A Warm Welcome

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: A Warm Welcome

#81 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm dismayed he wasn't allowed the same glory as Thorgrim walks over to the necromancer "Ogre gonna make a good addition fer yah? Fine by me so long as yah dun use em against me, me friends er the good folk round ere.
Just curious what yah gonna do with em?"
the dwarf asks the necromancer a bit interested in the oddness of the mans work.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#82 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios checks the shaman for any grimoires or items while the shaman is bound and in shock sighing at the scene of violence happening beside him. He will also gag the shaman just to be extra safe.

He stands up and looks at the battlefield with pride at what they have achieved, he looks to Throm and the necromancer, "Protection, the question is from what?, he smiles
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Do we give chase to the rest of the orcs and kill them all?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by tooleychris »

(Hope everyone had a great holiday!)
The necromancer kneels by the fallen ogre and pulls a spindle of fine wire from his pouch. "We don't all have the ease of persponality or patients to endure the living as you, master Eirenaios." he says threading the wire into the ogres belly and pulling the skin closed where dwarven ax recently rended it. "The foe is in retreat. The soldiers will give chase."
"Aye!" says the captain limping up to the party. He has a bandaged and bloody thigh. "And the hired mercs will take sport in the hunt. Likely those that escape will make their way to the crater. I doubt their numbers are sufficient for a rally, thanks to your group." he nods in respect and looks to the necromancer in disgust.
"You take care of your fallen. I'll tend to mine." says the wizard as he checks the corpse for broken bones. "I'm sure a celebration is in order back in Charlotte. Leave me be and fulfil our bargain."

GreyWolfVT

#85 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "So long as yah let the humans bury their dead take all the dead orcs ya need." the dwarf says to the necromancer "Sorry bout the damage i dun ta get yah the ogre." replying to the others "I'm thinkin hunt them orcs down an wipe em out at their crater. Celebrate if ya wish. But I'm thinkin more works ta be done."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- The celebration should wait till there all dead. Yes lets make sure so they can never return. You do not want Orcs on your island.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#87 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios sighs, “I don’t see a point in wiping them out and why they would go to the crater either, their demon lord is dead, their champion has been cut to pieces and their main force and officers have been demolished. Now, they are just a couple of orcs, the world is full of them”, he focuses on the necromancer and what he is doing, almost staring in fascination.
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Yes but this island had no Orcs. A safe place till the demon brought them here.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by tooleychris »

The captain nods grimly. "Large sections of this island go unexplored, which is likely why you four are here in the first place...Many scouts have returned to is with tales of ruined settlements. Who knows what is further in past these mountains. " he looks at the horizon. "It's not impossible these vermin were brought here by the demon but what could manage such numbers as this?"
"And not just orc." interjects the necromancer as he wires the ogres ribcage shut. "I've been asked why I design a regiment of these puppets. This island holds many dangers beside these folk. Orcs aren't known for intellect but survival. They are like to retreat somewhere they think is safe."

GreyWolfVT

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm nods "Aye an if I'm rememberin orcs usually live in caves and underground less often in large numbers as these."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by tooleychris »

"Well..." says the captain. "This day would have gone much differently without your warnings and good service. You've averted an unseen enemy and turned possible ruin to victory. I won't start questioning your judgement now. What say You? What is to be done?"

GreyWolfVT

#92 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm sighs "I dun know captain. I'm torn me dwarf instincts say hunt them orcs down and take em out. But me warrior side is sayin we gotta be smart about this. Maybe clean up ere, an tend tha wounded, bury the dead. Then come up with a plan ta deal with them orcs. We know where they're hidin least most likely location. We can make a plan ta lure em out to a trap or ta attack em where they are."

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#93 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios smiles at Throm and the captain, "Now that the crisis has been averted I will leave the decisions in your hands. Now if you'll excuse me I have some appointments to keep, if you plan to head out you can find me at the temple", Eiirenaios turns to the necromancer and gives a small bow then heads to the temple

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Lets us tend to the wounded. The other city that was sacked. We should search for survivors.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#95 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Craxzus- Lets us tend to the wounded. The other city that was sacked. We should search for survivors.
Throm begins nodding as Craxzus speaks "Aye, that is a good plan I nearly forgot tha other location them pigfaced bastards sacked. We aught to recover er at least briefly rest tend ta wounds an consider a search party ta see if any survived tha attack there."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by tooleychris »

"I was hesitant to ask..." says the captain. "While you afforded us a great victory here, men still need attention and Ironton may still be in peril.
I'd hoped you might volunteer to scout it out so I can tend to things here and not deplete our forces further."

He looks toward the Iron Road mine entrance. "As I've said, it's a two day march through the tunnel. Much longer the other way. I could have a supply wagon ready in a couple hours. Food and bandages for survivors, if you'll risk the journey. There may be orcs there still in the tunnels and gods knows what in Ironton. Take some rest if you like and I'll call for you soon..."

GreyWolfVT

#97 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm nods to the captain and will take time to help get wounded to the healers, then will take a rest to recover from the battle.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim stifles a yawn as he pipes up, "Aye, Ironton needs to be checked on. No tellin' what havoc those monsters wrought over there. If'n you give me the chance to catch 40 winks I'll be good to go by the time you have that wagon ready. Just point me in the direction of the nearest bedroll."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by tooleychris »

** Alright guys, as you can tell I've been exceedingly busy lately and just haven't had the time or effort to put into gaming that I would like. I didn't want to leave you hanging so we are gonna wrap up our campaign here. Thanks so much for joining me in the story. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I have! **
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=7223

Return to “Silverymoon”