Tomb of the Builders

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Tomb of the Builders

#681 Post by tooleychris »

Ruken approaches the beast slowly. Its breathing becomes gurgly and his exhales its last.
"Well ders a bitta luck." chuckles Thorgrim(npc) "Thinkin I'll stay'ere and watch o'er you a bit."
The gnome smiles and begins his work.
The others make their climb up the cliff face using natural foot holds and outcrops to pull themselves up until they shimmy over the large ledge. A dark cave leads down into the mountain. A very steep ramp, about 60°, is the only access into the dark, stank hole. Sounds of water dripping can be heard but nothing else. The sun light barely illuminates the bottom of the ramp.

Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#682 Post by Tyrion »

Climb (49%)[1d100] = 40

Starting up towards the nest.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#683 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm attempts to follow the rock dwarf towards the nest

Climb 81% [1d100] = 75
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#684 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios follows everyone to the awaited treasure Climb(43): [1d100] = 14
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#685 Post by tooleychris »

Craxzus(npc) also begins climbing down the hole.
Dram Climb (50%) [1d100] = 21

The ramp is steep but the four adventurers make the climb easily into the dark hole. The ramp ends about 30 feet down at a pool of greenish water. The sunlight streaming in from above ends near the bottom of the ramp.
"Is a bit dark, even for my eyes." says Craxzus who pulls a torch and lights it.
The illumination reveals a large cavern with great stalgmites reaching from the floor to ceiling.
The dwarves in the group reach out with their earthsense ability and detect small amounts of movement in the cave, but these are probably dung beetles feasting on the waste of the wyvern.
The group spreads out and begins exploring.

Eirenaios & Craxzus find a large pile of tree branches and leaves, making up the Wyvern nest and a strange insect like creature that appears to be wearing plated armor. It is about the size of a domestic dog but does not move. Even with the torch it is too dim to make out much detail.
Throm & Tyrion head more to the east and discover a large pile of bones from bears, deer, and various other creatures. Obvious humanoid bones are scattered about the mess. The glint of gold can also be seen among the bones, flickering dimly in Crazus' torch light. More light would make it easier to sort through the junk.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#686 Post by Dram »

Craxzus will look for the longest branch that he can use manageably use and move the debris around cautiously. Be careful we do not know diseases lurk in these bones.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#687 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Eh over ere. Looks like piles o coin." motioning the others over to the spot where the dwarves make out the shiny stuff in a heap.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#688 Post by tooleychris »

Managing a torch and the long branch is difficult for Craxzus and there's barely enough light to properly shuffle through the mess of bones and scrap.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#689 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim shakes his head as he recovers from his slide across the rock. He quickly checks himself over and then tries to climb up to the cave, following the others.

Climb (49%): [1d100] = 90
Dodge (73%): [1d100] = 86

(wasn't sure if Dodge might help negate some of the damage but it doesn't look like it will help anyways.)

"Uh, I'll just stay down here and help Ruken" he calls as the rest disappear into the cave.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#690 Post by Rukellian »

Having proved successful in finding the venom gland within the wyvern, Ruken starts to slowly extract the liquid poisons into his vials. He concentrates on this task, not wanting to risk any spillage and potential harm to himself or Thorgrim. He mutters a quick thanks to the dwarf who stood behind to watch his back.

"Thank you. Knowing you are watching over the area puts me at ease. I can concentrate on this delicate task now."

If there is a roll necessary for such concentration, like steady hands or something of the like, let me know and I will edit this post accordingly with a roll. Otherwise, I believe I can do this safely if I deliberately take my time and not rush it.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#691 Post by Tyrion »

Search (66%) [1d100] = 44

Sorting thru the debris trying to collect all the valuable bits, Does anyone have a pouch to put this in?

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#692 Post by tooleychris »

Rukellian wrote:Having proved successful in finding the venom gland within the wyvern, Ruken starts to slowly extract the liquid poisons into his vials. He concentrates on this task, not wanting to risk any spillage and potential harm to himself or Thorgrim. He mutters a quick thanks to the dwarf who stood behind to watch his back.

"Thank you. Knowing you are watching over the area puts me at ease. I can concentrate on this delicate task now."

If there is a roll necessary for such concentration, like steady hands or something of the like, let me know and I will edit this post accordingly with a roll. Otherwise, I believe I can do this safely if I deliberately take my time and not rush it.
Ruken easily drips the deadly fluid into his vial without spilling any. Years of such measuring has given him steady hands and sure confidence.
The bladder is quite large. How many vials will Ruken fill?

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#693 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Calls over Throm. Come over here help me search these bones.

Spot roll
% roll[1d100] = 23

OCC-I should of bumped up my spot roll. My mistake should of realized it meant search.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#694 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios stands there staring strangely at the weird insect that seem very peculiar. Without dropping his guard he starts inspecting it.

Sorcery(89): [1d100] = 67

Nature(35): [1d100] = 6

Physik(70): [1d100] = 86
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#695 Post by tooleychris »

thesniperknight1 wrote:Eirenaios stands there staring strangely at the weird insect that seem very peculiar. Without dropping his guard he starts inspecting it.

Sorcery(89): [1d100] = 67

Nature(35): [1d100] = 6

Physik(70): [1d100] = 86
Eirenaios has never seen anything like it, but it is dark for seeing any fine detail. Moving it around, he discovers it is quite heavy.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#696 Post by Rukellian »

Of the six empty vials he has left, two will be allocated to the poisonous fluid. Three more will be used for the wyvern blood. Leaving one empty vial left.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#697 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios will move it to the entrance where there are a bit more light to examine it there

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#698 Post by tooleychris »

thesniperknight1 wrote:Eirenaios will move it to the entrance where there are a bit more light to examine it there
In the streaming sunlight Eirenaios discovers the bug is no bug at all but a device with gears, hinges, springs, and do-dads. It has been badly crushed as if squeezed between mighty claws.
Rukellian wrote:Of the six empty vials he has left, two will be allocated to the poisonous fluid. Three more will be used for the wyvern blood. Leaving one empty vial left.
someone will need more vials soon.

GreyWolfVT

#699 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm starts to aid in the searching of the piles and what not.

Search (25%) [1d100] = 64

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#700 Post by Blazeguard »

Once Ruken has safely extracted the fluids, Thorgrim will begin examining the dragon himself. He will try to cut/pull/rip some of the scales off in hopes of finding someone who could fashion some armor or some such out of it. Then he will examine the surrounding area closer to make sure there is nothing else that is waiting to ambush them.

Search (32%): [1d100] = 61
Listen (26%): [1d100] = 92

Return to “Silverymoon”