Tomb of the Builders

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Tomb of the Builders

#81 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm tries to intimidate the dragon and lich. Hmm is there a BS skill i can roll for? :lol:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#82 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios casts friendly animal on the dragon, boooom!!! I have a pet dragon!!!! Out of curiosity, would that have actually worked?
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rukellian »

Where the friendly little gnome once stood, but a moment ago, is now a dotted outline, in typical cartoon fashion. The group looks around but can no longer find the little guy, probably for the best. :lol:

The first thing I thought when I saw that post was not, 'oh s#$t a dragon!', or 'ahaha, very funny tooley!' No. My first thought, honest to god, was this, 'Wait a moment... I wonder if dragon dung can yield some potent effects in potion brewing?' ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by tooleychris »

was waiting for Blaze to chime but...majority wants to say hi to big troll so....
The party makes its way west towards the creek, by the elfs direction. After about a 1/2 hour you near the area.

tactics? Actions.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Whats that big brown mound thing to the upper left of us?

Can we see what it is? Big rock? Hovel? Copper Mine?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by tooleychris »

Through the trees from where you stand it looks to be a mound of loose dirt. Looking in that direction you can see an outcropping of rock just beyond it that does appear to be yet another cave!

GreyWolfVT

#87 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I saw that too MW and it looks like a smaller cave to me but i won't argue that point :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick climbs the rock in front of them and starts to survey the area, spotting land marks and their big target. He sits down and looks to his group, "A' be tink' we needin' 'a plan, ye? Let'tus git tink' fer one. A' see'in 'a big moun'a dirt an' 'a small'a cave o'er der, ye? Wot bout' we go an' git sinkin' wit da big troll ye? Possib' git it o'er ta te dirt? Bout we git seekin dat cave ye? Trap it in'na small'a place Maybs?" He looks at Eirenaios, "Ya got som'tin ta turn te ground 'n all dat ta mud er som'tin? We's be needin' ta trap dis big guy, ye?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#89 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios frowns, "Sadly I don't, I have conquered water and fire, Earth is still a hard thing to control for me. Although, I can try and put him to sleep if you want? Or give him a mean itch! If he was an undead I could have beckoned the demons of the underworld to retrieve their minions!", Eirenaios was desperate, when he feels he is lacking in magic he turns into an extremely needy person in need of validation.

He calms down a bit, "Umm....should we check the mound before we make any plans?".
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm looks at Varrick again....

the dwarf then scratches his head, fully lost in the mans speach, then makes one of his own.
"I think we need ta stop n think, before our next move."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick looks at Eirenaios with a confused look, "Ya c'n put ta big'n der ta sleep an' ye jus' now sayin' so? W'y we 'all slack'n'jawin w'en ye c'n jus' put it' lights' out ye? Ye do dat 'n we' jus' slit it neck, eas' as c'n be!"

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim looks around. "I think we should scout out the dirt pile and the possible cave before we face the troll. If possible I'd like to try to get a little closer and have a look at the area right around the troll's cave as well. We're gonna need all the help we can get to bring this monster down."

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#93 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios relaxes, seeing as he took back a bit of his confidence back, "Yeah, I can do that but the chances vary from creature to creature." he looks to Thorgrim and Throm then nods, "Yes, a plan B is always good when fighting a twin headed troll, so shall we check that loose spot?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Rukellian »

"If it will help improve our chances of not losing any limbs or getting clobbered to death, I say let's do it!" When the group starts to talk about a mound of dirt, Ruken crosses his arms and furrows his brows, entering a state of concentration.

"If there is a mound of dirt in the middle of a forest, that could mean a few things. Someone buried something, someone was excavating an area earlier and moving large amounts of earthen debris, or its a trap! Maybe... its all three!"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#95 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"A body?......it could be the body of a mage, with a book of spells by his side. we must search the piece of land!"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick leads the group over towards the large mound of loose dirt, checking over it all from a safe distance at first, moving closer and then checking, repeating that process until he is physically at the dirt mound.

Search (41%): [1d100] = 67 - First stop

Search (41%): [1d100] = 35 - Second stop

Search (41%): [1d100] = 93 - at the actual mound of dirt

Not sure if this will work mechanically, basically moving to the dirt mound but stopping at intervals to check it for any movement or signs of traps

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by tooleychris »

As you approach the mound, slowly, your search reveals that it is just that.
A mound of fist sized balls of mud at the top, working down to where those balls have dried and fallen to dry dirt.
It's Almost as if a child was making mud balls, stacking them, and over time they dried and fell apart.
The mound is about 6' high and 20 feet around.

The second pause reveals a clicking sound coming from beyond the mound. As you stop, straining to listen, you see a large ant, about the size of a medium dog dropping more balls on the mound and skittering down out of sight!

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#98 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios gets a happy grin and he begins to follow the dog ant, "Shall you be my new companion? Let's see what you can do first", he turns to his companions, "Shall we follow the little big thing? We won't stray far from the troll and we might discover something, who knows."

GreyWolfVT

#99 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Eh a dog? Out here? Whats it doin'? Here doggy, here eh boy." the dwarf calls to the dog pats his leg with one hand and tries to whistle to the dog.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Rukellian »

"Iron Eye Oh's!" (Ruken is still learning Eirenaios' name. This is how he thinks it is spelled.) Ruken says in a soft shout. "Are you sure you it is wise to try to befriend a dog ant?! Last I checked, giant bugs aren't friendly, to anyone." The gnome's eyes widen with seriousness as he says this. "I'm curious to see what is in that dirt mound too, but-" Throm's whistles cut Ruken's sentence short. He looks at the dwarf and facepalms. Ruken at this point walks to the back of the group and looks for a nice bush to hide behind.

Hide Check 24% [1d100] = 56

He searches for another sizeable stone to throw in case there is a fight.

Search Check 45% [1d100] = 6

Return to “Silverymoon”