Ill news is an ill guest

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ill news is an ill guest

#481 Post by tooleychris »

The orcs halt their approach, pausing like puppets on a string, they hang lifeless.
The cloaked figure lowers the staff and makes a few gestures. A translucent form appears in your midst, identical to the cloaked figure still on the hill in the distance.
"You refer to the orc army laying waste to Ironton. the form whispers, facing Eirenaios. The sound comes from the breeze all around you in an eerie echoing hiss. "I assure you, your ragtag group is no match for their numbers. Even with my assistance I see no way for you to make such bargains."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#482 Post by Dram »

Craxzus steps to one side, so that he may see the orcs at his back as well the necromancer. Good sir you have not anwered our question. Are the leader of Orcs or are just collecting the dead for your experiments?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#483 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim slowly cocks his crossbow and holds it ready to bring to bear should the need arise. He slowly looks back and forth from the orcs to the figure and back again.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#484 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm keeps his war hammer in hand in case these undead orcs attack.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by tooleychris »

"I am no friends of the orcs..." whispers the voice on the wind "Nor the humans of Ironton,
Nor dwarves."
the translucent image smiles to each of you in turn. "But the orc does make a sturdier guard than the weaker races. Once I've submitted it to my power. I will need all of the protection I can acquire once the orcs turn their eyes to the other settlements here."
The ghostly image folds its arms and you can see it mocks the true figure on the hill in the distance. "Now for my inquiry. How do only the four of you come to barter my patients for an orc army? You have no great power that I've witnessed in your fight here. No army...how will you bring the orcs sacking Ironton to their knees?"

GreyWolfVT

#486 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Eh we survived a demon. An orcs well more we kill tha more fer you right?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#487 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim growls, "No friend 'o anybody, eh? I've no use fer those who only be lookin' out fer themselves! We ain't lookin' to bargain. If'n you ain't gonna help us, just stay outta our way!"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#488 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Still not trusting the figure before them. We are acting as scouts for the large army waiting for them.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#489 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios smiles, "We know where they are headed next, which road they intend to take and we have the backing of an army as my friend here said, now I am willing to share this information and a dead orc army with you provided you aid us.....now some of my friends here, they don't....trust you, which is understandable so you might have to jump through a few hoops. But I get where you come from, you simply want power and we simply want to kill the orcs, he holds his hand out to the ghostly figure to shake it, "what do you say? Partners?
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT

#490 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "I've no problems with this fella I just dun trust these undead orcs. If the cloaked man be willin ta help us fine by me an he can keep all the undead orcs he wants."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#491 Post by tooleychris »

The wispy figure scowls at Thorgrim, locking eyes with the dwarf and speaks to Eirenaios "There aren't enough soldiers in all of the settlements here combined to worry the now armed orcs. If they continue their carnage they'll be passing by this road to Charlette next. These pets of mine " he says indicating the orcs next to his real form on the hill "They shared with me that they have an agent within the city. Some bitch to open the gates and welcome them in. That they will use a copper vat full of explosive powders to destroy the keep as soon as they are inside. I've seen this device first hand.
6 orcs carry it on a raft of animal skins, as if it were a basket of fragile eggs. Though why they would risk taking it to Ironton is beyond me. I had planned to rain fire on this vat when they pass this way toward Charlette. The carnage will be glorios."

GreyWolfVT

#492 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm smiles and chuckles a bit "That aint a half bad idea that would be a marvelous site to behold and think more for your collective of undead orcs. I'd be happy to assist in that little quest. Blow up tha orcs before they can reach the town sounds fun ta me."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#493 Post by tooleychris »

"Maybe so." says the translucent figure to Throm. "But we have a bit of a wait till the orcs rally from the battle and make their way down this road toward Charlotte. I aint seen no army of yours on the horizon. They'd come in handy when the fireworks begin..."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#494 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- turns away from necromancer and whispers. I think we should go with our original plan. Blow the tunnel. He looks at Throm.So what is he going to do with a Orc Army?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#495 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm shrugs "Dunno." in reply to the question from Craxzus

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#496 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios winks at Craxzus secretly.

Eirenaios nods, "I agree with my friend, seems like you have a decent plan and you know of the tunnel, we can assist you. They are heading to Charlotte correct? Their lies the army and the umm...'bitch' situation has been dealt with so all that they will be met with is a ready army that will be instructed to set traps by the end of the tunnel"

Eirenaios starts drawing on the dirt "The orcs will be in the tunnel, it's fair to assume that the explosive would be in the middle, we blow it up, lots of casualties which you can easily convert into a force strong enough to push them to the open arms of Chalotte soldiers, we will be coming at them from behind applying pressure and dealing with anyone that tries to escape, he extends his hand again smiling and waiting for him to shake it.
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#497 Post by tooleychris »

"Tunnel?" asks the apparition. "Gods below! I'd forgotten the Iron road through the mountain! And these orcs of mine said nothing of it before we became such good friends. So the orcs will take a short way to Charlotte! I would have waited here for nothing!" he looks to the sun passing its noon mark in the sky. "Blast me to pieces! They'll be entering the mines soon and it's at least two days through as I recall. Their volatile package may slow them a bit.
He rubs his chin in thought. "Blowing their parcel inside the tunnel would cause great destruction but also possibly cave in the tunnel as well. That does me no good if I can't reach them or perish in the process. " he opens his robe revealing several potions and counts out 4. "I've not enough mana drought to dig out of the tunnels should they collapse upon me. Perhaps it is best to let the orcs reek their Havok and I can visit their mass graves later..." he looks up slightly startled realising he'd said his conversation to his self aloud. "Of course we will aid Charlotte in any way we can when the orcs emerge...but we must hurry!"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#498 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Whispers again I do not care about his orc army if we can destroy them in the tunnel, Lets do it!! Our job is to save lives. I need to regain my spells.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#499 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim mumbles under his breath, "I don't know which is worse, live orcs 'er dead orcs."

Turning to the apparition he chuckles, "Maybe those orcs ain't such good friends o' yours after all. Well, if'n yer willin' to help us we won't say no but like I said before, don't be gettin' in our way!"

GreyWolfVT

#500 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "I aint so sure I like undead orcs none but I'd be thinkin if these one were able ta lie or hold back information best ta look for a better pet or friend. I'd be willin ta help protect yah so ya don't die if yer willin ta help us stop them orcs."

Return to “Silverymoon”