It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Ill news is an ill guest
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:34 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
The party makes its way back west and south along the familiar trail. A day turns to night as you pass the Necromancers Tomb. Another two days finds you leaving the mountain pass behind, crossing the stream, and entering the woods near Evies Farm.
Menacing black smoke rises above the treeline ahead of you. Quickening your pace you round the hill and are witness to a grim sight.

Image


Smoke rises from smoldering ashes of the buildings that made up this farmstead. No fires burn but the skeletons of Evies home bare witness to the destruction wrought here not long ago.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 597
A whimper escapes his lips before he is able to control it and Thorgrim breaks into a run towards the burnt buildings yelling, "Evie! Evie!"

He will do a quick initial search of the buildings to try and determine if anyone is/was in the buildings and if anyone is still alive and who or what might have done this horrible deed.

Search (32%): [1d100] = 85
Sense (26%): [1d100] = 9

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:57 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3843
Location: Michigan
Craxzus- Being his first visit to Evies. He begins searching to burnt buildings for any signs of life. How many people lived here? Where is Tyrion?


Search Check(31%)[1d100] = 24[color]

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:50 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17462
Location: Central Vermont
Throm "Orcs, durned orcs. Evie! where are yah lass?"

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
*Will wait a bit to make sure everyone is caught up*

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:29 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: The New World
Eirenaios rushes to the farm and searches with the others for Evie, "They are already marching through here?.....That's not a good sign"

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
Ruken may very well be in the same boat as Craxzus, not knowing much about this Evie, having only met the young lady once; but even so, the gnome shares in the group's initial shock. He too rushes over to the burning site and aids in the search.

Though Ruken's intentions are good, he cannot help but run past all of the burning buildings and check up on the bee hives first. :roll: (yeah, his priorities are a bit questionable, so what? :lol: )

"THE BEES! Gods no!"

Search Check 52% [1d100] = 57

Upon reaching the hives, he will check on their condition to see if some of them can be saved.

Beekeeping Check 75% [1d100] = 24

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Ruken reaches the hives first as they are on the way. They are untouched. It seems whoever burned the farm knew well enough to leave the stingers be.
The heat from the burnt buildings is still evident evem though the fires have run their course.
The bodies of Evies hired hands lay strewn about with many wounds. A couple orcs have fallen as well. Near them is the hewn body of the human scrapper some of you knew as Varrick.
Close to him, a shattered spear sticks through the lifeless body of Evie...
Image


You are unable to find Tyrion.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
"Once again, we are too late..." Ruken hangs his head down and shakes it back and forth, clearly frustrated and fighting back tears.

He checks the bodies to see how long they were dead, and then tells the others of his findings.

Physik Check 47% [1d100] = 1

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3843
Location: Michigan
Craxzus While looking for signs of life finds a dagger on of the humans. This is a fine looking dagger. He pockets the dagger and continues his search. Then he he sees the other gather around there friend. I am sorry friends for your loss, but we must try to get ahead of these orcs before they kill more people.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:19 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17462
Location: Central Vermont
Throm "Oh no, Evie no no no... Durned orc'll pay fer this. Did na understand half o what yah said Varrick but yah didna need this end." the dwarf sets off to searching the rubble. Search (25%) [1d100] = 34

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:04 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: The New World
Eirenaios gives a silent prayer to the the two dead in front of him before starting to dig 4 holes for the dead, "I don't know about the 2 guards or Varrick there but even though I didn't know the lass very well, I am sure she would want to be buried here in this farm, she loved this place......it's a real shame, such a happy kid she was"

Eirenaios then buries the dead with some help from the others, "We need to move, the city is in danger, what are you planing to do with the hives Ruken?"

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:43 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
With his eyes sweeping over the dead bodies and their wound marks, Ruken is able to determine that the deaths occurred 36 hours ago, roughly within the previous morning. The gnome conveys his findings to the group around him and says the following in a grave tone.

"If the orc party that did this is meaning to raid Elizabeth Bay, they already have at least a day's head start."
Quote:
"...what are you planning to do with the hives Ruken?"


"If I were to go with you all, my lack of combat prowess will just get in the way I'm afraid. My sort of work would be best done here, at this farm." The gnome looks around the burnt skeletal remains of the buildings that once stood. He then looks back towards the hives that were miraculously still intact from the fire attack. With a nod, Ruken turns to face the others to say what's on his mind.

"It will do Evie no service to leave these valuable hives unattended and wasted. I shall remain here with my lab and continue my work as I slowly clean this place up. I can take care of the hives and pay for this land with the honey produced and the elixirs I make. I cannot fight those orcs with you; however, I can support you with this."

Ruken will set up his magical hut and begin going through the elixirs stored inside. When he has identified what each one does, (guestimated) he will hand the useful ones over to the group before they depart.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:52 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
This is a list of the identified bottles from the alchemist lab

ELIXERS
Temporary Amnesia x1
Temporary Amnesia x2
Aphrodisiac Antidote x1
Beauty
Charisma
Cure Blindness
Cure Disease
Cure Paralysis
Detect Illusions x2
Flying x4
Friendship x2
Heroism x2
Invisibility x2
Luck x2
Minor Healing x6
Poison Antidote x4
Premonition x2
Protection from Evil x2
Protection from Lightning
Magic Resistance
Strength x2
Truth
Climbing
Diminution x2
Growth
Precognition
Fire Resistance
Cold Resistance

TOXIC POWDERS
Sneezing Powder
Powder of Temporary Blindness
Powder of Hallucination
Powder of Paralysis
Type 1 Poison Powder x2
Type 2 Poison Powder x2
Type 3 Poison Powder x2
Type 4 Poison Powder x2
Smoking Powder
Incendiary Powder x2
Powder of Contrariness x2

COMPOUNDS
Salve of Sharpening x2

POTIONS
Charm x2
Detect Invisibility
Detect Magic x2
Detect Metals, Elements, and Gemstones x2
E.S.P.
Flying x4
Gaseous Form
Healing x2
Extra-Healing x4
Invisibility
Regeneration
Speed x4
Giant Strength x2
Titan Strength
Water Breathing

Aqua Vitae 1 dose
Organic Solvent 1 dose
Inorganic Solvent 1 dose

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Searching through the rubble reveals nothing of value. The orcs did their job well enough. Chances are they looted prior to burning.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3843
Location: Michigan
Craxzus- I do not wish to be inconsiderate about the loss of your friend, but we need to leave to warn Elizabeth Bay. Maybe Ruken has some potions in there that may help get ahead of the raiding party.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
If no one strongly objects to this course of action, Ruken will indeed supply the group a means of catching up to the orcs and maybe even catching them ahead of schedule.

Out of the elixirs and potions that are catalogued in the hut, the gnome hands over the following, quickly describing all the ones that he thinks may help with the immediate situation ahead.

"I have magical liquids that can bestow strength (hands the two elixirs over to the dwarves), speed (gives one potion to each of the four present), healing (two healing potions and 6 minor healing elixirs for the group to split), and extra prowess in combat (two elixirs of heroism for the group). And if you don't feel like running over there, I suppose you could all fly... (hands over four elixirs of flying to the group)."

Ruken will name off some of the other ones that might come in handy as well, like invisibility or regeneration, but the explanations are all hurried, and even as the gnome speaks, he is busy stuffing all of the elixirs and potions into a bag for the group to take with. "Some of these I can make more of easily enough, others... not so much. Don't worry about it too much though. Elizabeth Bay's safety comes first and we can all grieve later! Now go!"

If anyone wanted to grab anything else from the list, I don't see why you couldn't, barring a couple of items. Just ask Ruken what you need/want and he might have it in the hut.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Its evident by the orc track present that they headed north into the woods while Midway is almost directly east and Elizabeth Bay is far to the South. There is a town to the north east however.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:35 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17462
Location: Central Vermont
Throm looks at the gnome "Flyin? Yer crazy eh? I always wanted ta ride on a dragon but ta fly meself thats crazy."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: The New World
Eirenaios goes to Ruken and pats his shoulder, "You staying here is quite dangerous, I think these corpses are a testament to how dangerous it can be out here and I would hate nothing more than to lose a dear friend like Varrick once more, how about you accompany us to Elizabeth Bay and just settle there? Though if you decide to stay here, I respect your wishes"

Eirenaios sees the tracks and consults the group, "News should have reached Elizabeth bay if we trust our friend, and it seems the orc horde is heading to a different town, should we head there and hopefully catch them off guard? Or is Elizabeth Bay still our course of action?", he looks to ruken, "Not sure how this may effect your decision friend"

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group