Ill news is an ill guest

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Ill news is an ill guest

#461 Post by Blazeguard »

"Aye! It be lookin' like they be plannin' their own ambush". Thorgrim studies the map to see if he can recognize the locations or area.

Insight (21%): [1d100] = 19

OOC: Not sure if insight is the right one or not.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#462 Post by tooleychris »

After some deduction you realize this is probably a crude map of the Iron Road. The tunnel that leads through the mountain from Ironton to Charleotte.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#463 Post by Blazeguard »

"If'n we can git back to Charlotte quick like, there's a good chance we could find that tunnel and ambush 'em there. I say we head back immediately."

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#464 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios looks at the map then speaks, "We should split up, half of us go back and set the ambush and the other half go through the tunnel in Ironron and cut off their escape route. Me and Craxzus can handle things from there, I can create a giant fireball that should close out the tunnel and set them on fire if they retreat and Craxzus can protect my back if some find a way to esxape", he looks to everyone for confirmation.
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#465 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Never a good plan ta split the group, aint always workin in our favor yah know."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#466 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios nods, "I agree but how can we both save whatever is left of Ironron and alert Charleotte? How about I go to Ironron but since our priority is Charleotte, all of you head there to alert them and set a trap. We can't forsake either town and we are strapped on time"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Dram »

Craxzus Maybe could collapse this side of the tunnel. And we could all ambush them from the other side? We could enter thru the air vents.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#468 Post by Blazeguard »

"I wonder where they're at right now?", muses Thorgrim. "If we could figure out where they are we could collapse the tunnel in front of them or on top of them even and prevent them from even reaching Charlotte. Craxzus, the air vents aren't large enough to us to navigate but dropping a fireball down one would definitely create a mess."

He takes another look at the map trying to get some bearings and figure out where they are in relation to the map and how long it might take the orcs to travel the tunnel.

GreyWolfVT

#469 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Well that an air chutes aint no bigger than a foot around so less yer gonna change ta a snake er small animal yah aint gonna fit down no air chute."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by tooleychris »

When you ran into the shady merchant Harold earlier, you recall the guard questioning him about taking the long road around the mountains instead of through it, using the Iron Road, which only takes two days instead of 4. If the orcs left immediately after Harolds delivery and took a day to sack Ironton they SHOULD only be just entering the tunnels. Which means they will take two days March to reach Charlotte. The map shows a rest area indicating merchants using the road don't usually make the whole journey without a break.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#471 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios
"We don't have the time to both go to Charleotte and Ironron since their army is already marching down the tunnel, we have to split up if we want to check on Ironron and help any survivors"

GreyWolfVT

#472 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "We're aint gonna be effective in smaller groups an we be riskin endin up dead ourselves in doin so. The smarter choice is have the bird form magic elf fly ta one location warn them an the rest of us cut off the orc in the tunnels."

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#473 Post by Blazeguard »

"Aye, me fellow kinsman be right. Even if we could get to Ironron in time we have no support 'r resources to fight the orcs there. Ironron is lost, I fear." Thorgrim bows his head in a moment of sorrow. "But if we ambush them in the tunnel here there be a good chance we can rid this land of those filthy orcs once and fer all."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Sorry friends I have had no rest. My spell casting capabilities are gone.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#475 Post by tooleychris »

A thick plume of smoke starts to appear in the north east. Rising slowly above the hills several smaller streams of black smoke feed into one larger column. A large fire has been started about a days journey from you, in the direction of Ironton.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#476 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios looks to the smoke and sighs, "I guess we can't do anything for Ironron, alright, since Craxzus can't turn into a bird now then we should head back to warn Charleotte, make traps and strengthen their defenses around the tunnel"

GreyWolfVT

#477 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "I'm ta thinkin we need ta cut them bastards off in the tunnels between Ironton and Charleotte. But yer plan sounds good too Eirenaios."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#478 Post by tooleychris »

"You look weary from your battle!" calls a old crackling voice from a hill to the south of you. "Perhaps you would make fine additions to my guard!"
You look in the distance and see a robed man with hood drawn carrying a staff about 100 yards away. He is flanked by two orcs carrying battle axes.
Before you can respond the cloaked figure waves his staff before him and a green wave of energy flows down the hill and passes through you with no apparent effect.
The two orcs you previously cut down rise to their feet. Their eyes are now milky white and lifeless though they weild their weapons once again with evil intent!
undeasdorc.JPG
undeasdorc.JPG (128.5 KiB) Viewed 531 times

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#479 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios speaks to Throm, "Can we enter the tunnel midway? if we can it would be great" before someone suddenly shows up.

Eirenaios turns to the newcomer and smiles, "Well, hello there, why do people always resort to killing each other? I see you can raise the dead, I understand your inclination to want to kill anyone you meet but cooperation is always an option you know. I could help you attain an army of orcs, fighting each other would only weaken both our forces, what do you say?

He readies himself to cast sleep in case the wizard declines the offer.

Sorcery(89): [1d100] = 68

Dodge(56): [1d100] = 26

DEX: 14

GreyWolfVT

#480 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm hells to the cloaked man "Eh why yah dun raised them dead orcs for eh?! Be you friend er foe ta them orc?!" the dwarf hoping to attempt to not enter another battle so quickly after the first one though ready to if he has to.

Dodge (72%) [1d100] = 73

If need be the dwarf will grab is war hammer and swing at the nearest undead orc War Hammer (69%) [1d100] = 29 Damage: [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6 + [1d4] = 2

Return to “Silverymoon”