It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:57 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Throm "Eh well two o' us might be able ta try our strength at tha same time an maybe who knows we may open tha door." animated in his talking shrugging shoulders and waving hands around as if to emphasize his points in his speech.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:10 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
If the group decides to try to force their way through the doors using brute strength, Ruken, and quite humorously too, will throw his strength into the mix as well. ;)

Dex 6 I'll throw my dex stat in too, because you never know what might happen after this stunt...Strength Check 8% [1d100] = 87

The gnome walks up to the door, and with a thumbs up and friendly smile he looks to each dwarf and says in a reassuring tone, "I've got this!"

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:31 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3557
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
So to be clear the group is trying to force the door while pulling the lever ? If so will need Effort rolls for everyone (besides Ruken ;) )

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:18 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Throm inspired by his speech and the gnomes efforts heaves on the door with his dwarven muscle

STR:22 Effort Roll:110% [1d100] = 9

wasn't sure how to get this right so please tell me how to make the correct macro

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:15 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3557
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
GreyWolfVT wrote:
Throm inspired by his speech and the gnomes efforts heaves on the door with his dwarven muscle

STR:22 Effort Roll:110% [1d100] = 9

wasn't sure how to get this right so please tell me how to make the correct macro


this is great

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:40 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 44
Strength 18(92%)[1d100] = 85

I will lend a hand.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:43 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 597
Thorgrim steps up and grabs onto the lever again as well.

Strength (95%): [1d100] = 87

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3557
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
As half the group put their shoulders to the door and Varrick leans on the lever nothing seems to happen for a couple of seconds. ..then Varrick curses and falls to the ground.
"Abeeda sonuva witch whore!" he shouts getting to his feet. He looks at the lever still in his hand, snapped in twain.
I didneven feel'er give a little. Dem gears in't musta be froze goot."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:47 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Throm shrugs "Eh well guess we be done in this place eh?"

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3557
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Varrick(npc) scratches his head and pulls out his tools. He works on the box below the lever for a minute and the stone panel falls away, revealing rocks where a center gear should be.
He whistles to himself. " 'ell, dat splains dat. Needin us a cog. Can rig dis lever if'n we findin it."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Throm "Well I ain't no engneer but I think I could figure sumthin out fer yah Varrick." Repair (32%) [1d100] = 90
standing there staring at what he has for items the dwarf scratches his head "Eh well may be a good idea if I had the tools ta help repair it eh Varrick?" adding a stupid smile after he is done talking.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
"It was worth a shot everyone," Ruken says as they fail to open the door once more. He inspects the box and nods as he thinks he understands what Varrick just said. "Yes, a missing component indeed. It is clear that someone tampered with this so as to keep the contents of room behind the door a secret. The components we seek may very well be hidden somewhere in this crypt, though, uh... I'd rather not defile the dead if I don't have to." The gnome furrows his brows and puts his hands out waving the idea away. "You guys can do it *yawns*. I'm going to catch some sleep and just rest against this wall here."

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:17 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3557
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
"Aye. Could be usina winkertwo meself, but da air beina bit thick'ere. Ratherbe goin back tada woods out yonder." says Varrick (npc) he stands, kicks one of the rocks from the gear box, and walks back up the long hallway.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:10 am 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 44
Search (66%) [1d100] = 85
Do you be having a mouth full of rocks? Are we to just go back, seems a door was meant to be opened

Feeling around the exterior of the door frame and searching the ground for anything that would save a long walk back empty handed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Throm "Sure it was meant ta be opened once. But some dunderhead cided ta muck around an make that harder ta manage."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:19 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
Ruken, not seeing anything else that can be done to the doors at the moment, slowly starts to backtrack up the tunnel. He scans the ground carefully as he does this, looking to see if he can spot any discarded gears/cogs or piles of dirt that may suggest quick burying. He uses the undying torch found earlier to aid this search.

Search Check 46% [1d100] = 26

"If this is sabotage, the culprit could have buried the missing component nearby for quick access. Can't rule out any possibilities like this, at least not yet. Meet you guys up top!"

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3557
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
The party makes its way back up the long corridor and through the tomb. Ruken skillfully examines the hall as you proceed. Following Varrick to the entrance/exit they see him tense in the moonlight streaming through the door.

(moving action back here:)
http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=4057&p=226126#p226126

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group