruken.png (1.96 MiB) Viewed 644 times
Once a year, the group visit Ruken at Evies old farm for a night of feasting and remembrance. The re-tell stories of the witches lair with the serpent altar where they rescued Evie, the ant hill, the troll cave, the alchemist workshop, the Tomb of the Builders, and of course the famous Battle of the Iron Road. Bards may sing of their deeds, glamorizing the journey, adding drama to the conflict, or making light of their struggles, but in their hearts and minds they are etched in stone.
heros feast.PNG
heros feast.PNG (1.18 MiB) Viewed 644 times

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Many Happy Returns

#2 Post by tooleychris »

Return to “Silverymoon”